Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Gallery > Gallery

Unread 03-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #101
norseman
Driver

Default Console Vault Install

Finally got around to install the console vault. This thing is pretty cool. Its alot safer than the glove box. Its one more deterrent from opportunist thievery.

I modified it a bit bay taking off the silly sicker, the finger tab and drilling a hole in it to accommodate my blue sea usb port.

hole drilled for the blue sea usb charger. primed but not painted yet.

usb cables

Final Install

'08 ltd v6 4x4|mica gray|1.25" spidertrax|285/65r18 toyo at II | fuel trophy wheels|1.5" 4crawler bl|body mount chop|icon billet uca|2.5 radflo front coilovers + rear shocks|all pro 3.5 rear coils|mt rear links|ss brake lines|dual odyssey w/ ibs|led in/exterior lights|hella supertones|demello front bumper|viair oba|weathertech liners. Das bauen
norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #102
Trik444
Driver

That's a really great addition! This may be a stupid question, but what's to stop someone from just picking up the entire safe and taking it? Can I assume there is a way to bolt that sucker into your center console?
Current: 2017 TRD Off-Road Premium - Magnetic Grey: 295/70/17 Toyo Open Country MT's - Radflo 2.5 front coilovers and rear shocks - 17" SCS F5 wheels - Light Racing UCA's, Metal Tech adjustable rear lower arms - Body Mount Chop - Spidertrax

Totaled (RIP): 2005 Sport Edition 4x4
Trik444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #103
norseman
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trik444 View Post
That's a really great addition! This may be a stupid question, but what's to stop someone from just picking up the entire safe and taking it? Can I assume there is a way to bolt that sucker into your center console?
yes, it is bolted in. look in your center console and you'll see the two bolts. you take those out and bolt the sucka in.
'08 ltd v6 4x4|mica gray|1.25" spidertrax|285/65r18 toyo at II | fuel trophy wheels|1.5" 4crawler bl|body mount chop|icon billet uca|2.5 radflo front coilovers + rear shocks|all pro 3.5 rear coils|mt rear links|ss brake lines|dual odyssey w/ ibs|led in/exterior lights|hella supertones|demello front bumper|viair oba|weathertech liners. Das bauen
Unread 04-04-2015, 07:53 AM   #104
norseman
Driver

Default Speski Cargo Barrier - Preview

Preview of the Speski Cargo Barrier before it goes to powder coating. 100 series LC up top and the lower two are for T4R's. Found out about this over on IH8Mud while dreaming about outfitting a LC. Looking at protecting the wee one when we head out to Overland Expo West this year and wheeling in northern NM.

Unread 04-04-2015, 08:21 AM   #105
norseman
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trik444 View Post
Yeah, here we go. I found an old install pic of the inside of the center console. You can see the two holes where the console vault is bolted into place.

Unread 04-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #106
Corbet
Rookie

You can find the barrier info here too.
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Speski
I've been around here for some time but don't hang out often as I don't own a 4R personally
Corbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2015, 06:01 PM   #107
HOJeepster
Driver

Norse - any more shots of the truck with the bumper on?
Unread 06-09-2015, 02:21 AM   #108
norseman
Driver

Not yet... Ill try to get some pics up here soon. I have to update about 5 mods, including the front bumper, but just have not had the time. Give me a few weeks.

I picked the Tundra tubing. Its really sleek looking. Welds look amazing. I have not installed a winch yet. That will be the true test.
Unread 08-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #109
norseman
Driver

Default Bluetooth Steering Wheel Mod

I saw this mod over at tacoma world and thoguht it was a great idea. <https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/bluetooth-steering-wheel-controls.51212/#post-982081>

Steering wheel with the blank on the right side.

Two parts - buttons and cables.

Removed the side caps

Placed the air bag/horn up on the top of the steering wheel. Other posts sated to disconnect the battery so the air bag would not go off. I have no idea if it coudl be triggered by doing this... but I went ahead and did it anyways.

Simply screwed everything in and reassemble it. EZ-PE-ZE.

Last edited by norseman; 03-13-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Unread 08-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #110
norseman
Driver

Default Eezi- Awn Series 2000 Awning

I purchased a Eezi-Awn 2000 series awning from Equipt1 a few months back. I am super impressed by the quality of the awning and the housing. It looks like it will last for many years to come and take some abuse. I have decided to mount it to my existing Yakima rack round bars. It was quite the challenge to figure out how to do so. I basically had to mount a bracket to a bracket and it works pretty well.

I first sized it up on where I wanted to mount it.

I then purchased the Rhino Rack ARB/TMJ awning brackets (31103) and the Eezi-Awn Series 2000 mounting brackets.

I was severely disappointed with the Rhino Rack brackets. These Chinese welds are simply awful.

I then took a hacksaw and cut off the end of the RR bracket and drilled another hole for the mounting bolt. I then primed, pained and mounted the two brackets together with SS hardware and nyloc nuts.

I don't have any pics of it... but I had to drill a pilot hole into the bottom of the awning housing and slide the Eezi-Awn bracket onto the housing. Here it is in use. It was such a godsend from that western sun.

Last edited by norseman; 09-06-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Unread 08-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #111
norseman
Driver

Default Speski Cargo Barrier

Installed this cargo barrier last April. Its taken me a while to find the free time to post pics. Overall I am very pleased with it. Some of the cons are the install process. Its very difficult to get everything lined up just right so you can bolt everything in. Its better for this to a be a two man job. It would also be better for the outside diameter to be closer to the window and roof liner. I feel there is too much of a gap in these areas for something to fly through if you were to roll the truck, gawd forbid.

Here is what it looked like when it arrive.

The kit all laid out.

Hardware.

Tools needed.

Removed these hanger/laundry brackets or whatever they are from the roof liner.

I first attempted to install the brackets and then bolt the barrier to that. It was a no go and was completely frustrating. I then bold the brackets to the barrier and bolted it in taht way. The hardest thing about this is getting it all to line up perfectly so you don't strip the threads.

Final Install.

Last edited by norseman; 02-13-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Unread 08-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #112
norseman
Driver

Default Demello Offroad Front Bumper

Reserved
Unread 08-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #113
norseman
Driver

Default Fuel Wheels and Toyo Tires

I decided to ditch the OEM wheels and upgrade to some new tires. I chose the Fuel Offroad Trophy Series. I was super excited when they got here...

... then not so much. I wish there was some info on Fuels website about them being fabbed in China. I was also thinking about the Stealth Custom Series SR8's.

Here are some pavement pics from a recent family camping trip. I put soem Toyo Open Country AT II's on there. They are 285/65R18. LOTS of trimming and beating back the pinch weld were required to decrease the rubbing.

Last edited by norseman; 08-30-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 08-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #114
norseman
Driver

Default Propane Tank

I purchased a 5 gallon propane tank and an AT Overland bracket. I was able to mount it onto the Curt Manufacturing Spare tire hitch mount. This set-up allows me to run a Cook Partners stove, also purchased from AT Overland, on our adventures. It is well protected behind the spare tire mount.

Here was the first step to determine if it would all fit.

Then came the install

and the use out in the field.

When the time comes to incorporate a steel rear bumper I will simply have CBI add this to the swing arm. It look beautiful on this 80 series LC.

Last edited by norseman; 08-30-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Unread 02-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #115
norseman
Driver

Default Icon Billet UCA Upgrade

I upgraded my UCA's a few weeks back. Metal Tech had an Icon Black Friday sale that could not be passed up. I installed the camburgs 2 - 3 years ago and have never been a big fan of them. They were noisy, constantly needed lube and since I live on a dirt road the uniballs had to be cleaned every 10 minutes. I am hoping the top cap on the Icons helps keep the uniball cleaner on a daily basis.

Out with the old Camburgs.

The uniball/tapered adapter was so stiff and impossible to move such that it could be lined up with the spindle. I found it easier to seat the tapered adapter in the spindle and move it to the desired angle before installing the OEM pivot bolt.

Then once I knew the orientation was somewhat on I installed the pivot bolt through the heim spacers and torqued it down to the recommended 100ft/lbs

Next came placing the tapered adapter into the spindle. Once the proper orientation was established I torqued the 9/16th nyloc nut and washer down to 75 ft/lbs.

Then I had to install the 1/2 inch 12 point bolt into the upper dome of the uniball and torque it down to 50 ft/lbs..

Lastly installed the dust cap and speedometer wire with a M6 x 1 hex bolt. The M6 hex bolt did not come with the kit and I had to purchase it separately. Icon expects you to use the OEM bolt but I lost it.

Unread 02-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #116
HOJeepster
Driver

Excellent updates, still one of my favorites. Those new rims and tires look badass!
Unread 02-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #117
norseman
Driver

'ppreciate it. yeah, saw the cbi tacoma in person and really liked their wheel/tire combo.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/g...-offroad-taco/

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/cbi-tac...esfuel-wheels/

i was also eyeing the stealth custom series but there were none in the 18 inch version. the dark bronze look amazing though. now it is time to drool over some demello hybrid sliders.
Unread 02-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #118
norseman
Driver

HOJeepster today has been totally insane. Here we are talking about this tire/wheel combo and the CBI Taco I saw it on only to have the same truck pull into my local coffee shop hours later. I thought this thing was living out in Idaho. Talked to the new owners today and they seem like great folks. This is a CBI gem.

Unread 02-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #119
HOJeepster
Driver

sweet coincidence!
Unread 02-15-2016, 04:40 PM   #120
T-man
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman View Post
HOJeepster today has been totally insane. Here we are talking about this tire/wheel combo and the CBI Taco I saw it on only to have the same truck pull into my local coffee shop hours later. I thought this thing was living out in Idaho. Talked to the new owners today and they seem like great folks. This is a CBI gem.

I want those rims!

2005 Toyota 4Runner, Sport Edition, V8, K&N filter, Doug Thorley headers, custom dual exhaust, Bilstein 5100's, Tacoma TRD front coils, FJ Cruiser rear coils, Rear Daystar 1.5" lift, 2.5" 4crawler Body Lift, removed Sway-Bars, removed mud flaps, removed running boards, chopped body mount, 315/70-R17 Hankook Dynapro MT*
6" lift in front, 4.5" lift in rear.
2005 Toyota 4Runner, Sport Edition, V8, K&N filter, straight pipe exhaust, Bilstein 5100's, Rear Daystar 1.5" lift and FJ coils, 2.5" RB Body Lifit, removed Sway-Bars, removed mud flaps, removed running boards, chopped body mount, 315/70-R17 Hankook Dynapro MT
T-man is offline   Reply With Quote