Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Gallery > Gallery

Unread 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
macoyle
Driver

Default macoyle's build thread

Alright guys I figured I would make a build thread since its the popular thing to do lol.

Heres the current mods on the truck right now:
Exterior:
Hello maxx 6 17x9 wheels
285 70 17 BFG a/t tires (with full size spare in stock location)
5% tint on all the rear and 20% on front two
Shrockworks bumper -2 Spot Duallies and a 31" PS LED Light bar
Bean LED Industries Lights...everywhere
Led turn signals
in channel window vents
06+ led tails
06+ headlights and 55W HIDs 4300K HI/LOW
Customized yakima Load warrior with extension
41" XS LED Light bar up top facing forward
2 spot and 2 flood duallies on the sides
30"XSR facing the rear
2-6" Flat flood LED lights for backup

Interior:
Leather installed by me (Check link in signature)
Pioneer navigation AVIC-X850BT
Polk 10" sub
MB Quart sub amp
Weather tech mats F+R
Viper 5704 2 way alarm and remote start
Bean LED Industries interior LED's
otrattw custom switches
License plate backup camera with switch
Bean LED Industries custom acrylic cup holder lights

Suspension:
3" ultimate toytec lift
1" body lift
Diff drop

Motor:
K&N intake
All fluids are synthetic

Sitting in the garage waiting for install when I have time to do it:
airlift air bags for the rear
MV-50 on board air
Transmission cooler with fan and otrattw transcooler switch
Custom rear cargo box (Not finished yet)
MB Quart 4 channel amp for speakers -still figuring out which components I wanna run
LED work lights for fenders, hood, and suspension

The rig was initially bought as a replacement for my wifes beloved 98 XJ and she really didnt want to switch vehicles but it didnt make sense to put another 3-4k into the cherokee, needed the entire front end rebuilt, again...new lift kit, adjustable track bar, tires and steering box fixed...(we will never get rid of it, it was her high school car and everyone in her family has kept their high school car)

The requirements for the replacement vehicle were we needed something 4 wheel drive thats reliable, has an aftermarket for it, lift it to clear 33's so we can get around at her families ranch and front end replacement for deers and its gotta be able to tow 4-5k pounds.

We bought the 4runner back in 09 and she wouldnt even drive it when we first bought it because she said it looked like a "mom car" since it was stock lol. The same day we bought the 4runner I ordered the 3" ultimate Toytec lift kit and 285-70-17 BFG A/Ts with spydertrax spacers. Once everything arrived we put the lift kit on and then my wife liked it and would drive it.

After 5 days of owning it we started tearing it apart!

We had to rock the stock tires for a day since it was too late to swing by the tire shop when we were finished.

Once we got the tires installed my wife started to like her new ride a little more lol

Around this time I tinted the windows myself with a precut kit off ebay, I made a thread a while back but it was easy and CHEAP lol. I also added the in channel window vents for fresh air.

Then came spring time and I absolutely HATE black but my wife had to have it....unfortunately the paint was in horrible shape (to me) and I am completely anal when it comes to paint but we got a smoking deal on it so we couldnt pass it up but heres the bad pics..

04 4runner 3" ultimate Toytec, 1" BL, Helo Maxx 6 17x9, 285 BFG A/T's, custom leather install, royal purple in diffs, shrockworks bumper, 20% tint, 4300k HIDS, reverse lights, in dash nav, K&N intake, etcmy build.

98 cherokee 4" lift, arb, roof rack, lights, 31" BFG's
macoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
macoyle
Driver

I cant tell you how many hours I have spent fixing the plethora of swirl marks and spider webs in the paint...its painful to look at but heres a couple pics when she was cleaned up right before we transferred from Connecticut to Texas-

Once we got to Texas I went ahead and bought new wheels for her:

Couple of pics once we cleaned her up

Then I found a great deal on a leather kit off of ebay so I watched a couple videos and it looked easy so I went ahead and tore the inside apart and replaced the cloth with new black leather (theres an entire write up for this so I wont post too much of this)

all done

about 10k later still looking good

I got the Shrockworks around this time, no pictures of the install but heres one from around that time after we were out at our folks land

In 2011 there were horrible wildfires all over Texas and unfortunately my in laws house, shop, everything was burned to a crisp. Luckily my brother in law and I headed out all night to attempt to get there to grab the irreplaceable items and luckily the highway patrol folks let us by since I am active duty military and we drove all night from galveston 6 hours away so they let us by and "never saw us".Towing my father in laws high school car (Cutlass 442 clone) and he got his bronco from high school and we got all the important stuff we could and got outta there. A couple hours later everything was gone

04 4runner 3" ultimate Toytec, 1" BL, Helo Maxx 6 17x9, 285 BFG A/T's, custom leather install, royal purple in diffs, shrockworks bumper, 20% tint, 4300k HIDS, reverse lights, in dash nav, K&N intake, etcmy build.

Unread 08-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
macoyle
Driver

I also did the 06+ headlight swap since I was tired of having to buff them out every couple of months and I liked that the signal was moved up into the housing, projector lights and it simply looks better! I also upgraded to the 55W HID setups for the low and hi beam 4300k.

And to wrap it up I have a few other projects that will be finished over the next couple of months when I have time. I need to finish the rear cargo box, install and run the on board air system, rear air bags, transmission cooler with fan and switch and wire up the component speakers and amp once I figure out which setup I want to run next-

Unread 08-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
macoyle
Driver

Getting ready to install the rear airbags, transcooler with fan and switch, rear camera override switch with resisitor so it doesnt trigger the reverse sensor and damage anything. Heres some pics of the switches and Ill update the thread later after I install everything.

The landing lights will be for the rock lights that Ill have under the truck, wheel wells and around the engine compartment.

Unread 08-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
Redswan
MojaveMike

Nice rig! Where/what company did you get those seat covers from? I am looking to match my front seats.
'90 Celica GT4 RC
Redswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
macoyle
Driver

I dont remember what the ebay user name was but it was on ebay for like $300 or so

Unread 08-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
Redswan
MojaveMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by macoyle View Post
I dont remember what the ebay user name was but it was on ebay for like $300 or so
Cool thanks, I'll look around some more.
Semper Paratus
'90 Celica GT4 RC
Redswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #8
macoyle
Driver

Thanks Redswan, I love your rig!! I wish mine was at the level of yours lol. I am very envious of your 05 since your able to supercharge it, im just a year off lol

Unread 09-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
DawgRunner
Senior Driver

Nice! Very Clean build!