Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > General Tech > 4th Gen 4Runner & Hilux Surf

Unread 10-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
dagen
Rookie

Default Winch Solenoid Box - Shrockworks Bumper

Hey all,
I did a little searching and it's still not totally clear to me, so I am just going to ask. . .

This is my first 4x4 that I have purchased a bumper and a winch for. So I am having trouble figuring out how to mount my winch solenoid box. I guess that I am a little naive, but from viewing the winch websites, I always assumed that the solenoid mounted to the winch itself. Seems pretty funny now that I have my hands on one. But if you look at the picture you can kind of see what I mean.

So, now I understand that they don't mount to the winch motor. . .

My question is for those of you with the shrockworks bumper, does the solenoid box mount to the bar that is behind the winch mounting area? I took some photos of it just sort of place on there. I guess if that is the spot then I need to drill some holes and I'm all good to go, right? To help orient what you're looking at, my bumper is face down on a few boxes to help facilitate mounting the winch.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer me. Can't wait to get this bumper on once it's not raining any more. . .

Winch by itself:

Solenoid mocked up on that bar:
Unread 10-30-2016, 11:20 PM   #2
bulldog
Admin

See if you can fond old threads discussing this, I don't recall any more but there is a mounting spot on the bumper for the solenoid box. On the passenger side.

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote