Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning

Unread 08-17-2022, 12:14 PM   #1
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Talking My Annual Sept Mojave Road trip. Sept 16-18 2022

My Annual Sept Mojave Road trip. Sept 16-18 2022

Not that anyone here seems to give a shlt anymore.....or after 20 years.......for some reason have just abandoned this awesome website and resource........but, yes, my favorite trip is next month. I would have posted it up sooner, but kept forgetting, as I'm probably just going to go by myself and have a good time, and whomever wants to join can join!

Anyway, it's going to be a little rougher trip with large parts of the Mojave Preserve still closed after all of the brutal monsoon rains that have hit it, but it will be something different with all of the road closures and washed out roads (Mojave Road included in spots) within the Mojave National Preserve!

Anyway, the usual three day trip, plus for anyone that wants to join me, I will also be staying out for a few extra days at one of the cabins.......most likely the Geer cabin.

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

So, come out, don't come out........I'll be there either way!!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2022, 10:48 AM   #2
Ludedude
Super Moderator

I just started a new gig, so not sure I can commit to the time off yet, but I'll keep you updated.
Gone but not forgotten
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2022, 02:08 PM   #3
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludedude View Post
I just started a new gig, so not sure I can commit to the time off yet, but I'll keep you updated.

Wait what??? Another new gig?! What happened to the big one you just got a few months ago?
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
Unread 08-22-2022, 12:23 PM   #4
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

I'm Soooooo confused as to what the hell happened to everyone that Used to frequent what for years, has been the #1 Toyota forum online!! I get it that everyone are more busier than ever, me included, and I'm not always on either, but damn people!!!!!

This is just pathetic!!!! I post these trips up, as believe it or not, people still love going out on the Mojave Road trip...... Is everyone dead? Did you all sell your trucks as it's too expensive for gas in Commiefornia? WTF is going on?!

Well, guess I'll try and post this up on another forum, which makes me sad.......as again.......there's been soo many cool people on here, but who the fu(k knows where they all went?!

Anyway, go, don't go............but I would like to see at least some of y'all come back out to play!!!
Unread 08-22-2022, 02:47 PM   #5
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Ok, seeing that everyone has dropped off of the face of the planet, I've also posted this up on Overland Bound as well.
Unread 08-25-2022, 01:13 AM   #6
Ludedude
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
Wait what??? Another new gig?! What happened to the big one you just got a few months ago?
Yep. Things werenít as I had been led to believe. No big deal, landed somewhere else.
Gone but not forgotten
Ludedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2022, 08:42 AM   #7
05sport4x4
Senior Driver

Hey Robert, Glad you are going out on your trip next month. I know I have some things going on and will not be able to make it.

It is sad that interest in this site is so low. It will be even a sadder day when this is all gone at the end of the year, so much information will be lost.

05 4Runner Sport V6 - General Grabber ATX 275/70/17, Donahoe Adj C/O', Custom rear colis, Radflo rear shocks, Hanna sliders
89 Extra Cab 4x4 Pickup, with stuff
05sport4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #8
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sport4x4 View Post
Hey Robert, Glad you are going out on your trip next month. I know I have some things going on and will not be able to make it.

It is sad that interest in this site is so low. It will be even a sadder day when this is all gone at the end of the year, so much information will be lost.

It's sad and really, pathetic. This has been the #1 Toyota tech and off road site for 20 years......we've made a lot of friends here, but now how will people, especially us old timers......hook up when we need something, want to plan a trip that quite frankly, everybody should want to on, and socialize with like minded people?!
And soooooo much info......20 years worth.....just to piss it all away!

I used to have so many people come out, I had to apply and pay for National Park special permits just to be in compliance.......and yet everybody goes into a fu(king hole now when anyone posts up a trip. I wanted to go to BB last year, but in was right around the same time as my trip, and I couldn't do both. Remember when we had 15-25 trucks show up to the BBB's?! I've had as many as 20 trucks for my Mojave trips too......Mark was on that one!!! Haven't heard from his ass in a while neither!! It's the Commiefornia Dems screwing it up for the whole world I think! Lol!!

Anyway, seems like this trip planning thread is a big rant session for me now!! But, again.......anyone can come out, with all of the road closures and now non-existent roads.......it should be yet Another epic trip!!! But, either way......I'm going, I'm not going to beg people to come out and have a good time anymore, fu(k em!
So, if after my trip, no one hears back from me........I'm probably stuck out there somewhere!!! Lol!!! No worries, between the two fridges, I'll have enough food for at least a few weeks!!!!
Unread 09-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #9
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

I mean, come on people......did everyone just Die or what?? I never got any notices for attending funerals or anything.........this is so overwhelmingly disturbing that people have just disappeared......even most of the old timers, which is even worse.......

I'm not begging anyone to go, I really don't care anymore.......as apparently neither does anyone else! But, should anyone like to Rise from their Graves and meet me out there, feel free to let me know.......because I'm going!!!!
Unread 09-10-2022, 01:09 AM   #10
Carmello
Rookie

[quote=my034runner;216520]I mean, come on people......did everyone just Die or what?? I never got any notices for attending funerals or anything.........this is so overwhelmingly disturbing that people have just disappeared......even most of the old timers, which is even worse.......

People are using other platforms and social media rather than old school forums like this. I haven't visited this forum since 2015.
Carmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2022, 12:53 PM   #11
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

[quote=Carmello;216522]
Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
I mean, come on people......did everyone just Die or what?? I never got any notices for attending funerals or anything.........this is so overwhelmingly disturbing that people have just disappeared......even most of the old timers, which is even worse.......

People are using other platforms and social media rather than old school forums like this. I haven't visited this forum since 2015.

Yeah, that's too bad, I Don't care about Unsocial media, could care less. You had a whole 1 post prior to this, you're at 2 now.......so, thanks for playing. We've had this up for almost 20 years, and there's a Ton of tech, trip and off road info on here. I Don't see the relevance of unsocial media vs a forum like this!
Unread 09-18-2022, 06:10 PM   #12
Darklight
Old Timer

If I was out west I would come. Wanted to for years just never can make it out of my area with life happening while we make other plans.

It really does suck to realize this forum will be gone soon! It is and has always been a major resource for this platforms tech and some awesome people.

All I know is this fast pace life style the world is leading everyone into is full of so much stuff it leads all astray. Donít forget to get lost a little in the woods!

Look up to the stars Iíll be smiling at them tonight

Bobby
2008 Lunar Rock 4X4Runner SR5 V6, Total Chaos Race series 2" plus kit, King 700 lbs LT coilovers & MetalTech stage 5 LT rear, 315/75R16 KM2, Strike 6 16x8.5 -6 wheels , Demello offroad 3 hoop, 4X4Labs rear, ATO, RCI ,BudBuilt, Stubbs sliders, 4Crawler B/L 3/4", DynoMax , K&N , Speski barrier, sPOD, ARB CKM12, ARB locker front/rear 4.56 gears WMW roof rack
Darklight's Build
Darklight is offline   Reply With Quote