Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning

Unread 09-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #21
kdubz
Driver

After my attempts to be prepared for the Mojave trip I didnt even pack a jacket or a long sleeve shirt! Good thing we had a full bar to keep me warm.

2005 SR5 4X4. Over 215,000 Miles. Original Owner. Icon Suspension.
kdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #22
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

I forgot my full sized shovel and my pillow.
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 Goodyear ATA on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #23
jacal
Driver

Generally speaking, I would suggest keeping the beers on ice until everyone is parked for the evening. Some off-roading requires considerable focus, especially as a newbie.

J
03 v6 LTD; OW 2.0 w/ 265/70/r17 Duratrac; DICE Mediabridge 1500; Stubbs Sliders; block heater plug Mod; RUD Grip4x4; yak x-bars; safari RR; hitch cargo basket; roof cargo basket; hydrocarbon/key reminder delete; SW & warn 8K; lexus gx drivers seat; LR UCA
jacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #24
kdubz
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal
Generally speaking, I would suggest keeping the beers on ice until everyone is parked for the evening. Some off-roading requires considerable focus, especially as a newbie.

J
If you are referring to me. It did not get cold in the Mojave until after dark when we were all parked up and had our camps set up. And yes I agree with you about not drinking and driving especially as a newbie and that is why I didnt have any beers until after we were done driving for the day.

2005 SR5 4X4. Over 215,000 Miles. Original Owner. Icon Suspension.
kdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #25
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

I think that he forgot to look at the part where you said that we had a "full Bar" That would denote that we were camped, because you aren't going to be rolling with a full bar!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #26
jacal
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubz
If you are referring to me. It did not get cold in the Mojave until after dark when we were all parked up and had our camps set up. And yes I agree with you about not drinking and driving especially as a newbie and that is why I didnt have any beers until after we were done driving for the day.

Not referring to anyone. Just my tip of the day. On the last trip I went on, the groups previous trip in the same area had 1 rollover, and it might have been partially due to the beverage choice of the driver.

J
03 v6 LTD; OW 2.0 w/ 265/70/r17 Duratrac; DICE Mediabridge 1500; Stubbs Sliders; block heater plug Mod; RUD Grip4x4; yak x-bars; safari RR; hitch cargo basket; roof cargo basket; hydrocarbon/key reminder delete; SW & warn 8K; lexus gx drivers seat; LR UCA
jacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #27
bulldog
Admin

I understand the concern about drinking and driving while wheeling. The easiest rule is to apply the same alcohol limits to offroading as what is applied on the highway i.e. a beer or 2 during the day is fine. Just don't drink any more. People that go over the limit should not be surprised if their keys get taken during the day. Save the partying for the campsite.

Responsible wheelers, don't mess up the surroundings and environment. Pack out what they pack in. Leave the place better than what they found it. You will also find that they are not the folks who wheel under the influence, even if they have one or 2 beers durign the day.

The problem lies with irresponsible wheelers, who tend to drink more than they can handle and make a mess of everything. I can't even recall how many Budweiser cans I have picked up on the trail and by campsites. Reason 1 why I don't drink Budweiser.

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #28
Teampez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal View Post

J
i agree, as with all our runs, NO alcohol is allowed on OR before a run, PERIOD. if we see anyone drinking and driving (trail or street) we will ask to dump it out, drinking and wheeling, creates a bad image of our sport.
If they refuse, we will call the police, period. they will never be asked to join us again. now once at camp (or home) knock yourself out
Teampez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #29
BULLET
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutRunner View Post
Gonna have to disagree with this one,

Not a big fan of anyone pissing in the water. You never know whose downstream from you (It might even be YOU later in the trip) and you just polluted a water source instead of polluting one small patch of dirt. I know urine is considered mostly sterile but, in all my years as a scout and then as an avid backpacker (even did the Colorado Trail) I have never heard this as a good idea. I remember something like 200 ft from a water source as the minimum for letting your bodily functions go.

Firm believer in "pack it in, you pack it out" and leave it better than you found it.

TR

Edit - I just found this at NOLS: http://www.nols.edu/wmi/articles/archive/hygiene.shtml
Thanks for the NOLS reference. Bullet
BULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #30
Chrisx
Driver

My 2, #1 on the rocks/dirt as far from any water as possible. #2 bury 12" minimum or take out with you, TP burn it then bury.
Chrisx is offline   Reply With Quote