Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Audio, Electronics and Electrical

Unread 08-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #21
bulldog
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozhawk View Post
Get one of these. Best thing I've found for dual battery setups. I had this on my landcruiser and it was sweet! better IMO than the 12voltguy setup I have in the 4Runner (200amp relay system) now. I'll be putting another one of these back in the 4R.

http://bluesea.com/category/2/productline/388
Very impressive unit. How much is it?

The ratings are much better than the Surepower unit I have now, I do like the functionality on the SUrepower and it has served me for a number of years just fine though.

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #22
GloryBigs
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Very impressive unit. How much is it?

The ratings are much better than the Surepower unit I have now, I do like the functionality on the SUrepower and it has served me for a number of years just fine though.

About $150
GloryBigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
Crozhawk
PRO ROCK 60s

that's about right on the price ...couple of different places to get it from. I don't have any photos of what I had but it pretty much comes down to making it fit where you can. The installation is pretty strait forward and you decide how to wire accessories.

Solid Axle Conversion
Crozhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #24
07 Elephant
Elephant Trainer

I'm confident enough in my current setup to leave well enough alone.

I'm interested in the discussion though because I will be changing out intergators when I setup solar and a generator since my surepower is uni directional. The blue sea looks promising. I will also need meters on both banks and blue sea has some nice ones. I'm using their aux fuse box to distribute power now and I'm happy with the quality of it. So blue sea maybe. There are some nice new setup from
http://ibs-tech.ch/en/products/dual-battery-system.html
that will bend your mind and break your bank.

But still the main focus of this discussion was intended to be which battery does the winch attach to. Right now I'm not seeing a difference in one over the other.

You're limited first by your alternator. Then the capacity of the relay if you're off the second battery. And then by the function of the integrator relay and if it will allow both batteries to be joined and work together. I'm pretty sure the sure power does some voltage reading and makes a choice based on those readings weather or not to combine the batteries. It's only if the primary battery is at a lower reading than the second and the second has 13.3v or more.

Time for a beer.
Rob's Elephant: 2007 4Runner V8 limited 4x4 w/navi, Shrockworks sliders, ARB bull bar, Gobi stealth roof rack, Budbuilt skids, Icon UCAs, Icon coilovers, Icon rear, custom coils, Airlift 1000, Wabfab end links, Slee lines, Nitto dune grapplers 285/60/18, 1/2" BL, spider trax 1.25, Warn xp9.5, 10 IPF lights, dual battery, aux fuse box, custom alum drawer, Engel 45, Maggiolina Grand Tour Gallery
07 Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #25
bulldog
Admin

That is a pretty good price for that unit. Can probably just do a simple wire change to fit it, if I ever need to replace my Surepower unit.

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote