Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > General Tech > Tacoma & Hilux

Unread 07-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
adamjohnson
Rookie

Default Toyota Hilux Vigo

Hi

I have a few questions about my Hilux Vigo using a 1kd d4d engine

1. I notice Exssive oil in my turbo and inter-cooler can you say what could have caused the oil to be there.

2. How will I be able to say if the turbo is damage.

3. Can the turbo be repaired using a rebuild kit?

4. When I check at the back of the inter-cooler a small holes was not attached and the vehicle would have driven 600km like that. Would that hose not attached have an effect on my turbo?

5. When driving with the hose not attached the vehicle could not make it pass 90kmph (speed) felt is though I was losing power can you say if the hose was the cause or turbo?

Tags: hyundai hd72, toyota altis 2016, hyundai county

Last edited by adamjohnson; 07-27-2016 at 08:03 AM.
adamjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #2
GreenThumb
Rookie

1. Oil in your intercooler can be a common sight on turbo charged engines. Don't get too excited. An oil catch can installed can help alleviate some of that issue.

2. You must remove the turbo and test function, seals and shaft for play. A visual inspection of the impeller is also required. A service manual will be able to guide you in what operating parameters are nominal for functionality.

3. In short, yes.

4. Holes meaning hose, correct? Assuming you mean hose; if you have a vacuum line detached, it most certainly would affect performance and function of said system that the hose is supposed to be attached to.

5. See answer to number 4.

I will make another assumption here, you don't appear to be very mechanically inclined. This is not a negative judgement in any way. However, asking questions here can be a good thing. If you are looking to purchase this truck, I would suggest taking it to a reputable mechanic and having them give it a full inspection. That can also lead to leverage when making the purchase.

Good Luck.
GreenThumb is offline   Reply With Quote