Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Outfitting

Unread 05-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #541
mntbikr18
Senior Driver

Without cutting the cross member probably not that much. Thats my one concern with getting one.
mntbikr18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #542
Teampez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJet View Post
I think you need a downpayment and pay the rest when they ship it.
thats awesome, the way it SHOULD be
Teampez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #543
AlexJet
Old Timer

CBI is tight to your crossmember. I don't remember how much was stock bumper, but this will give you better departure angle. Not much, but better. Major thing in steel bumper as it can take off-road abuse and be used for recovery and other purposes.
'09 Custom Expedition Trailer --- 35"
AlexJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #544
prjeff46
Buckeye Runner

they are very nice but they just look so much heavier than the 4x4 labs ones. I guess it has to do with covering the crossmember and what not. JAM07Sport does have a good idea going with his for a bolt on. His swing arm goes into the side of the bumper and underneath where the cross member is it hugs up tight. I think maybe because his bolts in a little differently than the CBI so perhaps the tradeoff is that it isn't rated as high for recovery. I am not really sure though. I did notice that when we went wheeling that he had a lot of extra departure with his design and probably the most i've seen with a bolt on. If nothing else it would be a good starting point.

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showt...highlight=GWNF
2004 v8 SE- Duratrac 33's-OW 2.5 front/OME rear-SW front bumper-Budbuilt-Engo 10K w/synthetic line- Lightforce 170's- LR UCA's-Spidertrax- Kurtfab Diff Bracket-4xInnovations sliders-1/2" body lift-JAMFab dual swingout bumper
prjeff46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #545
mbtjunk
Rookie

Default Current Status of CBI Rear Bumper

Hello all,

this thread is now over three years in the making and it has gone from R&D to production. What is the current status of the 4th Gen bumper? have all the kinks been ironed out? Is it pretty standardized? (most of the pics I've seen on this site show something different in all of them) And for those of you who have one, how is it holding up and performing now that you've had it for awhile?
mbtjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 07:03 AM   #546
Duc Hunter
Driver

I love mine, the quality has been top notich. The Powder Coat is not QUITE as good as my Shrock, but both look amazing. Many people complement me on it and ask about it.

What would I change? I would put the tire on the passenger side, next to the hinge, and the jerry can on the drivers side to GREATLY improve the view through the rear view mirror. In fact, if I cannot find someone to trade me (CBI did make some like this) I will cut mine apart and change it. I would also mount the CB antenna to the bumper, not teh tire carrier. This is only because I have my tire carrier off most of the time to make it easier to get my dog in/out of the rear of the truck during daily driving.

Bottomline, love mine.
04 4Runner Limited V8, NV, SR, GY, RF, HP, P9, Z1, E5, Kenwood DNX 7100 w/XM & BlueTooth, OME Lift 885/896, 285/70/17 BFG A/T's, SpiderTrax Spacers, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow exh, Shrock Bumper, Warn XD9k, Blitz 240 lights, CBI Rear Bumper, Scepter MWC with petcock, Hellroaring Dual Bat, ARB Fridge, Rear PWR Outlets, White Wrapped Roof, Wet Okle
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2156
Duc Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #547
mbtjunk
Rookie

It has taken 6 months but the bumper has finally arrived and is sitting in my garage in Bulgaria! Now to find the time and figure out how to mount it with a limited set of tools and no lift or support to raise/hold the bumper!
mbtjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #548
AlexJet
Old Timer

I had mine mounted with a help of 2 guys. Since then I've installed 3 bumpers. Last 2 were done by just 2 men with truck sitting on it's wheels on the ground.
Unread 08-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #549
kruton
Driver

Placed order for the CBI rear bumper Aug. 1 and it shipped on Aug. 19. Im pleased with how fast this order has been processed. They had to build it cause of my bodylift so it wasnt a item they had built already. Cant wait to bolt this bumper up!!
kruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #550
AlexJet
Old Timer

Congratulations on your new armor!
Unread 08-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #551
Clintr
Rookie

Default Cbi

Lucky for you, it took CBI 1 1/2 years to build and ship my bumper. Upon receiving it, they built and sent the wrong model year bumper as I have a 2004 4runner. After waiting again for a replacement, I got the new bumper only to have the bumper not fit. After much frustration, instead of sending the 2nd bumper back, again, I stood the bumper upright and slammed it against the ground numerous times to bend the bumper corners inward and installed the bumper. Since installing the bumper 2 years ago, I have never talked to anyone about my bumper
Experience nor have I recommended CBi to all those who inquired who made my bumper, pretty sad.
Clintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #552
AlexJet
Old Timer

This is very unusual for them. I worked with Steve on both 3rd and 4th Gen. bumpers providing my comments and inputs, so it took longer for my units, but I have 1st production units for both Gens. Even that it was less then your lead time. I remember only very positive experience.
I hade an issue of bumper not fitting properly on 3rd Gen. (one wing was 5mm offset of the other related to body panels), so I've provided exact dimensions for Steve and had a second version built for my truck in no time. Steve stood up and took care of everything as it was his own issue.
Unread 08-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #553
kruton
Driver

Hate to hear about your bad experience Clintr! I have made most of my aftermarket purchase decisions based on feedback from members on this forum. I will post comments once I receive the bumper and bolt it up.
kruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #554
Clintr
Rookie

Default CBI Bumper

My bumper wings on my second bumper was off by approximately 1 inch on both sides. As i mentioned, I stood my bumper upright and slammed it against the ground multiple times on both ends to bring in the corners. So now my powder coat was chipped off the wings. Please dont get me wrong, the bumper build is excellent in construction but to get it, really sucked! I did get a small discount off the total bill because of the delay but honestly, 1 1/2 years. Oh well, its in the past and the bumper is on. Also, upon receiving my second bumper, CBI forgot to include the CB antenna mount as well as my back up light mount. Bummers!!!!
Clintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #555
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintr View Post
My bumper wings on my second bumper was off by approximately 1 inch on both sides. As i mentioned, I stood my bumper upright and slammed it against the ground multiple times on both ends to bring in the corners. So now my powder coat was chipped off the wings. Please dont get me wrong, the bumper build is excellent in construction but to get it, really sucked! I did get a small discount off the total bill because of the delay but honestly, 1 1/2 years. Oh well, its in the past and the bumper is on. Also, upon receiving my second bumper, CBI forgot to include the CB antenna mount as well as my back up light mount.
Troll!
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #556
Scot45
Driver

Mine has been great. It is a very beefy bumper. I have dropped down on it hard off of ledges many times, and it has just laughed. I've also towed a boat with it, and pulled out numerous stuck vehicles with it. It is a bulletproof bumper. Took me about 12 weeks to get mine. CBI was great to deal with. I'd love a 4x4 Labs bumper but don't have the time to drive to CA, drop my truck off for a month, get back to Vegas, then back to CA to pick truck up.
White 03 V8 4Runner. Kurt Fab HD Passenger Diff Bracket installed. ICON Remote reservoir coilovers +shocks, ICON UCA's and lower shock skids, All Pro HD LCA's, Custom Lower Control Arm skids, Slee ext brake lines, BFG 255/80/17 KM2's, African Outback rack, Technitp RTT, Shrockworks bumper, Titan 10,000 lbs winch, Stubbs HD-SKO sliders, BudBuilt Skids, Cobra CB
Scot45 is offline   Reply With Quote