Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Classifieds > Vendor area

Unread 05-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #1
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Default Experience with Rock Solid Toys

Many of you will know Rock Solid Toys was owned and operated by Wyatt Tony Scott.

His specialty in the off-road market was building solid axle Toyotas.

The business is now defunct. Scott will need to many charges including
- running an unregistered, unlicensed business
- trading across borders, unlicensed
- failure to deliver goods and services
- unpaid payroll
- unpaid payroll taxes and not providing benefits to his employees
- deceptive practices

and much more. There are legal actions submitted via various attorneys to the District Attorneys Office in Orange County, and many reports to various local authorities.

Basically, Scott was taking peoples money then moving that money around to leverage other issues he was dealing with, and not getting work done for which he had received payments in advance. At this stage there is probably over $700,000 in goods and services that were never delivered.

Approx. two month ago, all customers with vehicles on site at RTS gained access to the shop and recover their vehicles by whatever means were possible. Most were placed on flat beds, some towed. None were in drivable state.

The level of deception is almost immeasurable. He lauded his connection with many well known off-road business who are now posting their anger and frustration towards Wyatt Tony Scott.

The entire series of events that have led to where many of customers are today is worthy of a novel. But as an example, he likely sold the same Atlas case to seven customers, each time with a mock photo with words such as "Here is your Atlas, we are moving forward with the install...." If you were to ring Advanced Adaptors, ADS, Marlin, Demello you would find that your products were never ordered by RTS. Where did all the money go?

I was one of customers, and like many believed him to be a friend. We have learned over the past six months just how deep this deception has gone. I am out of pocket for adjustable shocks at each corner, an auto transmission which he said he threw away, an FJ case that leaks, a front driveshaft that hits the custom crossmember, a crappy skid plate that if looked at by a rock bends up against the hydro assist ram...and more. Four times I received my truck back over a period of two years with promises of it being dialed in. Each time it was sent back to him I was given another bunch of promises that were never delivered on. One of those times it went back is when I was driving on a freeway and the steering shaft at the coupler disconnected and I was sent on a harrowing ride across three lanes of traffic and eventually hitting a guard rail that prevent my truck, myself and the wife going over a 150ft drop to farm land below.

Speaking of gone, his two best employees Matt and Kevin resigned, being owed lots of backpay. Such a shame as these two guys had so much talent. But they are moving on to big and brighter futures. He has no other employees and owes the owners of the building for rent not paid. It also interesting to note that Wyatt could neither weld, fabricate nor run a business. More than 90% of work, in my estimate, was completed by Kevin or Matt. The 10% that Scott did had to be redone because his employees knew his work was substandard.

While my story in itself is not a huge loss, there are many people who paid $20,000 or more in advance, to have Scott do various conversions, to this date we don't know of any trucks that were built exclusively by Scott. Even his own truck "The Beast" which he told everyone he built it, was a lie. The fact is Demello and others were responsible for the build.

If you need help with a build, speak with Robert Otwell at Otwell Fabrication. Robert is doing his best to raise money for one of RTS's customer who is also a vet who was ripped off badly by Scott. Where possible Robert is also helping out other customers and passing on goods at cost, to help them out.

It is a sad event in the offroad-business. The story has traveled far and wide. For myself, the cost of litigation outweighs any chance of me being made whole by Scott's deception, lies and poor workmanship.

There are others who definitely have strong legal cases and we will see the results of those in time (courts are held up due to COVID delays).

My feelings are this:

Wyatt Tony Scott is
a liar
deceptive
lacks honor
untrustworthy
has no shame
shows no remorse
a criminal who needs to pay for his business misdealing

*** he is a sociopath

04 V8 SE, F250 Solid Axles Swap, Marlin Crawl Case, FT Case swap, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper. Shrockworks F.Bumper
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2021, 02:50 PM   #2
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Holy shlt!!! Had no idea!! I was pretty sure Jason built his truck, but wow......what a piece of shlt!!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2021, 09:38 AM   #3
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

Damn, that's just nuts!
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 BFG ATs on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2021, 09:46 PM   #4
bulldog
Admin

That blows!!
I believe I only met him once at BB and he seemed like a nice guy, but doesn’t seem to be the case.

Glad others are able to step in and help folks out.

2019 Low Rider
2021 Poser
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2021, 08:36 PM   #5
momo.75
Driver

I was a couple months out from sending my truck out to him for work and then all this **** popped up. That is really messed up and hope he is locked up for a while. Hopefully you as well as the others can get something back .
momo.75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #6
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo.75 View Post
I was a couple months out from sending my truck out to him for work and then all this **** popped up. That is really messed up and hope he is locked up for a while. Hopefully you as well as the others can get something back .

Wait, what? You were going to send your truck from Alabama to Commifornia? Wow, guess not many shops on that side of the country!! Really good damn thing you didn't transport that all the way out, you'd most likely would have never seen it again!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
Unread 05-25-2021, 02:14 PM   #7
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Has anyone heard from Dave (Crowzhawk) lately? I wonder how bad he may have gotten screwed over by Dylan? I think they became close due to their truck builds.....I guess in hindsight, Dylan could have been putting Dave together for a while, after all, Dave did All of the work on his bad ass 4Runner himself, and apparently Dylan didn't. You can bet he was more then likely trying to work an angle there. Hope Dave didn't fall in too deep and get hurt himself. After all, he is a veteran of the US Army, sure he still has contact with a few Army buddy's! Lol!
Unread 05-27-2021, 09:46 PM   #8
momo.75
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
Wait, what? You were going to send your truck from Alabama to Commifornia? Wow, guess not many shops on that side of the country!! Really good damn thing you didn't transport that all the way out, you'd most likely would have never seen it again!!
There are shops around here but for what I wanted they "seemed" to know their ****....very glad it didn't happen
Unread 07-13-2021, 01:04 PM   #9
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

District court award the first plaintiff in the case against Wyatt Tony Scott and Alana Scot the sum of $10,000. Im sure more to come.
04 V8 SE, F250 Solid Axles Swap, Marlin Crawl Case, FT Case swap, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper. Shrockworks F.Bumper
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2021, 07:41 PM   #10
momo.75
Driver

Glad to hear.....scumbag