Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Outfitting

Unread 10-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
jdkilroy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit View Post
I think you forgot to add a WabFab Slider Adapter for Hi-Lift Jacks in there.

A Hi-Lift base comes in handy as well.
Both of these things would be handy but I ordered (and paid) for both from your company last May and I still haven't seen them ... (its almost November now)

2008 T4R SR5 V8 4WD
jdkilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #42
Teotwaki
Adventurer

Wabfab seems to have issues with delivering pre-paid goods:

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showt...=wabfab&page=2
Teotwaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #43
Natedog650
Rookie

I am always curious as to why no one uses "snatch blocks"? Essentially a pulley you run your winch cable through at the anchor point and back to your vehicle.

This dramatically reduces the power needed to pull you out or doubles the pulling power you have to extricate yourself or someone else and spreads the load over two or more lines rather than all the force on one cable.

Maybe only on larger vehicles? I used it in the Marines all the time on tanks, so 50-68 tons but haven't seen anyone really mention using it for offroading. too much hassle running twice the cable if you have a powerful enough winch I guess?
Natedog650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #44
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog650 View Post
I am always curious as to why no one uses "snatch blocks"? Essentially a pulley you run your winch cable through at the anchor point and back to your vehicle.

This dramatically reduces the power needed to pull you out or doubles the pulling power you have to extricate yourself or someone else and spreads the load over two or more lines rather than all the force on one cable.

Maybe only on larger vehicles? I used it in the Marines all the time on tanks, so 50-68 tons but haven't seen anyone really mention using it for offroading. too much hassle running twice the cable if you have a powerful enough winch I guess?

I have a Big ass ARB snatch block, with like a working load of 20k lbs.......and a tree saver, plus a bunch of d-rings and straps as standard recovery equipment.......but I can't remember if I've ever had to actually use it!
But, it's better to have it, and be prepared than to not!!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #45
bulldog
Admin

Most of the time the winch has enough power to extract these mid size vehicles. We have used snatch blocks quite a few times for recoveries, but mostly to change the angle from the winching vehicle to an anchor point to the recovered vehicle.

The other thing is that a snatch blocks slows down the winch speed by 2x as well when you double back to yourself, so unless you really need the pulling power not very much used.

Most lines are over 12k lbs and winches 9k lbs or better. So on vehicles weighing less than 6k lbs loaded not a huge requirement.

03 pavement princess
06 toaster
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote