Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition reporting

Unread 03-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #21
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97kurt View Post
If you can find a good HAM channel/repeater/IRLP node in that area then let me know. I've done CVs on 4th gen before and I can walk you through it. I just hope one of you have a socket big enough to get hub nut off.

My cell is: 702-510-7607

Save your broken diff support.

Joyce has a 35mm socket, as she has had to do this to her truck before, as well as Ed's truck. She carries an extra CV, but it will not fit the 4th gen.
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #22
Chris Tacoma
Driver

I hope it all works out for everyone Is there any way I can help ? Robert or Andries , is there anyway I can send some money or something to help out ?

Last edited by Chris Tacoma; 03-26-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: added text
Chris Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #23
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tacoma View Post
I hope it all works out for everyone Is there any way I can help ? Robert or Andries , is there anyway I can send some money or something to help out ?

Nah Chris, we should be okay! Thanks!!
Mark has Joyce as his "Wing Girl"!!!!! And JohnD and Lily, shouldn't be too much of a deal, as long as they don't rely on the Hi-Lift to support the truck as they're working on it.

The biggest thing is getting the necessary parts to them. If we had someone up there already, and they had the proper parts, it's one thing, or if he was alone, but he's not.
Most Toyota stores and auto parts stores don't even stock these parts, rather order them overnight or two day from Toyota when needed.
So, even if there was a Toyota store there, they wouldn't have the parts anyway!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #24
Roams001
No IFS

Wow! First, Mark had to pummel some punks for stealing his gas cans and now this!
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #25
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roams001 View Post
Wow! First, Mark had to pummel some punks for stealing his gas cans and now this!

No sh*t??!! Someone stole his gas cans?? That really blows! He didn't mention that part!!

Well, that's why they call it off road adventures!!!
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #26
bulldog
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
Nah Chris, we should be okay! Thanks!!
Mark has Joyce as his "Wing Girl"!!!!! And JohnD and Lily, shouldn't be too much of a deal, as long as they don't rely on the Hi-Lift to support the truck as they're working on it.

The biggest thing is getting the necessary parts to them. If we had someone up there already, and they had the proper parts, it's one thing, or if he was alone, but he's not.
Most Toyota stores and auto parts stores don't even stock these parts, rather order them overnight or two day from Toyota when needed.
So, even if there was a Toyota store there, they wouldn't have the parts anyway!!
This morning when I shipped the CV axle, seals and clips out the Fedex guy told me it would get there before lunch on Thursday. Let's see if your parts can beat mine in the race Robert

Robert don't forget to make sure the parts get shipped overnight and for quick delivery

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #27
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
This morning when I shipped the CV axle, seals and clips out the FedEx guy told me it would get there before lunch on Thursday. Let's see if your parts can beat mine in the race Robert

Robert don't forget to make sure the parts get shipped overnight and for quick delivery

Man, UPS is like $70.00 to ship overnight!!!

So, we're sending it DHL @ half the price, and it will get there sooner than UPS!!

Should be around Noon!!

Waybill or Tracking # 26539678255
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #28
Jared
Driver

So you guys found an address to ship to?

If so, I'll update the threads in the FJ forum. Most folks contacted me saying if it was the weekend they could help out, but most are stuck at work and couldn't get out there from SLC.
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #29
Roams001
No IFS

Here's all of us on our end and their beginning of White Rim...

As we were all standing there, John's dog decides to jump from the passenger seat on to the dashboard...all we heard was a THWAP and then see a tail and feet tumbling back on to the seat. I was like, "John...I think your dog just knocked himself out."

Oh...and Mark got the cans back...ninja style.
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #30
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
So you guys found an address to ship to?

If so, I'll update the threads in the FJ forum. Most folks contacted me saying if it was the weekend they could help out, but most are stuck at work and couldn't get out there from SLC.

Yeah Jared. We are sending them to Moab 4x4 Outpost! They were nice enough to allow us their address for shipping.
Thanks for cross posting!!

But, if anyone wants to up and help them install the parts tomorrow, tell them to go a head and go!!
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #31
bulldog
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post

Man, UPS is like $70.00 to ship overnight!!!

So, we're sending it DHL @ half the price, and it will get there sooner than UPS!!

Should be around Noon!!

Waybill or Tracking # 26539678255
Trust me the CV axle from CA was much more than that. UPS and Fedex both cost the same. Fedex said it will be there by lunch though. DHL could only give me Friday. Damn box was like 24lbs, which get sexpensive to ship.

Jared thx for the help. Yes Joyce found a shop where we could ship too. SO we hope they get the stuff and know what to do with it

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #32
bulldog
Admin

Quote:
Here's all of us on our end and their beginning of White Rim...

As we were all standing there, John's dog decides to jump from the passenger seat on to the dashboard...all we heard was a THWAP and then see a tail and feet tumbling back on to the seat. I was like, "John...I think your dog just knocked himself out."

Oh...and Mark got the cans back...ninja style.
Nice pic, can we see more??

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #33
97kurt
Administrator

Youch....

http://toyota120.com/forum/showpost....2&postcount=29

Anyways, my034runner is sending me his busted bracket and I am gonna see if I can make a bolt on reinforcement. Hopefully Expat can post a pic of where the break occurred.
97kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #34
Dealmaker
Senior Driver

Dang! I can't wait to hear that story!

Quote:
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #35
AlexJet
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97kurt View Post
Youch....

http://toyota120.com/forum/showpost....2&postcount=29

Anyways, my034runner is sending me his busted bracket and I am gonna see if I can make a bolt on reinforcement. Hopefully Expat can post a pic of where the break occurred.
Very interested in that bracket as well. I'm thinking of working on mine, so if it breaks, I want to see where.... Post up some pictures.
'09 Custom Expedition Trailer --- 35"
AlexJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #36
bulldog
Admin

Mark is off the mountain and back at camp again

They got the cv axle at 1:40 and had it installed by 3PM. They managed to get the diff bracket welded for a temp job to drive him back to camp and it will probably hold up for a bit to get him home if needs be. Hopefully DHL get their act together and get the bracket there early tomorrow.

Thx for everyone's support, even if it is just moral support or spreading the word to get help. I'm sure Mark, Joyce, John and Lilly will give us all the details when they get back, and lots of cool pix.

I think it is going to be easier to rename this thread and they can start a new one with the trip report.

BTW: Fedex >>>>> DHL for quick shipment

03 pavement princess
06 toaster

Last edited by bulldog; 03-27-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #37
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Big huge mistake sending the parts with F'in DHL!!!!!!!
These guys are the absolute worst!!!!

It was supposed to be a Thursday by noon, but they sent it to California hub instead!!!

Now it won't be there until tomorrow!!

So, No one ever use DHL again..........Ever!!!!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #38
Joel
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Mark is off the mountain and back at camp again
Great news!

2004 Limited 4WD V8
Mods.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #39
Vegas Runner
Super Moderator

Super News! Fast install they must have already pulled the old one and were just waiting for the new part.
Donahoes, OME 895/N142S, Conferr Rack, Hanna Sliders, Cobra 75WX CB, ARB Air, Dual Batts (24v/12v), Shrockworks Bumper, PIAA 510s & 520s, Rear Floodlights, Oil Filter Relo & Fumoto Valve, BumBuilt Skids, ATG620 Laptop & Docking Station, Kenwood D710A w/ APRS, GPS60, MM 12,000lb Hydraulic Winch, Capstan Winch, Power Steering Cooler & Filter, 1/2" RogerBrown Bodylift
Ed-KE7MWY
Vegas Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #40
bulldog
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Runner View Post
Super News! Fast install they must have already pulled the old one and were just waiting for the new part.
Yep Joyce pulled the goods in the morning so just needed to slap in the axle and mended bracket.

03 pavement princess
06 toaster