Thread: EdgeStar Fridge
View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #20
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaged110 View Post
the yellow top is not a true deep cycle battery.. it is a starting battery that can be discharged more than a regular battery. the blue top is designed to be discharged to a lower voltage and can be cycled to that lower voltage allot more. basically the blue top can go dead more often and recover better that a yellow top. it is all explained on the optima web site or at least it was..

What he said! Also, the warranty sucks crap!! My Yellow top went dead 1 year and a month or so. No warranty left!!

And that was at Costco!! And they take everything back!!! Not anymore, I got $10.00 trade in on it.

Both the Red and Blue Tops have 18 month warranties on them. I've never had any problems with my Red top, and I've had twice as long as the Yellow top.
The Blue kicks butt, no worries!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote