Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Outfitting

Unread 03-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #241
mntbikr18
Senior Driver

I dont imagine the roll on would come out very well at all...with all the nooks and crannies the rack will have.

Will poke around on google and try and find some pics.....tough is def important but it also needs to look good....rack costs to much to have it looking like some 2nd rate job.
mntbikr18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #242
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbikr18 View Post
Sent off my MO today so the wheels will finally get rolling

What I'm getting from Tim

-Rack
-6 mounts to go on factory cross bars (decided with a rack of this size I wanted to extra 2)
-High lift mount
-Tire mount
-Front and read light bars

Now the question of how to finish it.....I have to get some quotes from local powder coat places but Tim mentioned that a few customers had very good luck with spray on bed liner.

Anyone ever try this? Thinking I just suck it up, pay what I assume is a couple hundred, and get the powder coating....but these days I'm always up for saving a few bucks

Thoughts?

Right on Bro!!! Did Tim remember building my basket??
He better have.....
I brought mine back home and had it powder coated at Vegas powder coating for $85.00. I had it done in the "crinkle" or whatever they called it, surface.
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #243
mntbikr18
Senior Driver

Yep, he remembered....going a slightly diff route, not doing a mount to the roof, just to the factory bars....couple hundred cheaper and he didnt think he could recreate it without a car to use for fit.

If I can find powder coating that cheap Ill prob go that route...was thinking it was more like a few hundred in which case I may do the bed liner
mntbikr18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #244
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbikr18 View Post
Yep, he remembered....going a slightly diff route, not doing a mount to the roof, just to the factory bars....couple hundred cheaper and he didnt think he could recreate it without a car to use for fit.

If I can find powder coating that cheap Ill prob go that route...was thinking it was more like a few hundred in which case I may do the bed liner

Well??? Did you get it yet???? Pictures........
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
Unread 05-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #245
GregGimbert
Rookie

Thanks for all the work yall did to get this set up. Just bought a RTT tonight and need a flat rack to mount it. Hopefully his will still be strong enough without the raised rails around it. Emailed and waiting...
GregGimbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #246
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Time to revive an old thread!!

Well, after taking one Mojave Road trip already with my134Runner, I have already come to the conclusion, that I Hate this stupid Prinsu rack and don't want to deal with it anymore!! I also looked around at different alternatives, they're all expensive but very few offer the same build quality and sturdiness, and functionality of the Blackout Safari Rack on My 034Runner!!

Too many fabber's are making just flat racks then you need to buy a bunch of shlt to make them even functional, which I've already done with this stupid Prinsu rack!!
So they make a rack, and you have to Keep buying shlt After the fact......just to make it halfway functional?! What kind of stupid shlt way to design something that is supposed to be about function!!
I just want to put my stuff on the rack, throw a strap on it, and be done with it!!! The only accessory I should Ever need, is a Strap!!!! No stupid eye let bolts, extra floor boards, etc......A Strap!!!

You have to buy more floor boards, eyelet bolts, no place to mount a HiLift, etc...…
I suppose in terms of what these damn millennials want.....I get it, bleed their stupid asses dry with the max trax bolt on's, HiLift mount that lies Flat on the rail less rack, thus taking up tons of critical cargo space, flat 3 gal gas cans, etc.....all the stupid shlt.
The Only thing this rack is good for, is for a RTT, and that's It!! And it's perfect for that for sure, but I don't have a RTT, not getting one anytime soon either...…

So, I'm going to opt for functionality and have Tim build me a new one for My134Runner sometime soon, as I can imagine taking another long trip with the Prinsu!!

Anyway, I talked to Tim today, he remembers building my other rack and the one he did for a few other members here. So, I'll see what he can come up with and report back.

Sorry for the Long ass winded rant over this stupid ass Prinsu rack!! v

Last edited by my034runner; 10-21-2020 at 01:59 PM.