Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Shared tech > Suspension and Tires

Unread 04-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Mephisto
Driver

Default Leveling issue, not sure what is wrong.

Hello all. Today I decided to check my driver side vs passenger side suspension lift / height, always looked little off when looking from front of the car. Here is what I have, any help is greatly appreciated.

My setup is ICON stage 6, from store nothing was changed.

Driver side, I am about 1-inch lower when compared to passenger side on front only. This was measured from ground up to top of wheel well, and from top of wheel to wheel well.

I have checked both front coil-overs and they have identical lift. I did this by counting number of threads showing from top down, and by measuring distance from top of coil-over to adjustment ring.

My rear height is same on both sides. Also my frame height (under car) is same on both sides. I checked at half point on frame.

This was my attempt to fix this issue:

What I have done to level sides is I raised driver side by 1-inch, adjusted front coil-over. I have left passenger side unchanged. Now my front suspension setup is 2-inches on driver side and 1-inch on passenger side.

My concern, help needed: Is this bad way of having this issue addressed, having one side of coil-over lifted more?

Any suggestions, advices, or more information needed, please let me know.
Thank you all.

M
Mephisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
daron-t4r
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post

My concern, help needed: Is this bad way of having this issue addressed, having one side of coil-over lifted more?

M
Sounds legitimate to me. The left side of the vehicle is heavier, so sometimes people have one CO more lifted than the other anyway.
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
Mephisto
Driver

Daron-t4r, thank you. I honestly did not / do not know, I thought both sides should be equally lifted from coilover view. I did not want to "over load" one side and make it fail or something.

I am assuming as long as frame is leveled, I can play with suspension as I wish, within limits of design?
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
UnionJack
Old Timer

As mentioned, a lot of people crank down the drivers side to eliminate the left side lean and some have also put spacer in the rear on the driver side that was lower than the passenger side. But if the rear is level don't worry about it.

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
FJFJFJ
Driver

i had the same problem, but i cranked the driver side almost 1" more than the passenger side. when you measure make sure measure form the wheel lip to the fender well and also check measure the ground to the frame, best point on the frame is the body mount.
BFG 265/70-17 AT KO, All-Pro HD Adj rear uper/lower links kit, OW 2.5 Full kit, medic link, spider trax, K&N intake kit. Kurt Diff bracket. Demello Hybrid bolt on slider. Shockworks Bumper. Bud full bottom + SS diff cover.Warn 9.5 XP with Master Pull XD rope. Front sway off, 2 ARB High Intensity LED.Flowmaster SS exhaut kit.
FJFJFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
tweakeraz
Driver

Lookup the rear spacer addition to the rear drivers side. I believe Photog figured it out.

Basically,you are adding just one 1.5 inch Daystar spacer to the rear drivers side coil.

There are a few that have done this. Once i did it,it did raise the rear a tad overall,but i was also able to lower the front drivers coilover back down to match the passenger front coilover and level the truck. No more driver's side lean.

On my phone or i would post a direct link.

Hope it leads you in the right direction.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
08 Limited V8 4wd - Titanium - ICON F/R, ICON UCA's, 1/2" BL, BFG 285/70/17 TA KO on on Method Standard 17 x8.5 wheels, WabFab links, Rear Spacer (Corrected "The Lean"), HID kit, Driver side grab handle, Speedohealer, Rola Rack
Mods coming soon: Who knows... preferably comms of some sort.
tweakeraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
tweakeraz
Driver

Here you go.

This I think is the topic.

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19856

Read from the beginning. I think Photog has another link within the post. All in all, it was helpful and worked for me too.
08 Limited V8 4wd - Titanium - ICON F/R, ICON UCA's, 1/2" BL, BFG 285/70/17 TA KO on on Method Standard 17 x8.5 wheels, WabFab links, Rear Spacer (Corrected "The Lean"), HID kit, Driver side grab handle, Speedohealer, Rola Rack
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Mephisto
Driver

Thank you all for great information. I will start looking for part:kt09118bk for my car. Thank you for link, it sure explains it all very nicely.

Hopefully last question, these spacer, do they fit all rear coils, I have ICON ones and not sure if they are the same?
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
tweakeraz
Driver

I am running ICON as well and had no issues. It's a little snug, but i quick hit to the ground before installing solved it. Beside, the weight of the vehicle will do the rest.
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #10
Mephisto
Driver

Thank you all for help. I have installed 1.5" spacer and car is leveled as it should be. Install was pita, as I had to compress spring and tight it down while on the car, used "tons" of plastic tie-wraps and 2x 10000 lbs tie-down adjustable strings. After lowering it all down, spacer slid in easy.

Once again, thank you all.
M

Tags
leveling, lift, suspension