Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition reporting

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #1
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod
 
my034runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,268
Thumbs up 10th Annual Toy120 Mojave Road Trip Report!

Another successful Mojave Road trip! Everyone got out alive, and other than one blown tire on Jeramiah's truck and a blown bottom AC line on my truck, on the hottest day and the hottest place on the Mojave Road, everything was cool!!!

We ended up with Five (5) trucks, and a record number of Tundra's!!! Two 4th gens.......(and one was 4x2!!) and Three (3) long travel Tundra's (and one of them was 4x2 too!)

I'll add more later.....I'm actually surprised that no one else started a trip report, seeing that I wasn't getting home until late Monday night!!

Anyway, It's now started, and everyone can pitch in if they want.
__________________
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
osidepunker
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Default

I snapped a few pix, I'll try to post them this weekend
__________________
osidepunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod
 
my034runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osidepunker View Post
I snapped a few pix, I'll try to post them this weekend


Cool, I hope you all had a great time!! You all are welcome anytime!! Our next Mojave Road trip will be on Easter weekend 2016!!
__________________
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #4
dragos28
Rookie
 
dragos28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks for having us Robert!

I look forward to seeing the pictures you took!
dragos28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 12:41 AM   #5
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default All aboard the short bus

Next stop ...

Attachment 4910

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-24-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 12:44 AM   #6
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default

Some Destination groupie photo's

Attachment 4911

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-24-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 12:51 AM   #7
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default

And a few more


Attachment 4913

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-24-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 12:53 AM   #8
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default

Tires stuffed at max



Attachment 4914

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-24-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #9
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod
 
my034runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,268
Default

Cool pics Jeramiah!

Too bad I didn't get any pics of Craig's truck at Full Droop and Stuff Sunday night!! I think he would have won that contest! lol!

I actually got as far as loading up the SD card last night into the computer.........and that's the last thing I remember!!

Hopefully, I can work on them more tonight......as long as I don't get too hung up on editing stuff!

Also, I hope to see the video from Sunday night from Craig's GoPro......as well as his pics from the new camera.

And you all feel free to post up any of your thoughts about the trip and if you all had a good time.
__________________
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #10
n2deep
Driver
 
n2deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mesquite, NV
Posts: 66
Default

Yeah I have been super busy at work and have not touched any of my SD cards. Maybe this weekend. lol
__________________
2010 4x4 Tundra
Front -Camburg Long Travel & King Coilovers and King Secondary triple bypass
Rear - ADS triple bypass spec'd to Deaver Springs
35" Nitto M/T's on Method Mesh
Custom Front and Rear Tube bumpers w/Full skids & Rock Sliders
BAMuffler, Tiregate, On-board Air
n2deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #11
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod
 
my034runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2deep View Post
Yeah I have been super busy at work and have not touched any of my SD cards. Maybe this weekend. lol

That's cool........did you get the ones I took Monday on my I phone that I texted to you?
__________________
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #12
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default The 10th was the Best!!!

Same here I haven't had the chance to even see any video from our go pro or upload and view any pictures from Rosy's camera. It looks as though we roughly have 400 pics and 2-3 hrs of video.
I don't even know where to begin lol. Those were just some quick edits of a few pics from my iPad just as a teaser ...I honestly have some great photos of everyone and that's only what I have on my own iPad who knows I might have a couple magazine cover shots!!
I will put together a cool write up of this trip as I look through the photos remembering the non stop highlights and fast past action moments, then topped off each evening with s***'s and giggles about the epic run we just did and the edge of your seat possible shard moments, well once for me ..ok I lied twice.
I have blasted a few pics and posting how awesome this trip was and exceeded my every expectation for me and especially Rosy. With the exception of the Cima Lava Tube ...Rat.!!
To top it off every single person on this trip had part in it that made it memorable. We all jumped in no matter what the scenario, from roof rack loads shifting and learning how to use a tie down properly, to swapping out tires losing air from rocks pinched between the bead and rim of the tire, to blown out tires with golf ball size holes in them and even a rare odd scenario when you hear the shout out over the comm's someone being in need of anyone who possibly has room for two very hot non sweat gland passengers that are in need of a/c desperately, cause vehicle interior temps rising fast due to severed freon line.
But no matter what we all jumped out and had a hand in getting the situation knocked out quick and back on the road s**t talking, laughing, counting, paying attention (when possible) to our tour guide,thinking if you wanna be lil spoon or big spoon, remembering at 3 things start to freeze and most of all whatever you do..don't poke the dragon! Why do it.
I love this group of people and wouldn't wanted it any other way and would wheel with any one of them again in a heart beat..

Single man and his two dogs: 4Runner 4th gen fully loaded no mirrors needed expedition machine
Robert, Tongue, Sasha

Father and Son: Tundra "got winch" haul ass Baja style long travel
Alex, Mike

Husband and Wife: Tundra lookin like Five-0 show stopper and sound system
Djragos, Clara

Solo man with guns,pranks,fireworks etc. Tundra all around bada** truck
Craig

Boyfriend and girlfriend: 03 4Runner nobody could tell 2wd all day everyday.
Myself,Jeramiah, and Rosy

We thank all of you for the memories of a life time.
Especially our tour guide Mr. Mojave
Also known as Robert.

If someone said lets do it tomorrow or any day for that matter I wouldn't hesitate there's just so much to see and do with endless trails to push any level of driving skills and put them to a challenge.

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-24-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 07:44 PM   #13
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod
 
my034runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,268
Default

Right on bro!! You and Rosy are cool people, and couldn't tell it was her First camping trip, and you can drive the shlt out of that 4x2 4Runner!! Shlt, you followed Me!!!! And I didn't have to throw out a strap!!
Most of the Mojave Road is 4x2 (lifted, not stock) friendly, but not some of the other places we went!! Especially the devastated crazy washed out Atkins Mine Road!!

Get your stuff ready for Easter 2016!!!
__________________
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 11:38 PM   #14
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default

When you got a Tundra...Raptor say what!!



Attachment 4918

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-24-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #15
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default

Storm Trooper Style...whippin it whippin it real hard. all around sick Tundra...Raptor say what?!


Attachment 4919

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-24-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #16
osidepunker
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneluv13T4R View Post
Same here I haven't had the chance to even see any video from our go pro or upload and view any pictures from Rosy's camera. It looks as though we roughly have 400 pics and 2-3 hrs of video.
I don't even know where to begin lol. Those were just some quick edits of a few pics from my iPad just as a teaser ...I honestly have some great photos of everyone and that's only what I have on my own iPad who knows I might have a couple magazine cover shots!!
I will put together a cool write up of this trip as I look through the photos remembering the non stop highlights and fast past action moments, then topped off each evening with s***'s and giggles about the epic run we just did and the edge of your seat possible shard moments, well once for me ..ok I lied twice.
I have blasted a few pics and posting how awesome this trip was and exceeded my every expectation for me and especially Rosy. With the exception of the Cima Lava Tube ...Rat.!!
To top it off every single person on this trip had part in it that made it memorable. We all jumped in no matter what the scenario, from roof rack loads shifting and learning how to use a tie down properly, to swapping out tires losing air from rocks pinched between the bead and rim of the tire, to blown out tires with golf ball size holes in them and even a rare odd scenario when you hear the shout out over the comm's someone being in need of anyone who possibly has room for two very hot non sweat gland passengers that are in need of a/c desperately, cause vehicle interior temps rising fast due to severed freon line.
But no matter what we all jumped out and had a hand in getting the situation knocked out quick and back on the road s**t talking, laughing, counting, paying attention (when possible) to our tour guide,thinking if you wanna be lil spoon or big spoon, remembering at 3 things start to freeze and most of all whatever you do..don't poke the dragon! Why do it.
I love this group of people and wouldn't wanted it any other way and would wheel with any one of them again in a heart beat..

Single man and his two dogs: 4Runner 4th gen fully loaded no mirrors needed expedition machine
Robert, Tongue, Sasha

Father and Son: Tundra "got winch" haul ass Baja style long travel
Alex, Mike

Husband and Wife: Tundra lookin like Five-0 show stopper and sound system
Djragos, Clara

Solo man with guns,pranks,fireworks etc. Tundra all around bada** truck
Craig

Boyfriend and girlfriend: 03 4Runner nobody could tell 2wd all day everyday.
Myself,Jeramiah, and Rosy

We thank all of you for the memories of a life time.
Especially our tour guide Mr. Mojave
Also known as Robert.

If someone said lets do it tomorrow or any day for that matter I wouldn't hesitate there's just so much to see and do with endless trails to push any level of driving skills and put them to a challenge.
dude that was an awesome trip summary! lol! I had a blast! I would wheel with you anytime homie! We're doing death valley in November, hit me up!

Hey man, for some reason your pix wont open? Doesn't work on my phone or my PC
__________________
osidepunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #17
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod
 
my034runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,268
Default

Those last two don't open on my work computer either.......
__________________
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #18
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default

This is one of the most heavy running long travel trucks I've seen and it runs and handles like as if there was no weight on it at all..sick with it


image.jpeg
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #19
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default

OG Tundra luv the look of this thing

Attachment 4921

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-28-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #20
Oneluv13T4R
Rookie
 
Oneluv13T4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Palm Springs Ca
Posts: 44
Default

Clean machine


Attachment 4922

Last edited by Oneluv13T4R; 09-28-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Oneluv13T4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10th Annual Toy120 Mojave Road Trip! my034runner Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning 119 09-23-2015 11:36 AM
9th Annual Toy120 Mojave Road trip 2014! my034runner Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning 43 09-25-2014 10:20 AM
8th Annual Toy120 Mojave Road Trip!! my034runner Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning 212 09-24-2013 08:03 PM
7th Annual Toy120 Mojave Rd trip!!! my034runner Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning 75 09-23-2012 05:27 PM
6th Annual Toy120 Mojave Road Trip!!! my034runner Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning 207 09-19-2011 09:37 AM


Buy your Toyota120 sticker!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2013 Toyota120.com