Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning

Unread 02-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #21
manny_est
Rookie

Michele and I are most likely going. I'll also be starting a new job around that time which is why I say most likely. But, I will more than likely be able to get the time off.
manny_est is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #22
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_est View Post
Michele and I are most likely going. I'll also be starting a new job around that time which is why I say most likely. But, I will more than likely be able to get the time off.

Good job to give you the first three days off!! No worries, just let me know.

And where the hell is everyone on our site gone to? WTF people?! The best trip, the Best weather........and wide open spaces!!! What more do you all need?!?!
Oh.....And, Two (2) months early posting?!

I'm trying to keep it to our members, not trying to open it up to FB clubs and whatnot.
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #23
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Also, The Kal State Parks has Finally, after Seven (7) years of being shut down.......has re-opened Mitchell Caverns http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=615!! Many of you may remember years ago, I arranged a guided tour of the caverns on one of our trips......and it was a huge success!!! I may be a little tougher now, as they Only take reservations for the tours........and they're apparently book up for the next few months, but they told me to check back every Monday (The Only day they take bookings) and check for any potential cancelations.
So, if anyone else is going..........If I can get A RESERVATION, does anyone want to go? They do charge, I think it's either $10.00 a head, or it could be per car.......but either way, you'd be expected to bring your own form of payment.......and they may even be able to take bank cards there now........but a lot depends on the weather and if they can get a signal, so bring cash.

I'll post up if that happens......for whomever may be going.

I also posted this same post on Post #2.
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...

Last edited by my034runner; 02-21-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Unread 02-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #24
Ludedude
Super Moderator

I remember that trip. Mitchell Caverns is awesome.
Gone but not forgotten
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #25
fuel80
Rookie

Robert put me down as a maybe. I’m going to check my leave calendar at work. I’ve been dying to do this trail

2007 FJ Cruiser icons, 296,000 current miles
fuel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #26
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludedude View Post
I remember that trip. Mitchell Caverns is awesome.
Awesome place!! Don't get you all's hopes up yet........we would still need a cancelation for that Easter to get us a spot for a tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel80 View Post
Robert put me down as a maybe. Iím going to check my leave calendar at work. Iíve been dying to do this trail
Who's this, Mark?! Dude.......where've you been? Been trying to get you out for years!
I hope you do make it, I am one of the best (other than the guy who wrote the book or who maintains the trail) in guiding people across this beautiful Mojave Preserve!!
But, unlike anyone else that usually only guide you from point A to point B..........we see a few more letters in the Alphabet!!
Unread 02-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #27
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

LIST OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN AND ADVENTURE ON A BEAUTIFUL EASTER WEEKEND!!!!!

!: Robert and Cleo (dog)
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:

Don't be shy!!!! Copy and past this exclusive list, and add Your own info.......including passenger count, I kind of need to keep an eye on how many do go. At or above seven (7) trucks, and fourteen (14) people, I have to apply for a National Park special use permit!
Thanks

Last edited by my034runner; 02-23-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Unread 02-23-2018, 10:37 PM   #28
fuel80
Rookie

I’ve been super busy with military and new job!

2007 FJ Cruiser icons, 296,000 current miles
fuel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #29
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Looks like I'll have to cross post this with other boards. This is always the bigger trip of the two, surprised it's so weak here now. Thought you all were my peeps!!
Well, I'm going........so there!
Unread 02-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #30
mikey
Tip Toe over the rock...

People just don't check this forum anymore. I know I barely do. Think that is why you are not getting the response.
Unread 02-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #31
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
People just don't check this forum anymore. I know I barely do. Think that is why you are not getting the response.

That's bullslit though!! We have created the Best forum of it's kind anywhere on the web.......and with the best membership! It seems a shame......people with their unsocial media garbage!
I'm old, like more old school ways! This forum was a huge advancement for me!
Anyway, I digress!! Lets go have a great time!
Unread 02-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #32
05sport4x4
Senior Driver

Robert still not sure if we can make it. Adam only works on the weekends and has taken a number of days off for school field trips. Not sure If I want to make the trip solo. I may ask a different friend if he is interested.
It would be nice for a few of the old timers to come out but there is not much action on this forum right now. I'm not one to speak since I don't post up that much either.

05 4Runner Sport V6 - Goodyear SA 275/70/17, Donahoe Adj C/O', Custom rear colis, Radflo rear shocks, Hanna sliders
89 Extra Cab 4x4 Pickup, 22re, 31x10.5 w/4.56's & ARB in rear
05sport4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #33
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sport4x4 View Post
Robert still not sure if we can make it. Adam only works on the weekends and has taken a number of days off for school field trips. Not sure If I want to make the trip solo. I may ask a different friend if he is interested.
It would be nice for a few of the old timers to come out but there is not much action on this forum right now. I'm not one to speak since I don't post up that much either.

Yeah, you all......or you, need to finish what we started last year!! Solo, dog, kid, buddy........it's all good! Maybe we can get an Easter Mojave stripper fund together, and have a good ol' time!!! LOL!!! Maybe a go fund me or something!!
Unread 03-06-2018, 09:02 PM   #34
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Well, I'm pretty confused as to why, other than the people I know are going to let me know soon, that the #1 of the two yearly trips hasn't produced any other participants.......other than Cleo and I.
I don't really want to open everything up to FB groups, but maybe. Maybe I just don't understand the whole Fb thing, as I'm old........but this forum, and the people on it, would be hard pressed to find something better.
And saying that, I still don't have my new front gears in yet.....hopefully in the next week or so!
Then I'm good to go, complete with a brand new Kenwood 281a, and no one to talk to!! LOL!!!!
Unread 03-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #35
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

LIST OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN AND ADVENTURE ON A BEAUTIFUL EASTER WEEKEND!!!!! Which may or may not include a swing into Death Valley now.........

!: Robert and Cleo (dog)
2: Paul
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:

Don't be shy!!!! Copy and paste this exclusive list, and add Your own info.......including passenger count

Last edited by my034runner; 03-27-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 03-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #36
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

I'm pretty shocked and sad that the trip that always has the most people go, doesn't have anyone going.
Whatever.............I'm going, Paul said he's going, not sure what everyone else is doing...........
Unread 03-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #37
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

https://www.nationalparks.org/explor...ional-preserve

Mojave Information

Mojave National Preserve is nature's playground. It features canyons and mountains, former military mines and outposts and opportunities to explore year-round.

Rose-colored sand dunes, volcanic cinder cones, Joshua tree forests, and carpets of wildflowers are all found at this 1.6 million acre park. A visit to its canyons, mountains and mesas will reveal long-abandoned mines, homesteads, and rock-walled military outposts. Located between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, Mojave provides serenity and solitude from the crowds of major metropolitan areas.

Mojave Desert experiences change with the seasons. Infrequent winter snows sparkle on the mountains. With enough moisture, spring wildflowers carpet the desert with vivid colors. Summers are hot, so adventurers head for the higher elevations such as Mid-Hills and the New York Mountains. The cooler temperatures of fall mark hunting season. A network of dirt roads provides year round opportunities to explore by four-wheel drive vehicle.

Plant and animal life varies by elevation. Desert tortoises burrow in creosote bush flats, while the black and yellow Scotts oriole nests in Joshua trees higher up the slopes. Mule deer and bighorn sheep roam among pinyon pine and juniper in the parks many mountain ranges.
Unread 03-27-2018, 09:57 AM   #38
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Well, can't say how disappointed I am not just that on the best trip of the year no one but a couple of us are going, but over all that the Best and #1 site for us is being abandoned for what, stupid ass facbook?! Give me a damn break!!!
When has that company EVER gone out of their way to provide All of us the Content that Andries has provided us with here!!
I'm actually beyond disappointed!!
Again, I've been providing this trip for you all for 13 years, I get it, a lot of you are, been there done that type of people, and that's okay. But for all of the folks that have never been, and there are a lot, for them to all disappear, baffles the hell out of me. Maybe now that facbook is finally being seen for the crap that it is, and people are trying to leave IN DROVES, and stock price has TANKED........folks will come back here as well as TTORA.

Okay, enough of that shlt!!

You all know how to get a hold of me. And for those couple of lucky people who Do show up and participate, I paid the sun god extra $$$ to provide us with pretty much the Perfect Easter weekend weather!!! Highs in the 80's...no rain and the wind is supposed to finally die down!!!
So........Who's your Daddy now!!!! : poke:
Unread 03-27-2018, 07:34 PM   #39
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Well, only a couple of days left, and this is the most baffling Easter trip yet! So, Paul and I may just go to his favorite place, Death Valley. I'll go back out and do part of the Mojave Road maybe in a couple of weeks, before it gets too hot.

That is, unless a couple stragglers post up.
Unread 03-29-2018, 03:49 PM   #40
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Seeing that no one is alive anymore, we're going to go somewhere on Easter that I've never been to on Easter........Death Valley! Only thing, is I won't be trail leader, as I won't know where I'm going out there! But Paul does!! So, something new.......but I'm pretty sure I'll still end up out in the Mojave on Easter Sunday, even if it's just for a little while!