Toyota 120 Platforms Forum

Toyota 120 Platforms Forum (http://www.toyota120.com/forum/index.php)
-   GPS maps, routes, waypoints and tracks database (http://www.toyota120.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Sherman Pass Trail and area (http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645)

bulldog 07-26-2006 06:14 PM

Sherman Pass Trail and area

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the map for the August 2006 trip.

I updated it with the last routes and waypoints. I also included the actual trail tracks of where we went. This will save anybody quite a bit of headache on the next run as some of the routes were changed from the maps.

expat 05-25-2007 02:00 PM

Andries - can you update this map set with Version 7 of Mapsource City Selects Nth America.

Its currently V6 and I can't open it with V7?

Thanks
Mark

Nevermind, Worked a way around it I think.

caslim 09-30-2010 08:47 AM

Hey Andries, I know this is an older thread, but by chance do you still have the garmin gdb file for the monache trip? If so, are you able to convert it to a gpx file? Mapsource will do do it, but I don't have the software.

bulldog 09-30-2010 09:56 AM

I will have to check to see if I still have the file.

Joel 09-30-2010 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This work?

caslim 09-30-2010 01:13 PM

That worked! Thank you!

SP Jon M3 08-03-2011 09:26 PM

Here is the gpx file for Monache Meadows:

Monache Meadows July 29, 2011.gpx

International Felon 09-05-2011 02:37 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm a new member on this forum and this thread is exactly what I've been looking for. :)
I am leading a group of friends up to Monache Meadows next weekend (I've been there numerous times and know what to expect), and we are planning on running Sherman Pass on the way back (which I have never done and don't really know what to expect). I have downloaded the maps and GPS points from this thread and have everything ready to go. Thank you for sharing that, btw, it is going to be extremely helpful!
Can someone tell me about how long it will take to cross Sherman Pass from Blackrock Ranger Station to Isabella Lake? Is there any reason it is preferable to go from Isabella to Blackrock other than the uphill vs. downhill? I want to get to Monache early enough in the day that we have our pick of the campsites and still have time to do some exploring.
Everyone I am leading is an experienced wheeler, and the pictures and videos I saw don't look like anything we can't handle. I've just never done this trail before and I'm looking for any insider information I can get.

Thanks in advance!
(not really an) International Felon

bulldog 09-05-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by International Felon (Post 149522)
Hi everyone,
I'm a new member on this forum and this thread is exactly what I've been looking for. :)
I am leading a group of friends up to Monache Meadows next weekend (I've been there numerous times and know what to expect), and we are planning on running Sherman Pass on the way back (which I have never done and don't really know what to expect). I have downloaded the maps and GPS points from this thread and have everything ready to go. Thank you for sharing that, btw, it is going to be extremely helpful!
Can someone tell me about how long it will take to cross Sherman Pass from Blackrock Ranger Station to Isabella Lake? Is there any reason it is preferable to go from Isabella to Blackrock other than the uphill vs. downhill? I want to get to Monache early enough in the day that we have our pick of the campsites and still have time to do some exploring.
Everyone I am leading is an experienced wheeler, and the pictures and videos I saw don't look like anything we can't handle. I've just never done this trail before and I'm looking for any insider information I can get.

Thanks in advance!
(not really an) International Felon

Probably post up the question in the trail planning section (start a new thread), this thread is used to post map files and datapoints.

International Felon 09-06-2011 03:58 PM

oops, thanks Bulldog. I'll do that. :)

tmayar 11-12-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog (Post 6900)
Here is the map for the August 2006 trip.

I updated it with the last routes and waypoints. I also included the actual trail tracks of where we went. This will save anybody quite a bit of headache on the next run as some of the routes were changed from the maps.

do you think i will be ok in a stock 2016 4runner trail, i have friends heading down there this month and i want to go but i dont want to damage the car. scratches im ok with but dents and anything else i am a little scared of and would like an opinion from someone thats been there going through sherman pass

bulldog 11-12-2016 05:47 PM

Should be OK with sliders, only a few tougher spots.