Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning

Unread 01-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #1
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Exclamation 13th Annual Easter Mojave Road Trip!!

Alright people.......it's about time to plan for our 13th Annual NVTTORA Easter Mojave Road trip!!!

For some reason, I'm posting this up earlier........maybe so my old ass doesn't forget to post it up in a reasonable time in relation to the actual dates like I have the last couple trips!
Also, I'm sure it will benefit folks having more time to plan.

This Easter falls on April 1 2018!!!.......so, our trip will be on Friday March 30 to Easter Sunday, April 1 2018!!!!
We will be going from East to West...in other word.....following the Mojave Road from start to finish!!! :driving:

I'll add more info as we go along here..... Add these dates to your calender!!!! :cool:

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We will meet at the Smiths Food King in Fort Mohave, AZ......just across the bridge from the Avi hotel outside of Laughlin, NV.

Those of you coming from SoCal or NorCal might want to get a room at the Avi Hotel for Thursday night.....VS driving all night and then again all day!!
Rooms are cheap, and you can get a good inexpensive dinner and breakfast as well........and a hot shower!!!!

Meet date, place and time:
Friday March 30 2018
around 10:00 am.
@ the Smiths Food King in Fort Mohave, AZ......just across the bridge from the Avi hotel gas station and Mini Mart

We can top off our gas tank, and for those with ice chests.....drain their melted water, and re-pack with fresh ice Here at the Smiths across the bridge in Ft. Mohave from the Avi.......where everything costs a Lot less!!!!!!

Head out for the trail head @ 10:30 am. (in a perfect world!)

The trail head is right on the banks of the Colorado River!!! Pretty bitchin!!!!!

Lunch will be at Fort Paiute. Occupied as an Army post between 1867 to 1868.

Then....onwards to other sites, and to our eventual camping spot in Caruthers Canyon for Friday nights feast and festivities!!!

Communications: CB channel 38
2 meter (ham) frequency 146.550

Must haves for everyone: Portable toilet system (a requirement for my National Park Permit!!!)
Then, all of the camping equipment that one would normally have.
Tent, camp chairs, tables, BBQ and or stove, fire wood, WATER, WATER, WATER.....and also, WATER!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For those of us coming from Las Vegas..................

Meet @ Findlay Toyota

Friday morning March 30 2018

Meet at 8:30-8:45 am at Findlay Toyota.
Leave shortly there after for the Smiths in Fort Mohave and the Avi.
Arrive at the Smiths about 10:00 amish.

NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...

Last edited by my034runner; 02-21-2018 at 03:24 PM.
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Also, The Kal State Parks has Finally, after Seven (7) years of being shut down.......has re-opened Mitchell Caverns http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=615!! Many of you may remember years ago, I arranged a guided tour of the caverns on one of our trips......and it was a huge success!!! I may be a little tougher now, as they Only take reservations for the tours........and they're apparently book up for the next few months, but they told me to check back every Monday (The Only day they take bookings) and check for any potential cancelations.
So, if anyone else is going..........If I can get A RESERVATION, does anyone want to go? They do charge, I think it's either $10.00 a head, or it could be per car.......but either way, you'd be expected to bring your own form of payment.......and they may even be able to take bank cards there now........but a lot depends on the weather and if they can get a signal, so bring cash.

I'll post up if that happens......for whomever may be going.
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...

Last edited by my034runner; 02-21-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Unread 01-23-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Reserved..........I'm sure I'll need to put more stuff here later too!!
Unread 01-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
05sport4x4
Driver

I'll sign Adam and his Cobalt up

05 4Runner Sport V6 - Goodyear SA 275/70/17, Donahoe Adj C/O', Custom rear colis, Radflo rear shocks, Hanna sliders
89 Extra Cab 4x4 Pickup, 22re, 31x10.5 w/4.56's & ARB in rear
05sport4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2018, 04:14 PM   #5
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sport4x4 View Post
I'll sign Adam and his Cobalt up

Cobalt?! Lol! That's what he ended up with?!
Well, you can sign him up as a passenger in Your 4Runner......just like the old days!!! And, get to finish the trip this time!!

I posted up early enough this time around, so we all have time to plan for it!!
Unread 01-24-2018, 07:10 PM   #6
05sport4x4
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
Cobalt?! Lol! That's what he ended up with?!

I posted up early enough this time around, so we all have time to plan for it!!
Cheap and available at the time.
He is eyeing a 2004 V8 4Runner right now (currently 100% stock)

05 4Runner Sport V6 - Goodyear SA 275/70/17, Donahoe Adj C/O', Custom rear colis, Radflo rear shocks, Hanna sliders
Unread 01-24-2018, 09:51 PM   #7
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Cheap and available at the time.
He is eyeing a 2004 V8 4Runner right now (currently 100% stock)
Cool!! Hope he gets it........just has to watch the road a little better.......But stock is fine for the Mojave Road......
Unread 01-24-2018, 09:55 PM   #8
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Oh.......and everyone But Mike (Mikestang) are invited!!! I've invited Mike, Yeah......You Mike......on both of these trips for years, as the last time he actually came out with us.......was literally years ago!!!

You hear that Mikey!!!!!

Here is Your chance to join us.........I'm giving you months of notice to plan!!!! But you're not actually invited! Let me know if you can figure out where the middle of the Mojave Desert is!!

Last edited by my034runner; 01-24-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Unread 01-31-2018, 04:30 PM   #9
Jeffy
JetBoil Master

Possible... Lots coming up and I need to rebuild my shocks but I'm interested!
Unread 02-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #10
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Possible... Lots coming up and I need to rebuild my shocks but I'm interested!
Yeah, I know.......just had my fronts rebuilt......damn near $600.00!!!!! Sounds a bit high to rebuild, but upgraded (long over due) to 700 lb springs, plus I needed at least one new shaft, bearings, etc.......These damn things better be better than new!!
Now, I just need to have 4 wheel drive again!!! After regearing the rear......I still haven't got the front regeared......so I only have a 4x2 4Runner at this point!!
So, off to the shop it's going to go......real soon here, then I'll have a 4x4 again!! Then, lets see........need a new front steering rack, and the rear shocks rebuilt too!!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!
Unread 02-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #11
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Is this it?! I put this trip up two months early.......no excuses for folks not to come out due to short notice!!!!
I may have to open it back up to other groups too!! I prefer to stick with Toy120 and TTORA folks........but...........
Unread 02-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #12
Jeffy
JetBoil Master

Quote:
Yeah, I know.......just had my fronts rebuilt......damn near $600.00!!!!! Sounds a bit high to rebuild, but upgraded (long over due) to 700 lb springs, plus I needed at least one new shaft, bearings, etc.......These damn things better be better than new!!
Now, I just need to have 4 wheel drive again!!! After regearing the rear......I still haven't got the front regeared......so I only have a 4x2 4Runner at this point!!
So, off to the shop it's going to go......real soon here, then I'll have a 4x4 again!! Then, lets see........need a new front steering rack, and the rear shocks rebuilt too!!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!
Mine is looking more like $1000 for the rebuild because it's my DD and I have no way to take the shocks off myself and bring them in, so they're charging me labor for the install as well . I definitely need 700lb springs also now that I've got the bumper, winch, and dual batteries.

I just did inner/ outer tie rods and new LCAs, my front end is solid except for my shocks, they've got almost 100k miles on them now
Unread 02-15-2018, 01:21 PM   #13
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Mine is looking more like $1000 for the rebuild because it's my DD and I have no way to take the shocks off myself and bring them in, so they're charging me labor for the install as well . I definitely need 700lb springs also now that I've got the bumper, winch, and dual batteries.

I just did inner/ outer tie rods and new LCAs, my front end is solid except for my shocks, they've got almost 100k miles on them now

Holy shlt! How did you get 100k miles without a rebuild?!
I just called Shawn from Rouge Off Road (local Off Road shop, with off road race truck driver/owner) to get my parts for the front ordered up so I can get this stuff going!! Also having him put in my front ARB locker Finally!! The damn thing has been sitting on the floor of one of my spare bedrooms for years, as I've never had to have the front diff opened.....ever, just the rear!!!
So, that's going to be at least $1k with labor!! Maybe have him rebuild the rear shocks while he has it too!!
Unread 02-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #14
Jeffy
JetBoil Master

Quote:
Holy shlt! How did you get 100k miles without a rebuild?!
I had them on my 4th gen for about 60k miles, transferred them onto my 5th gen after the wreck but didn't have time to rebuild then. I swore I would do it soon but 40k later and I'm still procrastinating...
Unread 02-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #15
05sport4x4
Driver

Just to clutter up your trip thread a little more my old Donahoe front coilovers are finally getting a rebuild. I have put over 144k miles on them and that is not counting what Andries had on them before. Both sides were leaking oil out of the bottom seals. Hopefully I can pick them up tomorrow.

By the way Adam did get that 2004 v8 Sport 4runner.

Unread 02-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #16
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
I had them on my 4th gen for about 60k miles, transferred them onto my 5th gen after the wreck but didn't have time to rebuild then. I swore I would do it soon but 40k later and I'm still procrastinating...

Quote:
Just to clutter up your trip thread a little more my old Donahoe front coilovers are finally getting a rebuild. I have put over 144k miles on them and that is not counting what Andries had on them before. Both sides were leaking oil out of the bottom seals. Hopefully I can pick them up tomorrow.

By the way Adam did get that 2004 v8 Sport 4runner.
Damn! This is my second Major rebuild...........the first Major, was when Icon added the remote resi's to my old Donahoe's and turned them into Icons!! Lol!

This is either the third or fourth rebuild.........and two of them major, but Icon did mine for free that One time!
But now that most of the original guys are gone, I don't get shlt for free anymore!!

So, are either of you coming along?! Maybe to finish what you started last year!!!!! So much stuff you guys missed!!
I'm pretty sure Adam learned his lesson!!! I'd like a few more people to come out, don't want anymore of the giant trips, like the trips with 15-20 trucks, that's too much baby sitting, but definitely want a few more to go, weather is going to be great!! I've already paid in advance for Great Easter weather again!!!!
Unread 02-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #17
Jeffy
JetBoil Master

It's not looking good for me... I'll also be starting a new job right then that's gonna require most of my attention, I don't think I can sneak away for that much time. I'll keep you posted if that changes but for now I'm gonna say no.
Unread 02-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #18
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
It's not looking good for me... I'll also be starting a new job right then that's gonna require most of my attention, I don't think I can sneak away for that much time. I'll keep you posted if that changes but for now I'm gonna say no.
That was fast!
Unread 02-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #19
Ludedude
Super Moderator

Need to check the on-call calendar...will get back to you.
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #20
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludedude View Post
Need to check the on-call calendar...will get back to you.
I know.......thanks!