Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Technical write ups > Suspension

Closed Thread
Unread 06-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
bulldog
Admin

Ok here are my pics. First stock vs OME comparision. it is not that clear on the photos, but the OME stuff is way beefier than the stock shocks and coils. Especially in the rear.
Front struts:

Rear shocks

XREAS disconnection was another adventure. As per the service manual I drooped all 4 wheels hanging. Then I first did the rear suspension. After that I first removed the front struts from the suspension itself to make sure they are not compressed at all and then I disconnected the lines.

It worked out well as didn't loose any fluid in the rear at all and only like a single drop on the passenger side front and nothing on the driver side front. The disconnects have little vales so it should be safe to use as long as you follow instructions, The drop or two you might loose in inevitable as the coupling itself may have very small amount of fluid. But honestly that will not affect the system. They have to assemble it in a factory right?? Had people reuse shocks that were disconnected this way and it worked fine.

Also always use the biggest nut to turn to disconnect it is a 22mm nut. The engineers in Japan have a wicked sense of humor as it was a pain at points to disconnect. The rear was easy while the front was difficult. James had the opposite experience.

Rear disconnect

Front disconnect

Last edited by bulldog; 09-25-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Closed Thread