Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Outfitting

Unread 07-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
loose_electron
Driver

Default Metal Tech Seat Brackets/PRP Seat Install

Metal Tech Seat Brackets/PRP Seat Install

A few months ago I was talking with LT, one of the co-owners from Metal Tech about a couple different mods. Seems to me we were discussing products that his company had developed for the FJC and what might fit the 4th Gen 4Runner.

The conversation turned towards the MT seat brackets designed to mount the PRP brand seats in an FJC and may fit the T4R. After several careful measurements and a few pictures sent to LT for seat slider verification we came to the conclusion that this just might work. Sign me up!

Link for seat brackets-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-498-fj...et-system.aspx

Additionally I ordered the Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) bypass module in order to turn the passenger Airbag on or off, but during install we learned it was not needed for the 2004 install. Newer year models might require this bypass module. This part was returned and credited without a hassle.

Link for OCS-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-604-oc...-resister.aspx

I spent the next hour looking at seat designs, options available and seat materials and colors. I quickly placed my order and agreed to be the guinea pig.
Here is the model I choose for my 2004 Sport with optional lumber support and rear seat pockets.

Link for PRP Seats-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-513-enduro.aspx

Here is the final picture. During the following posts I will retrace my steps and describe how I got to this point by describing the ease at which the products went together and what I ran into during assembly.

'04 Sport V8 4x4, 265/70/17 BFG MT KM2 E, HD Series TR beadlocks 17x8.5 +4" bs, NO Swaybars, TC+2 Long Travel, Spindel Gussets, Upper Coil Tower Gussets, LCA Cam Tabs, ICON frt CO 650lb springs w/resi, ICON Bypass w/Resi. Metal Tech(MT) LT Progressive Spring, MT specs-ICON developed LT shock-2.5 rear w/resi. Rear ARB, sPod, Shrockworks Skids http://www.toyota120.com/forum/album.php?u=47863

Last edited by loose_electron; 07-16-2013 at 05:07 AM.
loose_electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
norseman
Driver

what up w/ your interior? Did you rip out all the carpet and put bedliner in there?
'08 ltd v6 4x4|mica gray|1.25" spidertrax|285/65r18 toyo at II | fuel trophy wheels|1.5" 4crawler bl|body mount chop|icon billet uca|2.5 radflo front coilovers + rear shocks|all pro 3.5 rear coils|mt rear links|ss brake lines|dual odyssey w/ ibs|led in/exterior lights|hella supertones|demello front bumper|viair oba|weathertech liners. Das bauen
norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
loose_electron
Driver

Yes, when I bought the vehicle in 2007 I pulled all the interior and drove to the local Spray on liner shop and pulled the remaining driver seat. They sprayed from front to the rear hatch and about six inches up the sides whih is hidden behind the plastic trim.

Not shown in the picture but I normally have the floor mats installed.

The lining has held up well over the years, no bare spots or tears in the lining.

There are additional floor pictures here...
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/album.php?albumid=167
'04 Sport V8 4x4, 265/70/17 BFG MT KM2 E, HD Series TR beadlocks 17x8.5 +4" bs, NO Swaybars, TC+2 Long Travel, Spindel Gussets, Upper Coil Tower Gussets, LCA Cam Tabs, ICON frt CO 650lb springs w/resi, ICON Bypass w/Resi. Metal Tech(MT) LT Progressive Spring, MT specs-ICON developed LT shock-2.5 rear w/resi. Rear ARB, sPod, Shrockworks Skids http://www.toyota120.com/forum/album.php?u=47863

Last edited by loose_electron; 07-18-2013 at 05:28 AM.
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

That's cool, seating options are nice. Good work! You should paint those plastic bolt covers black so they match the new brackets.
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 Goodyear ATA on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
java230
Old Timer

Those look really nice. How much of a difference do the suspension seats make on rough roads?
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
Ryanmb21
Some Guy

Very cool that you did something new and found something that works for you. But man - it looks hideous.
Ryanmb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
Wishbone
Senior Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanmb21 View Post
Very cool that you did something new and found something that works for you. But man - it looks hideous.
Really?

I think it looks awesome, and again props for thinking outside the box!

Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

Very cool mod on the seats you did there. In retrospect before I install leather in my truck a wish I would have replaced the front seats with a bajastyle seat
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #9
loose_electron
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestang View Post
That's cool, seating options are nice. Good work! You should paint those plastic bolt covers black so they match the new brackets.
I've thought about it for awhile, just never got around to doing it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by java230 View Post
Those look really nice. How much of a difference do the suspension seats make on rough roads?
I would recommend it over stock seats, ask for a test ride if you know someone that has a pair of any brand suspension seats. Years ago I had the opportunity to be a participant as a co-driver in the 2000 National Rockcrawling Championship. The event was held at Montrose, CO that year and although we didn't make the final cut what stuck with me is the fabulous Beard suspension seats my friend had in his FJ40. During the drive back to our hotel each night I was amazed at how comfortable I was and didn't feel all beat up or fatigued. I knew one day that is a mod for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanmb21 View Post
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
Really?
Thank you, I'm constantly looking for new products to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
Very cool mod on the seats you did there. In retrospect before I install leather in my truck a wish I would have replaced the front seats with a bajastyle seat
Thank you Josh
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
GloryBigs
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
Really?

Ditto
07' DC 4x4 TRD Taco - Locked F&R w/4.88 - TC UCA's - IconET2.5 CO's 14"/700lb - AllPro Expo Leafs - King 2.5 12" IBP - LR Jounce Stops F&R - 295/70-17 Toyo M/T - AllPro / Relentless armor - Warn M8000 w/3/8" Technora - Piaa 510 Fogs - Hella 4000FF w/55w HID - Icom 208H - Midland 1001Z/Little Wil - PAP112/SA315P - 2 EGHST1P - ARB CKMTA12 & 1gal - Blue Sea - DH G31/G34 PM-1 Platinum - OTRATTW - Co2.
GloryBigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #11
shallcallhimtim
Driver

I know this is a super old thread, but would you happen to have any pictures of how you modified the brackets? Im wanting to install some prp seats in mine and metal tech said that there was no way to modify them to work. Seeing that you did it, I know it can be done.
shallcallhimtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #12
Darklight
Old Timer

Those PRP suspension seats would be sweet! Looks like MT has brackets that adapt to the 4th gen for a different seat these https://www.metaltech4x4.com/scheel-...rtline-f-seat/ .

Not sure why they don't have one fro the PRP. I'm sure they could be adapted or modified to work with PRP though. PRP look to be around $700 a pop
2008 Black 4X4Runner SR5 V6, Total Chaos Race series 2" plus kit, King 700 lbs LT coilovers & MetalTech stage 5 LT rear, 315/75R16 KM2, Strike 6 16x8.5 -6 wheels , Demello offroad 3 hoop, 4X4Labs rear, ATO, RCI ,BudBuilt, Stubbs sliders, 4Crawler B/L 3/4", DynoMax , K&N , Speski barrier, sPOD, ARB CKM12, ARB locker front/rear 4.56 gears WMW roof rack
Darklight's Build
Darklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #13
Darklight
Old Timer

What configuration did you choose for the PRP seating? Looks like they offer Vinyl or Vinyl with suede insert. Heated option too. How are these holding up over the years? Been about 5 years now. Any more details on the frame install to the factory location would be great.

Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
Metal Tech Seat Brackets/PRP Seat Install

A few months ago I was talking with LT, one of the co-owners from Metal Tech about a couple different mods. Seems to me we were discussing products that his company had developed for the FJC and what might fit the 4th Gen 4Runner.

The conversation turned towards the MT seat brackets designed to mount the PRP brand seats in an FJC and may fit the T4R. After several careful measurements and a few pictures sent to LT for seat slider verification we came to the conclusion that this just might work. Sign me up!

Link for seat brackets-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-498-fj...et-system.aspx

Additionally I ordered the Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) bypass module in order to turn the passenger Airbag on or off, but during install we learned it was not needed for the 2004 install. Newer year models might require this bypass module. This part was returned and credited without a hassle.

Link for OCS-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-604-oc...-resister.aspx

I spent the next hour looking at seat designs, options available and seat materials and colors. I quickly placed my order and agreed to be the guinea pig.
Here is the model I choose for my 2004 Sport with optional lumber support and rear seat pockets.

Link for PRP Seats-
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-513-enduro.aspx

Here is the final picture. During the following posts I will retrace my steps and describe how I got to this point by describing the ease at which the products went together and what I ran into during assembly.

2008 Black 4X4Runner SR5 V6, Total Chaos Race series 2" plus kit, King 700 lbs LT coilovers & MetalTech stage 5 LT rear, 315/75R16 KM2, Strike 6 16x8.5 -6 wheels , Demello offroad 3 hoop, 4X4Labs rear, ATO, RCI ,BudBuilt, Stubbs sliders, 4Crawler B/L 3/4", DynoMax , K&N , Speski barrier, sPOD, ARB CKM12, ARB locker front/rear 4.56 gears WMW roof rack
Darklight's Build
Unread 01-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #14
shallcallhimtim
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklight View Post
What configuration did you choose for the PRP seating? Looks like they offer Vinyl or Vinyl with suede insert. Heated option too. How are these holding up over the years? Been about 5 years now. Any more details on the frame install to the factory location would be great.

Bobby
Bobby,

Im trying to find a donor 4th gen seat and Im going to start designing something. Id love to keep the seat slide and leave the height where it is. Most of the brackets add about an inch in seat height which I dont want.

If you see any old seats let me know!!
shallcallhimtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #15
Darklight
Old Timer

I would want a lower seat as well not add an inch! Talked to our friends at Metal Tech and looks like they are going to look into a bracket fro the 4th gen to work with the PRP Daily and/or Enduro suspension seats. Not sure how long but lets bug them in a week or so. haha!
Darklight's Build