Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > General Tech > FJ Cruiser

Unread 04-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #41
wikid
Rookie

As a part of good sponsorship. Andries sent out another set of shocks with slightly heavier valving for me to try out. This was all their suggestion. What makes this notable is the strive for the optimal set-up for heavily modded rigs. I will install them this week to try them out. I think my set up is awesome, but sometimes, you don't know better, till you feel it.
I am delighted with the attention to customer service I have experienced with Overland Warehouse.
On a side note.
I received my new diffs Friday. The rear is done and full of oil. I even threw on some new break pads. The front had a few challenges. I was not physically able to lift it into position by myself. The help I was suppose to get couldn't make it. I struggled with a jack and the wife controlling the height and never accomplished it. Finally this morning, I got fed up and started to think outside the box. I scavenged for a few ratchet straps, one end connected to t-case cross member the other end attached to the front d-rings and used the 2 straps to cradle the diff, so I could weasel it into place. Now I just need to put the front back together and I can begin the break in period .
Unread 05-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #42
BzWires
Rookie

Don, as a CCTV Tech, I must say Awesome job with the fit and build! I have had cams on my FJ but as you know the things aren't cheap.... so my system is STILL in the works. I have tons of a kick arse ideas for camera locations.

the josh, dude if ya don't like FJs hand out in the runner forums, I don't care what someone drives, just wheel it!
BzWires is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #43
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
and when we gonna get some of those sweet stickers?!?!
Available at BBBV1
04 V8 SE, RST Twin sticks, RST Taco Front Axle, RST 4-link rear, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 37" Cooper STT Mud, SW Sliders & Bullbar, ARB Locked F&R, 4.56's, Smittybilt 10,000lb winch, Radflo 2.5 resi coilovers, Radflo 2.5 rear shocks, 1.5 4Crawler BL, Flowmaster, CB, 2m/70cm Ham, CO2, Lightforce, African Outback Rack, Budbuilt, FrontRunner RTT. OFFROAD PARKS BLOW!
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #44
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

is this truck still sponsored? i haven't seen it around, seems ike it skipped town
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #45
UnionJack
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
is this truck still sponsored? i haven't seen it around, seems ike it skipped town
Still active on the blue room, with the same set up. Just painted a different colour Wikid

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #46
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

yeah i was curious if there was anything new installed

blue room = way too many ads, gives me headaches
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #47
wikid
Rookie

After a computer failure, I lost complete track of the 120 forum .
I found it again after I found "the josh" build on Expedition Portal.
I still have my original white FJ, but bought a brand new 2013 Cement TT , in December. I have been moving some of the good stuff from wikid, suspension too.
The Radflo stuff has been doing well, for as long as I have had it. it's too bad OW had to shut down.
I will start a build thread over here for the new one soon.

thanks
Don