Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Suspension and Tires

Unread 08-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #21
blight1234
Driver

whats you guys gas mileage for any of the V6 guys?
blight1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
blight1234
Driver

Also if i was to get 2.0 lift would i need anything extra like brake lines or anything like that?
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #23
blight1234
Driver

Last thing for now is if I keep mystock 18's what size tire can I run?
Unread 08-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #24
Sledgehammer
Wanderer

Forum etiquette: If you are going to post multiple questions in a row, just edit your first post in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blight1234 View Post
whats you guys gas mileage for any of the V6 guys?
I usually get 15-17 mpg depending on the amount of city/highway driving.

Quote:
Also if i was to get 2.0 lift would i need anything extra like brake lines or anything like that?
I didn't install extended brake lines and haven't had any problems. Maybe some of the others on here have more insight on this.

Quote:
Last thing for now is if I keep mystock 18's what size tire can I run?
You could easily run 275/65/R18 tires, which are about 32" tall without any major trimming. It may be worth picking up a set of 17" FJ wheels to cut down on the cost of tires though. Tires for 18" rims are generally more expensive. A lot of the guys run 33" at a minimum and have to trim a little more from the inner fenders.

Last edited by Sledgehammer; 08-05-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #25
Dark Ninja
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
I have the Overland Warehouse 2.0 kit. This is when I first installed it. It rides great on road and does really well off road.

Also, here is a video from this weekend. You can see that the OW kit performs well.

Nice driving! I think I may be sold on the OW/2.0 kit. The lift looks and performs great! Thanks for sharing!
Unread 08-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #26
Blowout
Senior Driver

Quote:
Looking to lift my 08 urban runner. I think that I am going to go with the OME HD kit but I wanted to get some feedback from everyone and see which lift would be best for me. Any feedback will help alot. Also would buying a used kit be a bad purchace?
How long do you expect to keep the 4runner?

If a few years only, I recommend not to spend much for the lift and second hand would be OK.

If you expect to drive it till the doors fall off, then invest in something your really want.

I like to anticipate those years w/o a car payment as an upside to justify investing in upgrades now. For instance: In 5 years you will probably need new shocks all around. Why not invest in what you really want now instead of what you will need to get later? When you get an upgraded package now you can shop around and get the best price because you are not under pressure to fix a current problem.

Now you need to practice this over and over until you can say this with conviction to your wife so she will say "That makes sense". Flowers help too...
2006 SR5 V8, DR front and rear, Camburg UCA, 17x9 ProComp 8107, 285/70/17 Procomp Xtreme M/T, SW sliders, Curt front trailer hitch, front/rear removable Smitty 8k winch, dual batteries, Baja rack, Airlift 1000, HID - high, low, fog, DIY front (disconnect) and rear (fixed) end links, LED backup, pin striped by manzanita and buck brush...
Blowout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #27
Bahnstoermer
Driver

I tow a boat that's about 4500lb tow weight and need rear suspension that won't be "nose up" with a few hundred pounds of tongue weight... how will the OW 2.0 setup handle this, or would EMU medium be better?

Last edited by Bahnstoermer; 08-06-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Bahnstoermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #28
Blowout
Senior Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnstoermer View Post
I tow a boat and need rear suspension that won't be "nose up" with a few hundred pounds of tongue weight... how will the OW 2.0 setup handle this, or would EMU medium be better?
One option - You could add airbags to the coils - Airlift1000. Keeps the butt from drooping when you add weight. That way you can have a softer ride when unloaded and air up when towing. I have these bags and they have worked well for me when towing or just loading up the back.

I have a single air stem to fill with and the articulation of the rear axle doesn't seem to be affected when I tested it on a ramp.
2006 SR5 V8, DR front and rear, Camburg UCA, 17x9 ProComp 8107, 285/70/17 Procomp Xtreme M/T, SW sliders, Curt front trailer hitch, front/rear removable Smitty 8k winch, dual batteries, Baja rack, Airlift 1000, HID - high, low, fog, DIY front (disconnect) and rear (fixed) end links, LED backup, pin striped by manzanita and buck brush...
Blowout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
Sledgehammer
Wanderer

Quote:
I tow a boat that's about 4500lb tow weight and need rear suspension that won't be "nose up" with a few hundred pounds of tongue weight... how will the OW 2.0 setup handle this, or would EMU medium be better?
Do you already tow the boat with stock suspension?
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #30
Bahnstoermer
Driver

Yeah and it's fantastic but people flash me at night, it squats too much.

I know about air bags, maybe a temporary solution but it'd be too much hassle to always inflate deflate as I tow frequent but short trips with lots of no towing in between. I dunno, maybe i could find a pressure i could just leave it at....The OME suspension on my Montero Sport was perfect - little high unloaded, little low loaded but no one flashing me thinking my high beams were on. Wondering if anyone has a setup they've had this experience with...

Last edited by Bahnstoermer; 08-06-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #31
bulldog
Admin

Quote:
The 2.0 full kit comes with everything needed. Just tell us you order # and screen name and we include the coilover adjustment wrench. Our price even includes free shipping in the US48 for a complete experience.

Quote:
The 2.5 kit shocks are valved a bit better for heavier loads, but the 2.0 is a nice step up from stock and will improve towing experience over a stock setup. Our coils are firmer than stock, but not so firm that with no extra weight in the back the ride gets harsh.

Quote:
Yeah and it's fantastic but people flash me at night, it squats too much.

I know about air bags, maybe a temporary solution but it'd be too much hassle to always inflate deflate as I tow frequent but short trips with lots of no towing in between. I dunno, maybe i could find a pressure i could just leave it at....The OME suspension on my Montero Sport was perfect - little high unloaded, little low loaded but no one flashing me thinking my high beams were on. Wondering if anyone has a setup they've had this experience with...
You can adjust the front to not lift as much with the OW coilovers. We can also supply rear coils that are taller for people with heavier loads. With our coils the rear only sags 1" with 400-450 lbs of rear axle weight, which is a nice step up from stock.

2019 Low Rider
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #32
Bahnstoermer
Driver

Thanks for the input gentlemen...

Tags
lift, urban runner