Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > General Tech > FJ Cruiser

Unread 03-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Default OverlandWarehouse LLC sponsored vehicle

Hey guys and gals, just thought I'd introduce you to OW's first sponsored vehicle - WIKID.

To say this truck is amazing is an understatement and we feel very honored to be working with its owner Don.

Check out the list of goodies on this beast...

*Overland Warehouse LLC full suspension upgrade
* Total Visions Products
* Baja Camera System
* Custom four monitor overhead console, with a center section for switching, cb, and keypads
* Two digital keypads controlled by ecu’s to choose four views from eight different camera locations.
* Quad channel DVR with 120 gig HD, GPS tracking and motion sensing for on.
* Custom headliner with sound deadening and insulation
* Allan Phillips Racing X-1 engine management system
* AFE Pro Guard CAI
* Magnaflow with custom hightuck 3” tailpipe
* Camping Labs Roof top tent
* BajaRack expedition syle rack
* Lowrance Baja540C Off-road Navigation
* Engel refrigerator custom mounted where the drivers side rear seat was
* National Luna dual battery controller custom mount
* Sears Platinum marine battery custom mounted over the passenger rear fenderwell (where the subwoofer would be)
* (2)Blue Sea eight circuit fuse panels
* Lightforce 170 strikers
* PIAA 520 lithium ions
* Onzium LED interiors
* Dashboard lightbulb
* Inchworm E-locker guard
* Scubadriver mod
* Bodymount chop
* Cobra CB, Wilson 1000 antenna
* Custom Gear box with tailgate
* Body color matched door handles mirror bases and blacked out mirrors
* Old school white bezel
* Hood scoop mod
* Recovery gear and tools
* HD Camera’s
* Sliders
* 35" Tires
* 4.56 Nitro Gears

I have invited Don to come over here and post some more details on his outstanding rig. He is busy with a replacement diff setup at the moment but I am sure he will find time to provide details asap.

The 8 (I think?) HD cameras and 4 screens is just off the hook. This truck can be driven (has be test proven) with all windows blocked out so you only drive on camera feedback.

Cheers
Mark
04 V8 SE, Completion date July 24: RST Solid axles Swap, Atlas Crawl Case, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper.

Last edited by expat; 03-29-2010 at 02:07 PM.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
Ludedude
Super Moderator

With all that's already been done, what does he need sponsorship for?
Gone but not forgotten
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
jason04
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludedude View Post
With all that's already been done, what does he need sponsorship for?
I think what he means by sponsored is.... when he's driving around or on the trail or where ever... people will see his rig and think "holy s#!t your truck is BA" and then he'll say... yeah, I got this rad suspension set up from OW... Check them out their the bomb!!!

'08 TOYOTA 4RUNNER
jason04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Ludedude
Super Moderator

I already do that for free
Gone but not forgotten
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

Very impressive list of modifications, but the interior reminds me of JiffyPop. With all that time and money invested I would expect a finished look for the roof interior. Exposed side curtain airbags, wiring, and what looks to be the same roof liner as in my TuffShed out back isn't what I'd want surrounding me for countless hours on the trail.
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 Goodyear ATA on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
Josh220
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestang View Post
Very impressive list of modifications, but the interior reminds me of JiffyPop. With all that time and money invested I would expect a finished look for the roof interior. Exposed side curtain airbags, wiring, and what looks to be the same roof liner as in my TuffShed out back isn't what I'd want surrounding me for countless hours on the trail.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...6-post206.html
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
wikid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestang View Post
Hi
I am the owner of the Jiffypop mobile .
You are correct . It needs to be finished . Oh wait it already is. This was just an in process shot, during it's 8+ week install . I have a whole build documented that I will put here.
Since my rig has many mods, it also weighs in heavy. I wanted to find suspension that could get me the performance I wanted, with the ride to match. That's why I teamed up with Overland Warehouse. I look forward to checking out all of the rigs here.
I will post an interior finished shot below

Here is a worse shot

Here are a few finished ones

The Jiffypop is sound deadening and insulation I decided to add while I had it all apart
thanks
Don
wikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

Now THAT is what I expected from a build like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh220 View Post
Sorry, this is the only forum I read so if it ain't here it doesn't exist to me.
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 Goodyear ATA on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
wikid
Rookie

thank you
I got a chuckle out of your post. I just remember Jiffypop from when I was a kid .
thanks
don
Unread 03-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
harper7
Driver

Great work Don!!
What's the dashboard light bulb for? Party mode?
Regeared with 4:56's and Double Locked-Icon CO's with Rem. Res and Piggyback Rears-SAW rear springs-LR UCA's-Konig X's with 305/70/17 BFG KM2's-TE bumpers and flares-Viair 480C on-board air /2 gallon tank-Shrockworks Sliders-Budbuilt Skids/Winch Plate-Warn M8000- Bajarack-BajaDesigns LED bar-S2K HID Retrofit-Dual Battery
harper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
wikid
Rookie

Thanks
It started as a joke when I was walking through wally world, I saw it and thought hmmm I have a place for this. Then it ended up being a fixture ( pun intended) When I get a bright idea, it comes on.
thanks
Don

Last edited by wikid; 03-29-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #12
Litupagain
Driver

Very sweet rig! I went to the blue room to look at your build thread but my computer was lagging way bad with all the pics. Is there any video of the cameras working?
Litupagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
wikid
Rookie

Thanks
Sorry about the amount of pictures on my build page. I just felt I needed to show my progress in detail.
I will post up a condensed version in the gallery section here.
I have a ton of video . My problem is with the editing. I had difficulty with it because I am stupid to video editing. I have recruited help in that category. A friend of mine wants to do some magic with it. Our current problem is both of us are getting ready for trips. I am going to Overland Expo, in Southern AZ , to show my truck at the Total Vision Booth. Then, both of us are going to Cruise Moab and I still have to change both of my 3rd members for 4.56 gears . I will get more video there. If any of you are going to Cruise Moab or Overland Expo we can look each others junks over.
Thanks
Don
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
UnionJack
Old Timer

Nice rig and welcome to 120, thanks for sharing

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #15
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

It's a cool rig, don't really get all the video cameras, yes I understand their purpose, just seems like offroad bling

I'm kinda bummed the first OW sponsored rig Is a fj, like really bummed!!!

Everybody sponsors fjs, ya know
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #16
Litupagain
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikid View Post
Thanks
Sorry about the amount of pictures on my build page. I just felt I needed to show my progress in detail.
Thanks
Don
lol no problem. If I had done as much as you Id do the same. Just curious what it looks like on video. Have you used it at night?
Litupagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #17
wikid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
It's a cool rig, don't really get all the video cameras, yes I understand their purpose, just seems like offroad bling

The FJ has a few challenges on visibility while wheeling, High doors, fenders not having a slope that disappears, some blind spots,
i always wanted a few rock spotting cameras and approach camera. When I crest a hill, I can see over it with my wide angle approach camera. After I decided to find a way to build one, I decided to get a few view cameras for trail runs. It allows me to catch others wheeling from all angles. the other advantage is, my DVR tracks with GPS. I always knows where the video is from.
My rig is therapy for me. I work hard and have my own business. when I get to work on my rig, or go wheeling, I don't feel the stress of work. It was fun to accomplish something that took about 2 years from my first thought. Are all these cameras necessary? Probably not. Do we only do things in life out of necessity?
the other advantage I have is the rear view camera gets footage of nose pickers behind me
So , How do you like your Radflo Suspension ?
thanks
Don

Last edited by wikid; 03-29-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
wikid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litupagain View Post
lol no problem. If I had done as much as you Id do the same. Just curious what it looks like on video. Have you used it at night?
I need to change some of the cameras to night vision. If it ain't lit up, it gets snowy. Those are improvements we are working on
thanks
Don
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #19
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post

What do you think my rig is, a Honda Element!? My 4R has been on OW sponsorship for half a year now so technically I guess his is the third if you counted mine, Andries then WIKID.

Anyhow, just wanted to share this very cool truck for those interested. There are many great ideas and way more function than bling if you'd care to take the time...
04 V8 SE, Completion date July 24: RST Solid axles Swap, Atlas Crawl Case, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper.

Last edited by expat; 03-29-2010 at 08:26 PM.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
What do you think my rig is, a Honda Element!? My 4R has been on OW sponsorship for half a year now so technically I guess his is the third if you counted mine, Andries then WIKID.

Anyhow, just wanted to share this very cool truck for those interested. There are many great ideas and way more function than bling if you'd care to take the time...
hey you guys technically dont count, your the owners!! hahah
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote