Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Classifieds > For Sale Members

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default AFE stage 2 intake

AFE stage 2 intake with dry filter, does not require oiling like K&N filters do. THIS INTAKE IS ONLY FOR 2003 TO 2009 4TH GEN V6 4RUNNER, 05 TO CURRENT V6 TACOMA'S AND FJ CRUISERS. Intake is in great condition. Paid $410 new, asking for $300 shipped (only in US)and will consider delivering if local.

Sorry only picture I have of the Intake

Last edited by BajaRnnr; 09-04-2010 at 09:12 AM.
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
medic83
Solid Axle Beast
 
medic83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 2,796
Default

Whats the difference in the stage 2??. Is the Stage 2 better or something?
__________________
05 SE 4x4 V6 Black

Last edited by medic83; 09-02-2010 at 07:35 PM.
medic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Yes the stage 2 is better than yours. The stage 2 is a fresh air system basically functioning very much like a ram air system, where yours is a closed system. Mine will draw in cooler denser air than yours will. Also mine has a larger dry filter where I believe your filter has to be oiled every time you clean it. You must have bought yours used or it was the lowest stage system, because TRD products are usually more expensive. I imagine if mine had that TRD logo on it I would have paid about $400 or more for those 3 red letters.
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
medic83
Solid Axle Beast
 
medic83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 2,796
Default

Brand new... stage 5
__________________
05 SE 4x4 V6 Black
medic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

I was looking at yours it draws air from only one place, the fender, where mine draws air from 2 locations.
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
medic83
Solid Axle Beast
 
medic83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaRnnr View Post
I was looking at yours it draws air from only one place, the fender, where mine draws air from 2 locations.
Ok... gotcha.. Ive seen yours. it has a big a$$ hole in the front of the box right? I thought the sound of the closed off box was too quiet, so i left the lid off... I call it the stage one to stage 5 mod
__________________
05 SE 4x4 V6 Black
medic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic83 View Post
Ok... gotcha.. Ive seen yours. it has a big a$$ hole in the front of the box right? I thought the sound of the closed off box was too quiet, so i left the lid off... I call it the stage one to stage 5 mod
hahaha no, it has a slot in the bottom of the box behind the grille. I can only imagine how annoyingly loud your intake must be. I bet your passenger is def in one ear at the end of a trail run
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Bump for a buyer
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

bump for a good deal
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #10
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer
 
the_josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 4,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaRnnr View Post
Yes the stage 2 is better than yours. The stage 2 is a fresh air system basically functioning very much like a ram air system, where yours is a closed system. Mine will draw in cooler denser air than yours will. Also mine has a larger dry filter where I believe your filter has to be oiled every time you clean it. You must have bought yours used or it was the lowest stage system, because TRD products are usually more expensive. I imagine if mine had that TRD logo on it I would have paid about $400 or more for those 3 red letters.
i have the Afe stage 2 like you-

just to clarify it is not a ram air style. the extra inlet on the bottom is open to the engine bay yes but there is no forced air entering the air box- the afe stage 2 and the trd are identical with the exception of the the extra air inlet. the filters are also the same. i have seen phil's in person and compared it to mine. i also oil mine regularly just like the trd.
__________________
2004 4Runner Sport // Curried & ARB Locked D60 4.88's // A Bunch of other Doo-Dads
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer
 
the_josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 4,178
Default

why the heck are you selling it???

its a great intake
__________________
2004 4Runner Sport // Curried & ARB Locked D60 4.88's // A Bunch of other Doo-Dads
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
i have the Afe stage 2 like you-

just to clarify it is not a ram air style. the extra inlet on the bottom is open to the engine bay yes but there is no forced air entering the air box- the afe stage 2 and the trd are identical with the exception of the the extra air inlet. the filters are also the same. i have seen phil's in person and compared it to mine. i also oil mine regularly just like the trd.
I'm not saying it's a ram air, but it functions similar to a ram air induction system. No their not the same. Mine has a larger filter and it doesn't require oiling like yours and Phils. I'm selling it cause I need money since my last pay check was cut in half. Not enough time on the books to keep my pay check 100%. Hoping I can get back to work ASAP.
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer
 
the_josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 4,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaRnnr View Post
I'm not saying it's a ram air, but it functions similar to a ram air induction system. No their not the same. Mine has a larger filter and it doesn't require oiling like yours and Phils. I'm selling it cause I need money since my last pay check was cut in half. Not enough time on the books to keep my pay check 100%. Hoping I can get back to work ASAP.
mine has the large filter also, and mine doesnt require oiling- ive noticed more of a benefit from it when i do.


hope you can pawn it off, its a good product
__________________
2004 4Runner Sport // Curried & ARB Locked D60 4.88's // A Bunch of other Doo-Dads
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
mine has the large filter also, and mine doesnt require oiling- ive noticed more of a benefit from it when i do.


hope you can pawn it off, its a good product
You guys aren't helping posting negative feedback.

I think $300 shipped in the US is fair.
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #15
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer
 
the_josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 4,178
Default

im not being negative at all, just informative


i think its a good price too!
__________________
2004 4Runner Sport // Curried & ARB Locked D60 4.88's // A Bunch of other Doo-Dads
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #16
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Bump......... somebody must want it
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #17
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Bump for a buyer
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer
 
the_josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 4,178
Default

what the updated price?
__________________
2004 4Runner Sport // Curried & ARB Locked D60 4.88's // A Bunch of other Doo-Dads
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
what the updated price?
$300 shipped............
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #20
BajaRnnr
Rock magnet
 
BajaRnnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 33.97668, -117.72055
Posts: 3,377
Default

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!! new price $290 shipped.
BajaRnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Those With The AFE Cold Air Intake That Need Smog Soon... the_josh 4th Gen 4Runner & Hilux Surf 29 04-24-2013 10:43 PM
Just ordered my AFE intake today. BoOZ nG 4th Gen 4Runner & Hilux Surf 18 10-05-2009 04:56 PM
WTB: TRD or AFE intake for 4th Gen 4Runner 4.0 V-6 4RunnerFourplay Items Wanted by Members 0 06-30-2009 01:24 PM
Cold air intake help Bad Karma 4th Gen 4Runner & Hilux Surf 20 05-16-2009 02:27 AM
AFE Stage 2 CAI Blackhawk 4th Gen 4Runner & Hilux Surf 1 05-13-2008 09:19 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2013 Toyota120.com