View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #1
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Exclamation 13th Annual Easter Mojave Road Trip!!

Alright people.......it's about time to plan for our 13th Annual NVTTORA Easter Mojave Road trip!!!

For some reason, I'm posting this up earlier........maybe so my old ass doesn't forget to post it up in a reasonable time in relation to the actual dates like I have the last couple trips!
Also, I'm sure it will benefit folks having more time to plan.

This Easter falls on April 1 2018!!!.......so, our trip will be on Friday March 30 to Easter Sunday, April 1 2018!!!!
We will be going from East to West...in other word.....following the Mojave Road from start to finish!!! :driving:

I'll add more info as we go along here..... Add these dates to your calender!!!! :cool:

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We will meet at the Smiths Food King in Fort Mohave, AZ......just across the bridge from the Avi hotel outside of Laughlin, NV.

Those of you coming from SoCal or NorCal might want to get a room at the Avi Hotel for Thursday night.....VS driving all night and then again all day!!
Rooms are cheap, and you can get a good inexpensive dinner and breakfast as well........and a hot shower!!!!

Meet date, place and time:
Friday March 30 2018
around 10:00 am.
@ the Smiths Food King in Fort Mohave, AZ......just across the bridge from the Avi hotel gas station and Mini Mart

We can top off our gas tank, and for those with ice chests.....drain their melted water, and re-pack with fresh ice Here at the Smiths across the bridge in Ft. Mohave from the Avi.......where everything costs a Lot less!!!!!!

Head out for the trail head @ 10:30 am. (in a perfect world!)

The trail head is right on the banks of the Colorado River!!! Pretty bitchin!!!!!

Lunch will be at Fort Paiute. Occupied as an Army post between 1867 to 1868.

Then....onwards to other sites, and to our eventual camping spot in Caruthers Canyon for Friday nights feast and festivities!!!

Communications: CB channel 38
2 meter (ham) frequency 146.550

Must haves for everyone: Portable toilet system (a requirement for my National Park Permit!!!)
Then, all of the camping equipment that one would normally have.
Tent, camp chairs, tables, BBQ and or stove, fire wood, WATER, WATER, WATER.....and also, WATER!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For those of us coming from Las Vegas..................

Meet @ Findlay Toyota

Friday morning March 30 2018

Meet at 8:30-8:45 am at Findlay Toyota.
Leave shortly there after for the Smiths in Fort Mohave and the Avi.
Arrive at the Smiths about 10:00 amish.

NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...

Last edited by my034runner; 02-21-2018 at 03:24 PM.
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote