Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Land Use Section

Unread 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
dirtfinder
Driver

Default stop project on CA State Scenic Hwy 35

From S2Ki.com

Do you love driving Syline, designated CA State Scenic Highway 35 as much as I do? If so you might not be to keen on a new project the California Public Utilities Commission is ready to approve on Thursday. Extenet, a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) provider, esentially micro cell cites will be deploying 17 new telephone poles on Skyline to affix their facilities. If you don't want your drive on Skyline to be much more than looking at telephone poles, there are already 17 in the same area, you might want to make yourself heard.

To do so you can contact the presidents office of the CPUC in a variety of ways by following this link:

http://www.cpuc.ca.g...vey/contact.htm

Or attend the public meeting on Thursday and make yourself heard there. This is the agenda with time, locations, and related information:

http://docs.cpuc.ca....a/docs/3283.pdf

A simple message expressing your displeasure with the scope of the project would go a long way in this process but that must happen before they vote on this tomorow morning.

Please pass this on to others that also enjoy the scenic beauty of this highway and may not want it to be a telephone pole farm.

Thanks for reading.

I am writing to express my concerns about an Extenet project on State Scenic Highway 35. I understand that Extenet is proposing to deploy a DAS system on 17 new telephone poles in an area that already has an equal number of poles. I am a car enthusiast who regularly enjoys driving on this highway for its scenic value. I believe that the addition of these new facilities will negatively impact the scenic value of this roadway and I ask that you consider alternatives before approving this project.

Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter.

2004 Sport Edition 4wd V8, Overland 2" Coilover Lift,285-70-17 Coopers, TRD Exhaust, Packasport Box, CBI bumper, Pro Comp Lights, Droplet Rooftop Water Carrier, ARB awning
dirtfinder is offline   Reply With Quote