Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Gallery > Gallery

Unread 04-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #501
Darklight
Old Timer

Sunroof delete stage one in effect.
I found a non sunroof headliner that I plan on installing in place of the sunroof headliner, covering up the glass and adding a plate to the roof rack over top of the glass.

Stage one includes:
removing the sunroof headliner and all of the sunroof assembly leaving only the glass.

Stage two includes:
Adding sound deadening b-quit ultimate to the roof. Blacking out the glass with sound deadening too. Adding a metal plate over the roof portion mounted to my roof rack. Possibly spraying the glass with flex-seal on the top side.

Stage three includes:
Installing new non sunroof headliner.

Sound deadening ordered and headliner needs to be picked up.

Coming soon:

Baja Design Pro Squadron wide cornering in amber going in the fog pockets of my Demello bumper. Acro lights are going on ditch brackets on the hood connected to my side/alley lights on my sPOD.
2008 Black 4X4Runner SR5 V6, Total Chaos Race series 2" plus kit, King 700 lbs LT coilovers & MetalTech stage 5 LT rear, 315/75R16 KM2, Strike 6 16x8.5 -6 wheels , Demello offroad 3 hoop, 4X4Labs rear, ATO, RCI ,BudBuilt, Stubbs sliders, 4Crawler B/L 3/4", DynoMax , K&N , Speski barrier, sPOD, ARB CKM12, ARB locker front/rear 4.56 gears WMW roof rack
Darklight's Build

Last edited by Darklight; 04-05-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Darklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #502
Darklight
Old Timer

Make over 2017

So plans for the truck as of now are get Currie anti sway bar for rear that works with rear LT and doesn't limit travel. I drive fast In turns. It's not bad but noticeable to my passengers how much body lean and sway my truck has.

Project LT
After long debates I do not think it's worth it for me to move from midtravel set up to a plus 2" system. So 3.5" LT is the way I am going.

Front 3.5" LT Total Chaos or Camburg or DirtKing with King coilovers. Not sure which kit though yet. Time to think about it.

Spindle gussets and cam gussets. Possibly coil bucket and frame reinforcement as well.

Front glass fenders from McNeil Racing. Because bad ass and need clearance for 35"s on LT

315/75r16 mud tires. Not sure which ones yet. Nitto trail, Toyo MT or Cooper STT pro or Goodyear MYR Kevlar. Kind of in that order right now.
2008 Black 4X4Runner SR5 V6, Total Chaos Race series 2" plus kit, King 700 lbs LT coilovers & MetalTech stage 5 LT rear, 315/75R16 KM2, Strike 6 16x8.5 -6 wheels , Demello offroad 3 hoop, 4X4Labs rear, ATO, RCI ,BudBuilt, Stubbs sliders, 4Crawler B/L 3/4", DynoMax , K&N , Speski barrier, sPOD, ARB CKM12, ARB locker front/rear 4.56 gears WMW roof rack
Darklight's Build
Unread 04-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #503
HOJeepster
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklight View Post
Make over 2017

So plans for the truck as of now are get Currie anti sway bar for rear that works with rear LT and doesn't limit travel. I drive fast In turns. It's not bad but noticeable to my passengers how much body lean and sway my truck has.

Project LT
After long debates I do not think it's worth it for me to move from midtravel set up to a plus 2" system. So 3.5" LT is the way I am going.

Front 3.5" LT Total Chaos or Camburg or DirtKing with King coilovers. Not sure which kit though yet. Time to think about it.

Spindle gussets and cam gussets. Possibly coil bucket and frame reinforcement as well.

Front glass fenders from McNeil Racing. Because bad ass and need clearance for 35"s on LT

315/75r16 mud tires. Not sure which ones yet. Nitto trail, Toyo MT or Cooper STT pro or Goodyear MYR Kevlar. Kind of in that order right now.
Go big or go home, I love it!
Unread 04-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #504
Wishbone
Senior Driver

Quote:
Make over 2017

Project LT

I approve. My suggestion is to complete all of the gusseting, fenders etc. prior to the LTing, so it is more likely to be plug and play with more travel and bigger tires, also you wont be pulling all the LT stuff again and again to do all of the other work. Also, a recommendation for DK, their products and customer service has been top notch to me.

Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #505
Darklight
Old Timer

Thanks for the advice. I do plan on having the spindles and cam gussets prior and getting the fenders first is a good idea too.
Camburg is the only one who uses a larger uniball. Theyre also the only ones who use heims in the lca.
Dirt King uses the derlin bushings
TC uses poly or upgradeable nylotron bushings.
I really like the TC race series but I also really like DK design and positive feed back from folks.
Darklight's Build
Unread 04-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #506
HOJeepster
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
I approve. My suggestion is to complete all of the gusseting, fenders etc. prior to the LTing, so it is more likely to be plug and play with more travel and bigger tires, also you wont be pulling all the LT stuff again and again to do all of the other work. Also, a recommendation for DK, their products and customer service has been top notch to me.
Side note - we are headed out to Poison Springs Canyon/Flint Trail tomorrow, rock on!
Unread 04-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #507
LTDSC
Driver

Quote:
Make over 2017

Project LT

definitely do cam gussets, spindle gussets & coil bucket gussets. These things flex so much under any stress.
LTDSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2017, 11:14 PM   #508
Wanderer
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDSC View Post
definitely do cam gussets, spindle gussets & coil bucket gussets. These things flex so much under any stress.
At what point do these things become necessary or at least recommended? I ask because I don't have long travel and I am only rolling 33's.
RCI skid plates; OPOR lower links, rock sliders, and link guards
SuperBump™ bumpstops front; Timbren Active Offroad rear
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #509
Darklight
Old Timer

Stage one in place

Headliner and sunroof assembly removed.

Untitled by Bobby Galeazzi, on Flickr

A lot of silicon caulk around the entire glass inside and out. Feels solid and doesn't budge.

Stage two: Then sound deadening b-quiet ultimate. Mocked up a bracket but not sure I really need it. Will do a test fit with the headliner first then cover glass with sound deadening.

Did three layers across the front closest to the windshield

over sunroof glass too

Picking up the non sunroof headliner today.

haha
Darklight's Build

Last edited by Darklight; 07-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Unread 04-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #510
Darklight
Old Timer

In a side note. Anyone have a good contact at down south Motorsports? Need to fully rebuild my rear LT Icon shocks. They're starting to make a lot of noise over bumps. High pitched squeak and clunk. Coming from where the shaft meets the shock body. Need to find a loaner pair of rear shocks to get these rebuilt.
Darklight's Build
Unread 04-13-2017, 07:39 PM   #511
LTDSC
Driver

Quote:
In a side note. Anyone have a good contact at down south Motorsports? Need to fully rebuild my rear LT Icon shocks. They're starting to make a lot of noise over bumps. High pitched squeak and clunk. Coming from where the shaft meets the shock body. Need to find a loaner pair of rear shocks to get these rebuilt.

Get in touch with Micah at DSM.
Unread 04-19-2017, 08:21 AM   #512
Darklight
Old Timer

Thanks I talked to Micah, and I talked to Icon and another shop. Did some tips for temp fixes and it turns out my shocks don't need to be serviced. The reservoir fitting is rubbing against the frame of my truck making a god awful noise. That's what it is! Easy fix right. Thankfully
Darklight's Build
Unread 04-19-2017, 08:29 AM   #513
Darklight
Old Timer

Stage 3
Headliner installed.
Everything went pretty well. I had to remove a couple of the subframe screws hat held the sunroof assembly on to the sides. The side rails should have been trimmed about 1/2-1/4" to make install a little easier. The overhead console light needed to have a mounting point fabbed up due to the 2 clips not reaching. They're about 2" to short in the same location. I think it's because of where the motor was in the sunroof and the headliner on the non sunroof dips down a hair more in that spot by the windshield. Odd right. I put a long self tapping screw through the inside the sunglasses holder to hold it in place. That worked great.
The second overhead light doesn't mount either. It lines up right where the sunroof lip is. I had to fab up a backing on the backside of the headliner to secure it. Used some mat from sound deadening and cut a few slots to slip the light mounts through. Worked great!

All said and done I am very happy with it. Looks factory and I have more head room now. A lot

bye bye sunroof

Darklight's Build

Last edited by Darklight; 07-26-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Unread 04-19-2017, 09:08 AM   #514
LTDSC
Driver

i might have to do this eventually as well. Im so tall and have minimal headroom in mine. How much headroom would you say you gained? I never use the sunroof either.
Unread 04-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #515
Darklight
Old Timer

It's totally worth it! The Toyota specs say it's almost 2" more headroom but it is more like 3.5"-4" . Before I couldn't put my hand on top of my head and between my head and the headliner now I can almost but the width of my hand between it.
Also, the sound deadening is totally worth it too! Can barely hear the rain we are having today and the acoustics and sound seem very improved inside the cabin now.
Darklight's Build
Unread 04-19-2017, 11:18 AM   #516
LTDSC
Driver

Quote:
It's totally worth it! The Toyota specs say it's almost 2" more headroom but it is more like 3.5"-4" . Before I couldn't put my hand on top of my head and between my head and the headliner now I can almost but the width of my hand between it.
Also, the sound deadening is totally worth it too! Can barely hear the rain we are having today and the acoustics and sound seem very improved inside the cabin now.
oh lawd, thats impressive! Right now my hair will hit the headliner as it is and some days it doesnt. But even 2" would be a complete life changer.

Remember i even lowered my brackets too!

Where did you find the headliner? Just a junkyard grab?

Last edited by LTDSC; 04-19-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Unread 04-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #517
A10MileHusker
Unlocked

Looks great Bobby! Nice work!
A10MileHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #518
momo.75
Driver

Nice work!
momo.75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #519
Darklight
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDSC View Post
oh lawd, thats impressive! Right now my hair will hit the headliner as it is and some days it doesnt. But even 2" would be a complete life changer.

Remember i even lowered my brackets too!

Where did you find the headliner? Just a junkyard grab?
Yeah man a junk yard. $117.00 with tax, Check out the link here it's nationwide search. The best one I could find

http://car-part.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10MileHusker View Post
Looks great Bobby! Nice work!
Thanks Doug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo.75 View Post
Nice work!
Thanks Morris!
Darklight's Build
Unread 05-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #520
Darklight
Old Timer

Let the fun begin

Darklight's Build

Last edited by Darklight; 07-26-2017 at 01:19 PM.