Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > General Tech > FJ Cruiser

Unread 12-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #41
mkaresh
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityFJC View Post
Especially when you do this with long arms/travel & coilovers F&R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plvw4Qk9vys

It was hard for me to keep up with him in my FJ's strong suit high speed baja style & sand.
Damn, got enough suspension travel and ground clearance?
Unread 12-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #42
SinCityFJC
Floppy

Angry

Update on mine - total BS on all counts - denied coverage on all issues.

Click on pic will take you to full size version.

ps: Big thanks to Tigger my FJ Cruiser will be wearing some custom decals.
Tread Lightly Tread Trainer
VV4W Communications Officer
Member of SNLC - TLCA - UFWDA
SinCityFJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #43
4mudder
Cheap Basterd

That's crap!!

I am looking at a shiny glossy brochure that Toyota sent me for being a loyal 4Runner owner, and guess what??? In the SUV/VAN section is a picture of a 2009 FJ Cruiser traversing a big ass rock. If you look at the pic you can see it's lifted, on 33's or 35's with aftermarket wheels and tires and sporting a winch bumper. So the excuse of "...it's been modified, it's not covered" is a load of BS. (read the photo caption in pic #2)

BTW, this is exactly why I never bought my Jeep from Chrysler all those years ago. The dealer also had a glossy brochure showing a Wrangler on top of some butte in Utah, you know "offroad" and the super fine mice type at the bottom said... "Vehicle warranty is void if vehicle is ever taken off-road..." Considering that all the advertising for the Wrangler was centered on its off-road prowess (just like the FJ Cruiser) I thought this was really disingenious on the part of Chrysler and walked away.
'05 4R SR5 V8, SAW 2.5 front, OW/Bilstein 5100 rear, SW Sliders, 4Crawler 1.5" BL, extended rear swaybar links, front swaybar delete, AR wheels, GY Duratracs 33", Yaesu FT-8100r, Rola roof rack, Aux backup lights, Nuvi 255W, Speedohealer.
I had that Jeep thing... But I went to my local Toyota dealer, bought a 4Runner and it cleared that crap right up.
4mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #44
SinCityFJC
Floppy

Exclamation

Since some are asking:

I have no issue with Findlay Toyota - Robert & Brett are great to wheel & deal with. In the big picture I only have a minor issue with Desert Toyota.

I know it's not the dealers decision on my issues with my FJ Cruiser, its Toyota Corporate.

The FJ Cruiser is a tragic mess right now for Toyota & effected owners. I should of instead bought a Tacoma, 4 Runner or waited a few years
Unread 12-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #45
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityFJC View Post
Since some are asking:

I have no issue with Findlay Toyota - Robert & Brett are great to wheel & deal with. In the big picture I only have a minor issue with Desert Toyota.

I know it's not the dealers decision on my issues with my FJ Cruiser, its Toyota Corporate.

The FJ Cruiser is a tragic mess right now for Toyota & effected owners. I should of instead bought a Tacoma, 4 Runner or waited a few years

Well, then let me put you in a Tacoma or a 4Runner then!!! The new 2009 Tacoma's are Bad Ass!!! Locker, A-Trac, VSC, DAC, HAC, bitchin kick ass stereo, etc...

BTW, Thursday, we had the launch for the new Venza @ Mandalay Bay...what a bitchin car!!!!

But, this isn't about the car.

Our Toyota Denver Region Tech rep. (forgot the actual title) his name is also Brian.
He's actually a cool ass dude, and wheels too..he has a bad ass 80, and has actually been out with us before.
I explained your situation, and the facts as I know them. Also showed him this thread, and he forwarded it to some higher ups. I'm trying to get some help from someone, and hope he can get something done for you.

He explained about how Toyota has inspected all of the Trail Teams FJC's for any of the same issues, and haven't found any.

Also explained your level of expertise as far as your driving skills, and the fact that your FJC has Never been jumped nor bottomed out before.

I told him that's BS, and that they are going to drive good customers away from what, I still consider the best brand in the world. I hope he can have some positive effect and outcome for you Brian. And gave him your phone #, in case he needs to get a hold of you.
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 01:33 AM   #46
SinCityFJC
Floppy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
Well, then let me put you in a Tacoma or a 4Runner then!!! The new 2009 Tacoma's are Bad Ass!!! Locker, A-Trac, VSC, DAC, HAC, bitchin kick ass stereo, etc...

BTW, Thursday, we had the launch for the new Venza @ Mandalay Bay...what a bitchin car!!!!

But, this isn't about the car.

Our Toyota Denver Region Tech rep. (forgot the actual title) his name is also Brian.
He's actually a cool ass dude, and wheels too..he has a bad ass 80, and has actually been out with us before.
I explained your situation, and the facts as I know them. Also showed him this thread, and he forwarded it to some higher ups. I'm trying to get some help from someone, and hope he can get something done for you.

He explained about how Toyota has inspected all of the Trail Teams FJC's for any of the same issues, and haven't found any.

Also explained your level of expertise as far as your driving skills, and the fact that your FJC has Never been jumped nor bottomed out before.

I told him that's BS, and that they are going to drive good customers away from what, I still consider the best brand in the world. I hope he can have some positive effect and outcome for you Brian. And gave him your phone #, in case he needs to get a hold of you.
A big thanks Robert - 100s if not 1000+ people have been wheeling with me over the years - I do from scenic to technically challenging trails but not out there trying wheel till I break ****.

There are some shots of my FJC out there & in print that look more extreme than they were & hate to admit it were promotional shots for HnB sponsors & magazines.
Unread 12-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #47
4mudder
Cheap Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post

I'm really glad this is finally getting the attention it deserves! Good luck with the outcome Brian.
'05 4R SR5 V8, SAW 2.5 front, OW/Bilstein 5100 rear, SW Sliders, 4Crawler 1.5" BL, extended rear swaybar links, front swaybar delete, AR wheels, GY Duratracs 33", Yaesu FT-8100r, Rola roof rack, Aux backup lights, Nuvi 255W, Speedohealer.
I had that Jeep thing... But I went to my local Toyota dealer, bought a 4Runner and it cleared that crap right up.
4mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #48
SinCityFJC
Floppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mudder View Post
I'm really glad this is finally getting the attention it deserves! Good luck with the outcome Brian.
Decals for F&R windows & hood arrived last Saturday. Might remove if they fix mine & issue a TSB for these design/product issues

Were pics of TT rigs with bulges/cracks on the net. Also - sorry Robert your being lied to. Also had this reply e-mailed to me from someone in the know:

"want to know something, they are no longer allowed to open the engine bay of a FJC that is owned by Trail Teams with the public around. They actually told me they were sealed."

Last edited by SinCityFJC; 12-15-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #49
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Funny sticker...LOL

Not so funny situation...Grrr
04 V8 SE, RST Twin stick conversion, RST Tacoma Front Axle conversion, RST 4-link rear, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 37" Cooper STT Mud, SW Sliders & Bullbar, ARB Locked F&R, 4.56's, Smittybilt 10,000lb winch, Radflo 2.5 remote resi coilovers and Radflo 2.5 rear shocks, 1.5 4Crawler BL, Flowmaster, CB, 2m/70cm Ham, CO2, Lightforce, African Outback Rack, Budbuilt, FrontRunner RTT.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #50
SinCityFJC
Floppy

Making fun of a bad situation Jeepers & FJ owners are sending me suggestions for additional decals:

"honk if any parts fall off"

"Keep Back 500 Feet, My Front End Could Fall Off Any Minute"

"Feel my fender bulges" - cleaned up version

"Feel my Bulges & Check Out my Cracks"

Last edited by SinCityFJC; 12-15-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: #4
Unread 01-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #51
SinCityFJC
Floppy

Blog with videos dedicated to Floppy - http://worst4x4xfar.blogspot.com/
Unread 01-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #52
07 Elephant
Elephant Trainer

What a mess. Truely sorry.
Rob's Elephant: 2007 4Runner V8 limited 4x4 w/navi, Shrockworks sliders, ARB bull bar, Gobi stealth roof rack, Budbuilt skids, Icon UCAs, Icon coilovers, Icon rear, custom coils, Airlift 1000, Wabfab end links, Slee lines, Nitto dune grapplers 285/60/18, 1/2" BL, spider trax 1.25, Warn xp9.5, 10 IPF lights, dual battery, aux fuse box, custom alum drawer, Engel 45, Maggiolina Grand Tour Gallery
07 Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #53
SinCityFJC
Floppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Elephant View Post
What a mess. Truely sorry.
Thanks & yeah it sucks when your Toyota turns into a beater in less than 2 years
Unread 08-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #54
Bingosaidi
Rookie

Default Crack frame fender bulge

I just had a long conversation with socialmedia@toyota.ca regarding the frame cracking bulging issue. According to him and his advisors, Toyota knows nothing of this issue and there is no fix or recall coming up. That being said he did read the forum and suggests people take their affected Fj to a dealer and have them create a record of the state of repair.
everyone has to be the squeaky wheel here or we will get nothing. His direct email to also have people send proof of the problem is colin_wells@toyota.ca
Can you please put the word out,
Bingosaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #55
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingosaidi View Post
I just had a long conversation with socialmedia@toyota.ca regarding the frame cracking bulging issue. According to him and his advisors, Toyota knows nothing of this issue and there is no fix or recall coming up. That being said he did read the forum and suggests people take their affected Fj to a dealer and have them create a record of the state of repair.
everyone has to be the squeaky wheel here or we will get nothing. His direct email to also have people send proof of the problem is colin_wells@toyota.ca
Can you please put the word out,
You realize this an old issue that has been covered extensively (I think some people had repairs done by Toyota under warranty eventually) and is not frame cracking but fender bulging? I have the same bulge on both fenders for five plus years and the inner wheel well arches actually cracked apart and I welded a seam to bind them back together.
04 V8 SE, RST Twin stick conversion, RST Tacoma Front Axle conversion, RST 4-link rear, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 37" Cooper STT Mud, SW Sliders & Bullbar, ARB Locked F&R, 4.56's, Smittybilt 10,000lb winch, Radflo 2.5 remote resi coilovers and Radflo 2.5 rear shocks, 1.5 4Crawler BL, Flowmaster, CB, 2m/70cm Ham, CO2, Lightforce, African Outback Rack, Budbuilt, FrontRunner RTT.

Last edited by expat; 08-23-2017 at 07:08 PM.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote