Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Gallery > Gallery

Unread 11-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

Default Nascar ride-a-long @ Fontana Speedway

I was given a xmas present in 2008 for a 3-lap ride along with an instructor through the Richard Petty driving school. The school only happens two weekends a year, and I missed both in 2009 and the first one this year, but I finally made it out there and had a blast.

They estimated that we were going over 170 on the back straight, which is the fastest I've ever been on 4 wheels. I've never been a fan of Nascar, but I have a whole new appreciation for "just turning left" now after sitting shotgun. Prior I was thinking how much more fun it would be to actually drive, but after riding there I realized it would take years of practice to get the skills to be able to handle the car at those speeds, even with the banked turns and what not. Diving into a turn at 170+ is a rush! Great stuff, and I'd recommend it to everyone.

The other thing that was pretty cool was getting to drive out to the pits, and I mean right to the pits! I took the opportunity to snap some photos of the 'stang.

Here's the tunnel beneath turn 4 that brought me into the in field.

more picts, mostly of the mustang, here
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 Goodyear ATA on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
07 Elephant

Very cool.
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
riceandpho
Driver

thats cool, shotgun in nascar, lucky, last month we had the fedex nascar at work, i work at the fedex oakland hub , its nice but i couldnt really look at it, had to go to work tho, sucks for me that they parked at the entrance all day and i couldnt even look at wats inside the car and the truck transporter. can it go faster than 170?