Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition reporting

Unread 01-18-2016, 11:07 PM   #1
chiplee
Driver

Default Saline Valley Rd to Beveridge and SV Warm Springs

This was the first outing with the Kamparoo I posted about in OT so I thought I'd share some pics. Not a lot to write up, but the trailer is very cool. DV was beautiful. There were naked people at the warm springs, but I figured pics would be in poor taste.

'04 LTD V8 4x4 | King Resi CO's | Budbuilt Skids | DO Bumper | Icon UCA's | 4.88's | Rear ARB Locker | Crozfab tire carrier & rack | 1.5" BL | DO Sliders | 35" Toyos | Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch | Borla Exhaust |
chiplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

That trailer looks great!
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 Goodyear ATA on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #3
chiplee
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestang View Post
That trailer looks great!
We like it a lot. I plan to add a few things... An electric water pump just as a nice to have since it only comes with a hand pump, and an instant hot water system would make it capable of supporting 5+ day trips with ease. Add a fridge and solar and we're ready for the apocalypse.
'04 LTD V8 4x4 | King Resi CO's | Budbuilt Skids | DO Bumper | Icon UCA's | 4.88's | Rear ARB Locker | Crozfab tire carrier & rack | 1.5" BL | DO Sliders | 35" Toyos | Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch | Borla Exhaust |
Unread 01-20-2016, 11:02 PM   #4
bulldog
Admin

Great pics, trailer looks like a great comfort for these trips.

Need to get parking for one here.

BTW: You going for the Grizzly Adams look??

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2016, 12:03 AM   #5
chiplee
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Great pics, trailer looks like a great comfort for these trips.

Need to get parking for one here.

BTW: You going for the Grizzly Adams look??
I'm going for the, no one decides my grooming standards but me after 20 years in the Marine Corps look, lol. It's really just so everyone knows I'm retired now. I'll probably shave before too long.

That's very true about the trailer. It's a great comfort for anyone. but for me the trailer is really the only way I can do trips like this anymore. It's a bit of a story, but I have degenerative spine issues, herniated disks, arthritis, compression fractures, from my lumbosacral to cervical spine. My back can't handle mats and air mattresses, and I can't sleep on a flat surface, at least not if I want to be able to move the next day. We have an adjustable base temper cloud luxe at home, and being away from it literally puts me out of commission within a night or two. Even with it, I occasionally need my wife's help getting out of bed. The trailer allows me to bring along a high quality foam mattress, raise the head of the bed with the tongue jack, and prop my knees with pillows to approximate the position I sleep in at home. Not to mention how much easier it is for me to dress and undress in a space where I can stand and sit as needed. No, normal tent camping is not my thing anymore. It's ok though, I got plenty of it in the infantry.
Unread 01-21-2016, 09:24 AM   #6
bulldog
Admin

True that, as we get older we want/need more comfort. From just dropping a sleeping bag on the ground and sleeping, to nicer and better mattresses when we camp

Certainly makes for more logistics when going on trips, more comfort, better food and definitely more drinks

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #7
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

The older we get, the more comfort we need in the field. Of course most of us don't have thousands of hours in a jet pulling massive G's on our spines, I can see how that's a game changer. I swear I used to be able to sleep in a stream bed with just my sleeping bag and a rock for a pillow, now I get grumpy without my air mattress.
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 Goodyear ATA on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2016, 09:53 PM   #8
4x4KindaGuy
Rookie

awesome shots! the trailer looks great
4x4KindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #9
Tokyo Taco
Rookie

Great pics of a good time

That's such a cool little trailer ! !
Tokyo Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2016, 06:13 AM   #10
Redswan
MojaveMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplee View Post
I'm going for the, no one decides my grooming standards but me after 20 years in the Marine Corps look, lol. It's really just so everyone knows I'm retired now. I'll probably shave before too long.
Rah outstanding! Semper Fi Brother and Congrats on retirement!
'90 Celica GT4 RC
Redswan is offline   Reply With Quote