View Single Post
Unread 01-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

To explain the flow...

Return oil comes across the front of the radiator, from driver side to passenger side.

This pipe, that runs across the front, is actually a metal "cooling line" (dissipates heat to the air). I wanted to retain this. On the passenger side of this metal pipe it changes back to a rubber pipe and disappears downwards into engine bay and back up to the reservoir.

So I disconnected the rubber pipe where it normally disappears and then used the 180 degree hose to divert the fluid from the metal pipe, into the cooler. From the cooler I routed the supplied hose (in the kit) behind the headlight and around the reservoir and into the supply side (top, thin line).

At this stage I discovered the supplied hose had a marginally too small diameter so I will need to replace this hose with something a little larger.

Other notes:
Needed to cut the corner out of my winch solenoid box mount and move it across a few inches to get as much air across the cooler fins as possible. I was not worried about cutting down the mount as it's a VERY solid piece of steel.
04 V8 SE, F250 Solid Axles Swap, Marlin Crawl Case, FT Case swap, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper. Shrockworks F.Bumper