View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
ookami
Rookie

Default Ookami's 2008 120 Prado

In the end of 2008 I originally setout to buy a new GU Nissan Patrol, but thought I better shop around and see what other makes had on offer. But in the midst of the GFC it would seem Toyota was willing to make better deals and we purchased a 120 Turbo Diesel Prado instead. As I already had a Petrol Nissan GQ Patrol sitting at home I thought an economical Diesel 4cyl IFS 4x4 would fill the gap perfectly. The Prado served as an awesome daily/basic tourer and stayed standard with the Patrol as a weekend toy.

One Day old and already dirty!

Parked with my GQ Nissan Patrol. I miss live Axle

One of the random trips to 5 Rocks Beach with the family while the vehicle was still stock.

Corio Bay with our makeshift awning!

Earlier in 2010 after selling my GQ Nissan Patrol I begun adding bits to the Prado.

First I lifted it with Tough Dog Adjustables - was originally going for ICON but Australian Dollar wasn't very strong at the time.

About 3 days later I fitted decent tyres in the form of 265/70R17 Mickey Thompsons ATZ

Next to get done was an ARB Roof Rack and Awning and ARB Air Compressor

The car stayed like this for about 6 months and served us quit well with plenty of trips to Local National Park/State Forest & 5 Rocks Beach with the Family

Then after 2 years of owning the vehicle, I finally ordered an ARB Deluxe Winchbar. Around this time the LSD started to slip and become quit annoying so I ordered an ARB rear Difflock. This would prove to take longer than expected as the bars were hard to get with the ARB Bar+Winch+Lights+Free Chainsaw deal increasing demand. As compensation for the wait the dealer offered to supply & fit a Brown Davis bash plate at a discounted rate - I couldn't refuse!

Old Bent & Torn OEM Bash Plate

New Brown Davis Bash Plate

ARB Deluxe Winch Bar

Still got plenty I want to buy for it yet!
Enjoy
ookami is offline   Reply With Quote