Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Classifieds > Vendor and Member Feedback

Unread 12-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Darklight
Old Timer

Default Radflo Suspension customer service

I just wanted to give a shout out to Radflo for taking care of me. I recently had an issue with my drivers side coilover. While adjusting my drivers side coilover 2 turns I heard a pssss sound and saw a rubber looking bubble popping out of the tophat/shock body with a little oil coming out.
I do not understand how this happened as I followed all of the correct steps while adjusting these. Lift vehicle off ground, release the lock ring and adjust using a spanner wrench. Anyway being an OW customer and living on the East Coast in Charlotte,NC I had to send my coilover out to Radflo in Cali. They fixed it the same day and had it shipped back out the same day! While it was there I spoke on the phone with Mike Crosby several times getting progress updates. Upon dissasemble they found one small area of corrosion that they cleaned up. It seemed the shock body moved out of the tophat causing the seal to brake loose. The only time they saw something like this happen is when someone does not released the lockring before adjusting. I know I have released the lockring and I have adjusted these before with no issue.
They fixed, cleaned, recharged, double checked everything and sent it back to me for free. I paid the overnite shipping to get it there. Overall I am very pleased that they fixed my coilover for me! Only thing I would of liked more is if they had an East Coast location.

Bobby
Charlotte,NC
2008 Black 4X4Runner SR5 V6, Total Chaos Race series 2" plus kit, King 700 lbs LT coilovers & MetalTech stage 5 LT rear, 315/75R16 KM2, Strike 6 16x8.5 -6 wheels , Demello offroad 3 hoop, 4X4Labs rear, ATO, RCI ,BudBuilt, Stubbs sliders, 4Crawler B/L 3/4", DynoMax , K&N , Speski barrier, sPOD, ARB CKM12, ARB locker front/rear 4.56 gears WMW roof rack
Darklight's Build
Darklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
gaterose
Driver

That's good to hear, I have wondered how well they would handle any issues that may arise with mine since I went through OW. Good to see they made sure things went quickly and smoothly.
Unread 03-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Teotwaki
Adventurer

Thanks for the vendor feedback! I too have OWs and not had any issues but wondered how good Radflo might be if I did need help.
HQ sliders, OW Suspension, LT265/75/R16C Duratracs, rear diff. breather, ScanGauge II, Garmin 276C, Engel 45 fridge, All-Pro LCAs, TC A-Arm Skids, dual batteries, Downey skid plate, Cyclone pre-filter, ARB Compressor & Rear Locker!! Offroad Trailer
Photos http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1237
Teotwaki is offline   Reply With Quote