Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Audio, Electronics and Electrical

Unread 10-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
07 Elephant
Elephant Trainer

Default part number for these light switches?

http://www.man-a-fre.com/fjcruiser/f...hfjcruiser.htm

Quote: Genuine Toyota fog light switch for the FJ Cruiser. The perfect addition to complete that custom install. This switch will replace one of your factory blanks and work with just about any aftermarket light set-up.

They should fit the blanks on the runner too.
I think they light up as well. My '90 had one of these in it too I think.

Does anyone have a toyota part number and price?

$70.00 yikes...!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $485144A8C6F46765-1.jpg (14.6 KB, 86 views)
Rob's Elephant: 2007 4Runner V8 limited 4x4 w/navi, Shrockworks sliders, ARB bull bar, Gobi stealth roof rack, Budbuilt skids, Icon UCAs, Icon coilovers, Icon rear, custom coils, Airlift 1000, Wabfab end links, Slee lines, Nitto dune grapplers 285/60/18, 1/2" BL, spider trax 1.25, Warn xp9.5, 10 IPF lights, dual battery, aux fuse box, custom alum drawer, Engel 45, Maggiolina Grand Tour Gallery
07 Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #2
Teotwaki
Adventurer

Manafre's price is not too bad as you get the connector and the wire stubs preassembled. I think the switch by istself is $45

But, Google sees all:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...em-switch.html
HQ sliders, OW Suspension, LT265/75/R16C Duratracs, rear diff. breather, ScanGauge II, Garmin 276C, Engel 45 fridge, All-Pro LCAs, TC A-Arm Skids, dual batteries, Downey skid plate, Cyclone pre-filter, ARB Compressor & Rear Locker!! Offroad Trailer
Photos http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1237
Teotwaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
07 Elephant
Elephant Trainer

I'm looking for the thread where I documented the part numbers for these switches. Can someone search them out on the 120 better than me and actually find the part number I posted up please?
Rob's Elephant: 2007 4Runner V8 limited 4x4 w/navi, Shrockworks sliders, ARB bull bar, Gobi stealth roof rack, Budbuilt skids, Icon UCAs, Icon coilovers, Icon rear, custom coils, Airlift 1000, Wabfab end links, Slee lines, Nitto dune grapplers 285/60/18, 1/2" BL, spider trax 1.25, Warn xp9.5, 10 IPF lights, dual battery, aux fuse box, custom alum drawer, Engel 45, Maggiolina Grand Tour Gallery
07 Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
MCL68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Elephant View Post
I'm looking for the thread where I documented the part numbers for these switches. Can someone search them out on the 120 better than me and actually find the part number I posted up please?

Here you go Rob....

PT297-35070-SH

MCL68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
cruiserlarry
Driver

Toyota OE switches and the hols in the dash are "keyed"; so you might need to file a bit to make the switch fit in any blank that was not designated for the fog light switch...

Another alternative is the Tacoma fog light switch - it is a rocker instead of a push-in switch, but it's much cheaper...

Personally, I prefer the Carling switches (like the ones that come with ARB lockers). They have 2 internal lights - one that works with the dash lights, and the other with the switch activation. The Carling switches are available with different color lights and labels, too, so you can match up a set for all your extra circuits.

cruiserlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
Ludedude
Super Moderator

Larry, do the Carling switches fit right in the dash blanks on the Toyota dashes?
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
cruiserlarry
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludedude View Post
Larry, do the Carling switches fit right in the dash blanks on the Toyota dashes?
Just like with the OE switches, you'll need to file off the "keys" they have in each opening to restrict it to a specific switch from the factory. Very simple to do (flat file or Dremel tool and about 5 minutes time), but, alas, necessary...The Carling switches will fit snug, and look great...My FJ is full of 'em, and since they are color-coded and labeled, it makes organization easier (especially for a gadget junkie like me )

You will have additional wiring to do, as the dash light circuit in the switch is independent, and has it's own hot and ground connections...

cruiserlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
harper7
Driver

I ordered some of the Carling V-Series II rocker switches as the OEM FJ and Taco switches are way overpriced IMO.

I'm using a 3rd Gen Fog switch for my fogs now and it was only around $15 but I'm changing that to a Carling too.
They have about every color and label,at least 10 pages worth, over at OTRATTW . http://www.otrattw.com/products.php?cat=5&pg=2
Regeared with 4:56's and Double Locked-Icon CO's with Rem. Res and Piggyback Rears-SAW rear springs-LR UCA's-Konig X's with 305/70/17 BFG KM2's-TE bumpers and flares-Viair 480C on-board air /2 gallon tank-Shrockworks Sliders-Budbuilt Skids/Winch Plate-Warn M8000- Bajarack-BajaDesigns LED bar-S2K HID Retrofit-Dual Battery
harper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
Ludedude
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserlarry View Post
Just like with the OE switches, you'll need to file off the "keys" they have in each opening to restrict it to a specific switch from the factory. Very simple to do (flat file or Dremel tool and about 5 minutes time), but, alas, necessary...The Carling switches will fit snug, and look great...My FJ is full of 'em, and since they are color-coded and labeled, it makes organization easier (especially for a gadget junkie like me )

You will have additional wiring to do, as the dash light circuit in the switch is independent, and has it's own hot and ground connections...
That sounds pretty easy to deal with. Just FYI, I believe Carling has switches that share a common ground for both the dash light circuit and the activation lamp which should cut down on the wiring a bit.
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #10
zimm17
Driver

Great link, I just ordered some.
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #11
D4D_120
Driver

i just got the blank ones and bought a sticker sheet off ebay to stick on each one.

they are the same switch and cap as used by ARB for their front and rear air locking diffs and compressor.
ARB Deluxe Winch bar : IPF 900XS HID'd spotties up front : IPF 840's HID'd & 816's up top : SAFARI Snorkel : ARB dual batteries : ARB on-board air : ARB shorty rack : ARB towbar : tweaked DOBINSONS long-travel suspension : PROCOMP 7005's : PROCOMP 285XMT's : BD underguarded : STEINBAUER'd : BEAUDESERT 2.75" : GME TX3100 + AE4703G : SCANGAUGE II : tunes by KENWOOD

D4D_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
zimm17
Driver

I keep bumping on my carling switches in the center console- anyone found a guarded toggle switch that fits the rectangle openings?