Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #23
A10MileHusker
Unlocked

Took about 3 hours to complete (including creating a little pully system to pull the rack up and back the rig under it) but absolutely love it! Still deciding if I am going to keep the ladder or not.

A10MileHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #24
t-rex grrr
Is that a scratch!?

Looks great!

I like the look of the ladder, but have never used it to actually climb up to the roof. I do however use it all the time when I go camping b/c I attach my Trasharoo to it. If you decide to do the same, I suggest cross zip tying the straps to one of the ladder steps to prevent the straps from hitting against the tailgate.

On a side note, Mike helped me install my rack, and he had an ingenious idea - we used part of the box and placed it on the back of the tailgate and just over the spoiler. We then slide the rack onto the roof, using the cardboard as a buffer. Took us less than 10 mins
t-rex grrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2017, 12:58 AM   #25
A10MileHusker
Unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex grrr View Post
Looks great!

I like the look of the ladder, but have never used it to actually climb up to the roof. I do however use it all the time when I go camping b/c I attach my Trasharoo to it. If you decide to do the same, I suggest cross zip tying the straps to one of the ladder steps to prevent the straps from hitting against the tailgate.

On a side note, Mike helped me install my rack, and he had an ingenious idea - we used part of the box and placed it on the back of the tailgate and just over the spoiler. We then slide the rack onto the roof, using the cardboard as a buffer. Took us less than 10 mins
Thanks man! Ya I think I will use the ladder when camping because we have two large dogs who ride in the back and so most of my cargo area is used up and I will have to keep a lot of stuff up on the rack. But then again I will probably still just step on the tires like I did on my 05.

I thought about doing something with the box on the tailgate like you said. I just didn't know if it would have held up. My pully system with ratchets worked out pretty well haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Unread 06-25-2018, 07:15 PM   #26
A10MileHusker
Unlocked

Well, a few months ago I proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes!

So since then my spending has come to a halt and I'm putting every penny towards the wedding (we are paying for it ourselves). So I made my next mod.

I have two labs that love to go on camping adventures with us and they hang out in the back.

It would get hot back there from the sun coming through the windows and I'm very conscious about keeping my guys comfortable and safe.

So I made some cheap sun shades for the rear windows.

I bought two Dollar Tree sun shades. However you can do both rear windows with one window shade so I might try to do my rear passenger windows too.

The sun shades are extremely flimsy and dont have any structure whatsoever. So I made some templates and cut them out of cardboard (ironically from our recent Chewy.com purchase). Glued the sun shades (cut to fit) down and used some gorilla tape to hold down some zip tie pulls to pull them out when not in use.

Work great and should help out!

Unread 06-26-2018, 05:57 AM   #27
Darklight
Old Timer

Congrats bro!
Cool sunshade mod. A car can get extremely hot with no air on and windows cracked.
I saw a video of how fast it got hot in a car that had its windows cracked in 70* weather and I couldn’t believe it! I will never leave my pouch in the car without the ac cranked or the windows all the way down.
This mod should help keep it cooler while running though for sure.
2008 Black 4X4Runner SR5 V6, Total Chaos Race series 2" plus kit, King 700 lbs LT coilovers & MetalTech stage 5 LT rear, 315/75R16 KM2, Strike 6 16x8.5 -6 wheels , Demello offroad 3 hoop, 4X4Labs rear, ATO, RCI ,BudBuilt, Stubbs sliders, 4Crawler B/L 3/4", DynoMax , K&N , Speski barrier, sPOD, ARB CKM12, ARB locker front/rear 4.56 gears WMW roof rack
Darklight's Build
Darklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #28
A10MileHusker
Unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklight View Post
Congrats bro!
Cool sunshade mod. A car can get extremely hot with no air on and windows cracked.
I saw a video of how fast it got hot in a car that had its windows cracked in 70* weather and I couldn’t believe it! I will never leave my pouch in the car without the ac cranked or the windows all the way down.
This mod should help keep it cooler while running though for sure.
Thanks man!

Ya I've seen that video and we never leave them in the rig and if we do I leave it running with remote start and windows down to just run in and grab something. It's just too dangerous to them.

I noticed even just driving it would get very warm even with windows down and air on so this will help for those hot days.