Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > General Tech > GX470

Unread 02-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
fasterfaster
Rookie

Default Stock GX470 height with and without factory rack

I'm considering a GX470, but I have a pretty low clearance garage thanks to some idiotic plumbing that is right about 74". My 1st Gen 4Runner fit with 31s and 1-2" lift, but no roof rack. What is the actual height of a stock GX470? Height is listed as 74.6", but does that include the factory roof rack? If yes, I think I can fit it with the rack removed, which I don't mind.
fasterfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2017, 01:21 AM   #2
A.Wilson013
Rookie

I think 74.6" must include the rack. I parked in a 6' 3" (75" of course) parking garage the other day and didn't even scrape the "clearance bar" or whatever it's called at the entrance.

You could also drop to the "low" setting on the rear height control before pulling in. It takes just a couple seconds. I had to do that a couple days ago now that I have my Front Runner rack on. I parked in a 6' 4" garage (76") and hit the back of my rack on the "clearance bar." Dropped it to the low setting and wasn't touching it at all.
A.Wilson013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
fasterfaster
Rookie

Perfect, thanks for the response. I'm of course going to bring a measuring tape with me when I actually check some out, but figured I'd make sure it was a possibility before I start dealing with the headaches of craigslist and used car dealerships...
Unread 02-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #4
Listers
Rookie

My Garage has 72 inches of clearance and my stock GX470 still has 0.5-1 inch of clearance left with the roof rack on. I also had to take a tape measure when I went shopping for cars.
Listers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
fasterfaster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listers View Post
My Garage has 72 inches of clearance and my stock GX470 still has 0.5-1 inch of clearance left with the roof rack on. I also had to take a tape measure when I went shopping for cars.
Ha, great news and I'm glad I'm not the only one. If that's the case, I may even have room for a tire upgrade...
Unread 02-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #6
Listers
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterfaster View Post
Ha, great news and I'm glad I'm not the only one. If that's the case, I may even have room for a tire upgrade...
I do get jealous of people putting lifts, big tires, and roof racks because I cant. I need my GX to fit in my garage because I do my own vehicle maintenance.
Listers is offline   Reply With Quote