Toyota 120 Platforms Forum

Toyota 120 Platforms Forum (http://www.toyota120.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outfitting (http://www.toyota120.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Metal Tech Seat Brackets/PRP Seat Install (http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26089)

loose_electron 07-16-2013 05:05 AM

Metal Tech Seat Brackets/PRP Seat Install
 
Metal Tech Seat Brackets/PRP Seat Install

A few months ago I was talking with LT, one of the co-owners from Metal Tech about a couple different mods. Seems to me we were discussing products that his company had developed for the FJC and what might fit the 4th Gen 4Runner.

The conversation turned towards the MT seat brackets designed to mount the PRP brand seats in an FJC and may fit the T4R. After several careful measurements and a few pictures sent to LT for seat slider verification we came to the conclusion that this just might work. Sign me up!

Link for seat brackets-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-498-fj...et-system.aspx

Additionally I ordered the Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) bypass module in order to turn the passenger Airbag on or off, but during install we learned it was not needed for the 2004 install. Newer year models might require this bypass module. This part was returned and credited without a hassle.

Link for OCS-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-604-oc...-resister.aspx

I spent the next hour looking at seat designs, options available and seat materials and colors. I quickly placed my order and agreed to be the guinea pig.
Here is the model I choose for my 2004 Sport with optional lumber support and rear seat pockets.

Link for PRP Seats-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-513-enduro.aspx

Here is the final picture. During the following posts I will retrace my steps and describe how I got to this point by describing the ease at which the products went together and what I ran into during assembly.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps18599eaa.jpg

norseman 07-16-2013 05:26 PM

what up w/ your interior? Did you rip out all the carpet and put bedliner in there?

loose_electron 07-16-2013 06:19 PM

Yes, when I bought the vehicle in 2007 I pulled all the interior and drove to the local Spray on liner shop and pulled the remaining driver seat. They sprayed from front to the rear hatch and about six inches up the sides whih is hidden behind the plastic trim.

Not shown in the picture but I normally have the floor mats installed.

The lining has held up well over the years, no bare spots or tears in the lining.

There are additional floor pictures here...
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/album.php?albumid=167

Mikestang 07-16-2013 09:52 PM

That's cool, seating options are nice. Good work! You should paint those plastic bolt covers black so they match the new brackets.

java230 07-17-2013 07:58 AM

Those look really nice. How much of a difference do the suspension seats make on rough roads?

Ryanmb21 07-17-2013 08:08 AM

Very cool that you did something new and found something that works for you. But man - it looks hideous.

Wishbone 07-17-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanmb21 (Post 186297)
Very cool that you did something new and found something that works for you. But man - it looks hideous.

Really?

I think it looks awesome, and again props for thinking outside the box!

the_josh 07-17-2013 02:03 PM

Very cool mod on the seats you did there. In retrospect before I install leather in my truck a wish I would have replaced the front seats with a bajastyle seat

loose_electron 07-18-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikestang (Post 186294)
That's cool, seating options are nice. Good work! You should paint those plastic bolt covers black so they match the new brackets.

I've thought about it for awhile, just never got around to doing it yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by java230 (Post 186296)
Those look really nice. How much of a difference do the suspension seats make on rough roads?

I would recommend it over stock seats, ask for a test ride if you know someone that has a pair of any brand suspension seats. Years ago I had the opportunity to be a participant as a co-driver in the 2000 National Rockcrawling Championship. The event was held at Montrose, CO that year and although we didn't make the final cut :( what stuck with me is the fabulous Beard suspension seats my friend had in his FJ40. During the drive back to our hotel each night I was amazed at how comfortable I was and didn't feel all beat up or fatigued. I knew one day that is a mod for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanmb21 (Post 186297)
Very cool that you did something new and found something that works for you. But man - it looks hideous.

Thanks :xnuts:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishbone (Post 186306)
Really?
I think it looks awesome, and again props for thinking outside the box!

Thank you, I'm constantly looking for new products to share.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_josh (Post 186307)
Very cool mod on the seats you did there. In retrospect before I install leather in my truck a wish I would have replaced the front seats with a bajastyle seat

Thank you Josh

GloryBigs 07-18-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishbone (Post 186306)
Really?

I think it looks awesome, and again props for thinking outside the box!

Ditto

shallcallhimtim 01-07-2019 12:42 PM

I know this is a super old thread, but would you happen to have any pictures of how you modified the brackets? Iím wanting to install some prp seats in mine and metal tech said that there was no way to modify them to work. Seeing that you did it, I know it can be done.

Darklight 01-08-2019 09:05 AM

Those PRP suspension seats would be sweet! Looks like MT has brackets that adapt to the 4th gen for a different seat these https://www.metaltech4x4.com/scheel-...rtline-f-seat/ .

Not sure why they don't have one fro the PRP. I'm sure they could be adapted or modified to work with PRP though. PRP look to be around $700 a pop

Darklight 01-08-2019 12:41 PM

What configuration did you choose for the PRP seating? Looks like they offer Vinyl or Vinyl with suede insert. Heated option too. How are these holding up over the years? Been about 5 years now. Any more details on the frame install to the factory location would be great.

Bobby

Quote:

Originally Posted by loose_electron (Post 186245)
Metal Tech Seat Brackets/PRP Seat Install

A few months ago I was talking with LT, one of the co-owners from Metal Tech about a couple different mods. Seems to me we were discussing products that his company had developed for the FJC and what might fit the 4th Gen 4Runner.

The conversation turned towards the MT seat brackets designed to mount the PRP brand seats in an FJC and may fit the T4R. After several careful measurements and a few pictures sent to LT for seat slider verification we came to the conclusion that this just might work. Sign me up!

Link for seat brackets-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-498-fj...et-system.aspx

Additionally I ordered the Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) bypass module in order to turn the passenger Airbag on or off, but during install we learned it was not needed for the 2004 install. Newer year models might require this bypass module. This part was returned and credited without a hassle.

Link for OCS-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-604-oc...-resister.aspx

I spent the next hour looking at seat designs, options available and seat materials and colors. I quickly placed my order and agreed to be the guinea pig.
Here is the model I choose for my 2004 Sport with optional lumber support and rear seat pockets.

Link for PRP Seats-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-513-enduro.aspx

Here is the final picture. During the following posts I will retrace my steps and describe how I got to this point by describing the ease at which the products went together and what I ran into during assembly.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps18599eaa.jpg


shallcallhimtim 01-10-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darklight (Post 215236)
What configuration did you choose for the PRP seating? Looks like they offer Vinyl or Vinyl with suede insert. Heated option too. How are these holding up over the years? Been about 5 years now. Any more details on the frame install to the factory location would be great.

Bobby

Bobby,

Iím trying to find a donor 4th gen seat and Iím going to start designing something. Iíd love to keep the seat slide and leave the height where it is. Most of the brackets add about an inch in seat height which I donít want.

If you see any old seats let me know!!

Darklight 01-15-2019 02:09 PM

I would want a lower seat as well not add an inch! Talked to our friends at Metal Tech and looks like they are going to look into a bracket fro the 4th gen to work with the PRP Daily and/or Enduro suspension seats. Not sure how long but lets bug them in a week or so. haha!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2013 Toyota120.com