Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Outfitting

Unread 07-31-2014, 01:15 AM   #281
907Kenia
Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrag View Post
Don't get your hopes up.
Croz (OP) has decided to end this project. Which is unfortunate because this is a badass bumper. It's also unfortunate that he won't release his plans so that DIY'ers could build it locally. If he is concerned about someone making money off his hard work I would happily sign a non-compete and make a donation. I asked as much but never received a response. :shrug
Dude He should totally release his plans with a discloser saying if you sell his plans to anyone he would be able to sew and make twice as much...
Does anyone have a bumper that they could take some photos of at all the angles with a tape measure?
907Kenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #282
Mikestang
Don't follow this guy

I don't think he's into sewing. Knitting maybe, but not sewing.
'07 Ltd 4Runner v8 4x4 - Midland 75-822 + Wilson 5000, Garmin 276c, Magnaflow catback, Kurtfab front diff brace, 265/70/17 Goodyear ATA on Robby Gordon Signatures, Spidertrax, 3/4" BL, BajaRack, 2wd sway, Icon front, Overland Warehouse rear, Kurtfab v2.1 LCAs, MedicLinks, Slee SS lines, BB skids, Demello sliders & LCA ramps, All-Pro diff guard, TC full gusseted front, SW bumper
www.mikestang.com
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #283
Emelianenkov
Rookie

Default Crozfab "bolt-on" rear bumper

Any option to purchase the CAD drawings for a single use type deal with a non-competition contract?

Last edited by Emelianenkov; 12-10-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Emelianenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #284
nitrag
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelianenkov View Post
Any option to purchase the CAD drawings for a single use type deal with a non-competition contract?
+1

Just bought welder to put on sliders. I want the pride and joy of doing front and rear bumper myself too.

I would happily pay $100 for these plans, even more if after I get the steel cut/delivered and there is leftover in budget. I would like to get the steel cut and delivered for $500-600.

We could also crowdfund and if we reach a $ goal then release the plans.

Croz, you could make few grand here.....please!
Unread 12-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #285
NoWayOut
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrag View Post

We could also crowdfund and if we reach a $ goal then release the plans.

Croz, you could make few grand here.....please!
This sounds like a great idea. Come on Croz, you can make some money off this and not have any responsibility or ties.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #286
Emelianenkov
Rookie

Default Crozfab "bolt-on" rear bumper

I like plans for $100

Where does one send plans to make pieces of a bumper magically appear in the mail?
Emelianenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #287
Crozhawk
PRO ROCK 60s

Hey guys, sorry I haven't responded, I haven't really been on the boards much at all for the last few months.

The plans I have are Caad drawings. I don't even have the software to open them. The problem with this bumper is that you must modify the side moldings as well because the bumper fits closer in the back. Modifying the bumper cover (side moldings) is quite expensive and I don't really have a way to instruct you on how to modify them.

I am finally retiring from the military in a couple weeks and heading to Austin, Texas (for good). My brother lives there and is an architect. ...he MAY have software that can open the file and we could maybe play with the drawings some.

Ideally for what you guys are asking for, it would be best to extend the rear of the bumper about an inch to allow for just basic trimming of the rear bumper cover to suffice, (meaning you wouldn't have to modify them after you just trimmed them). This would be similar to the first bumper I made but still be tucked up a little higher like the current one.

Once I get to Texas, I'll see if my brother has the software to open/modify the plans I have.

Solid Axle Conversion
Crozhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2015, 11:25 PM   #288
preacher35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozhawk View Post
Hey guys, sorry I haven't responded, I haven't really been on the boards much at all for the last few months.

The plans I have are Caad drawings. I don't even have the software to open them. The problem with this bumper is that you must modify the side moldings as well because the bumper fits closer in the back. Modifying the bumper cover (side moldings) is quite expensive and I don't really have a way to instruct you on how to modify them.

I am finally retiring from the military in a couple weeks and heading to Austin, Texas (for good). My brother lives there and is an architect. ...he MAY have software that can open the file and we could maybe play with the drawings some.

Ideally for what you guys are asking for, it would be best to extend the rear of the bumper about an inch to allow for just basic trimming of the rear bumper cover to suffice, (meaning you wouldn't have to modify them after you just trimmed them). This would be similar to the first bumper I made but still be tucked up a little higher like the current one.

Once I get to Texas, I'll see if my brother has the software to open/modify the plans I have.
Well, those of us in Texas will be glad to have you!
preacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #289
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Texas?!?! I thought you were going to retire in the Great Southwest......like AZ?!
I think we were all hoping you'd stay out this way.....you have a Lot of fans out here bro!
Congrats on your retirement though, and thank you for your service to us all!!!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #290
BlairB
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozhawk View Post
I am finally retiring from the military in a couple weeks and heading to Austin, Texas (for good).
Congrats, and thanks for your service!

2008 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD V6- Long Travel, Expo Rig Build Thread
2017 Tundra TRD Pro

2007 Porsche Cayman
BlairB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #291
edwardvmassey
Rookie

Definitely interested in getting that CAD file from you (got architects in the family). Do you have any plans that have the corners seen here:
edwardvmassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2015, 02:27 PM   #292
SidVicious
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvmassey View Post
Definitely interested in getting that CAD file from you (got architects in the family). Do you have any plans that have the corners seen here:
The corners in this photo are just line-x on the stock plastic bumper cover. They are not metal.
Suspension: DR C/O ~ DR Shocks ~ IVD Coils ~ Medic Links Wheels/Tires: 1.25" Spidertrax Spacers ~ Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/65/18 More: DO Front Bumper ~ Shrockworks Sliders ~ Slee Brake Lines ~ Nav in Motion ~ National Luna Dual Battery Kit ~ DieHard Platinum PM-1/PM-2 ~ Blue Sea Fuse Block - ARB Fridge
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #293
unevolved
Rookie

Is this design lost to the ages? I'd be willing to help with any engineering work, if needed.
Unread 04-13-2017, 02:57 PM   #294
chiplee
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by unevolved View Post
Is this design lost to the ages? I'd be willing to help with any engineering work, if needed.
It's mounted on my rig and holding up great. A couple welds finally cracked after years of abuse, but I haven't repaired them yet and it hasn't fallen off. I'm thinking about trying to use the thing as the core for a plate bumper fab project.
'04 LTD V8 4x4 | King Resi CO's | Budbuilt Skids | DO Bumper | Icon UCA's | 4.88's | Rear ARB Locker | Crozfab tire carrier & rack | 1.5" BL | DO Sliders | 35" Toyos | Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch | Borla Exhaust |
chiplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #295
thedaddybadger
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvmassey View Post
is that your rig, or just a pic you found?
- MARKETING & WEBSITES: MarketPros
- OVERLAND CREW: Peach State Overland
thedaddybadger is offline   Reply With Quote