Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Gallery > Gallery

Unread 11-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
skygear
Rookie

Default MACH Build thread. . . . Need some MOD Ideas. - Budget is slim right now.

I have a build comming along nicely. Plans to finish some of the current mods in the next couple weeks, but feel I am loosing direction along the way.

This thread really belongs in another section I'm sure = as it will most likely turn into some form of a twisted build thread here for me. So bulldog, assess and relocate as necessary.

Currently my build thread is on another board, linked in my sig. Group of people there is nice, but when everyone has the same vehicle, creativity tends to be stifled with wanting to streamline everything for the masses.

One Username in particular had initially made me think differently about my build, TheJosh. Then recently, another Username here Redswan, has solidified my want for 'power' and a reason why I am here.

Currently in my 'system' - as a build for overland and able to tackle almost any I could get into.\

Platform

- 2005 Toyota Tacoma Dual Cab Short Bed TRD Off Road V6 AT 4x4 Tow Package Desert Sand Mica
- Leer 100XQ Cab Heigh Topper
- Dual FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline Roof Racks

Suspension

- Icon Stage (5)
---- 2.5" Remote Reserviour Click to Adjust on all 4 corners(2.5"-3" lift)
---- 700# Icon Coils
---- Billet UCA's
- All Pro Expo Leaf Springs
- Extended Break Lines

Armor

- Icon LCA Skids
- ARB Deluxe Bull bar w/Fog Lights Color Matched

Wheels and Tires

- Pirelli 275 55 R20
- XD Series Rockstars

Electronic

- Dual 31M Battery's
- 2200 Pure Sine Inverter
- 85QT Fridge Freezer 12v/120v
- Torque Pro android app w/Bluetooth adapter
- Oregon 550T
- SAT Phone

Recovery

- Warn M8000 conversion to 9.5
- 100' Cable Extension
- On Board Air
- Dual Black (Oil Color Code) Jerry Cans w/Dual spouts
- Various Cordless Power Tools
- 2/0 20' Jumper Cables w/ Bucket Boss Bag
- Shovel(s)
- Axe(s)
- Hatchet(s)
- 4' Bolt Cutters
- 16# Sledge Hammer
- 3 Ton Floor Jack

Illumination

- Sylvania 194 LED Replacements
- Sylvania LED Dome Light Replacement

MOD

- T4R Power Heated, Turn Signal, Approach side view Mirrors
- 2012 tacoma 3" Screen Rear View Reverse Mirror
- Tacoma Reverse Camera
- Rear View Relocation Bracket
- Pop N Lock Tailgate w/Camera Lock

Security

- Toyota Key Chip Removal
- Abus Pad Locks
- GoPro Hero 3 Black

-=Plans=-

- URD SC Kit
- Safari Snorkel
- Air Tank Sliders
- Connecting Brush Bars from Sliders to Bull Bar
- High Clearance Rear Bumper w/Dual Tire Carrier /Kitchen Drop Down /Tow Hitch /Jerry Can Holders /LED Reverse Cut Outs /Dual Recovery Shackles
- Full Skid Plates
- Reroute of Exhaust for skids
- On Board Water
- Rigid LED Light bars <- Front, sides, corners and rear for 360 coverage
- Under chassis LED strips <- Full coverage and wheel wells
- LED Turn Signal, Backup, Etc. replacement bulbs <-((( Tired of blowing all my bulbs off road night time driving
- High Output Alternator
- Solar Panels
- Awning with Mosquito Net and or
- Roof Top Tent
- High Lift Jack
- MTR-K 35 x 12.5 Tires
- Bead Locks
- Cab Mount Chop <-((( I have the plates, just need to cut and weld
- CB and or Other on board Communication
- GPS <-((( Have an Oregon 550T - Want to do a much larger screen Platform for Off Road
- On Board Computer /Monitoring System With Access Point and communication Integration <- Thought here would be to have an All in One System that integrated everything onto the Alpine 8" Screen kit including entertainment and gauges.
- New Sat Phone
- Digital Send Units for AIR, Water Temp, Battery Temp, Battery's Voltage and a way to integrate them all into one monitoring unit.
- Might do approach Lighting in my door handles
- Homemade SPOD style Relay/ Fuse/ Switch interface w/ Battery Monitoring Integration <- Lots of us need more than the few switches and relays the SPOD offer. With many of us using a Dual Battery System, would be nice of the solutions were Modular and integrated with one another - Have some IDEAS for a revamp on some of the Switch Designs to help. Blue Sea was is the right track, but tech is small enough to have more integrated into a switch.
- Tint <- 3M Crystaline

So you see, there is direction - Funds are low and I am not sure even if I had the funds to do all this at once that I would still have more ideas. Tossed the thought around of Long travel. Might be a waste in my neck of the woods though.

Not really interested in 'GLASS' as they are called.

My current Wheel and tire selection is intentional. Purchased the Current Wheels, Tires, with an additional 2 sets of tires for $400 and traded my OLD warn stock tires with stock wheels. I am a firm believer in using the proper "shoes" for the activity. So when I am Off Road, i swap to the Nitto Terra Graplers I have stacked in the back yard. On the street, I keep My ATR's on. No sense in ruining my Off Road tires on the street. I really Like the look of a 5 Star Pattern on most vehicles. My truck is no different.

Part of the quest for Bead Locks is to find a pattern I am Happy with astetically. I enjoy something mean and aggressive in appearance, but feel I would be just as happy with a nice clean 5 Star Pattern.

I loose sleep on the daily brain storming and hoping to complete my build. Constantly running into financial hurdles takes its toll. Then I feel I loose focus and get scatter brained. I try to complete a task on the truck as it becomes something that is necessary for our next adventure. We own Plenty of camping and survival gear, and are not normally in areas where the local fauna are an issue.

My Switching power monitoring relay fuse idea could fund all of my other projects if I dedicated some time and research to it. So I might do that. Might have to reinvest some money back into classes to refresh myself electronically. I also realize that in posting about this idea openly without an actual product or patents, etc. in hand, that I am opening myself up to it being developed by a more capable company and ripping it from my grasp. Would like to work with people on this, ultimately, feel it could be a staple in the modding community.

Last edited by skygear; 11-21-2013 at 08:41 AM.
skygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Fallenrunner
Driver

wheres the pics or it isn't real=D

2011 TRD Sport 4x4
Fallenrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
skygear
Rookie

Click on the link in my SIG and it will take you to my previous threads. Will see how the traffic is on this site. Really looking for a sharp set of minds to bounce ideas off of.

Some exclusive pics will be uploaded here also.
Unread 11-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
bulldog
Admin

Moved, builds end in the Gallery Section.

Looks like and impressive list of mods, and planned mods.

Tacos, esp DC, likes sliders and it may be good to get some on sooner rather than later.

2019 Low Rider
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
Redswan
MojaveMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
... Will see how the traffic is on this site. Really looking for a sharp set of minds to bounce ideas off of.

Some exclusive pics will be uploaded here also.
Well we definitely have some sharp minds here (engineers and vendors too). So fire away the ideas and looking forward to pics when you get them up here.
'90 Celica GT4 RC
Redswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
skygear
Rookie

nice. Will try some today