Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:06 PM   #1
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Talking 12th Annual Mojave Trip 9/15-18/2017!

Holy crap guys.....Sorry, obviously, I haven't been paying attention to the calendar!!!
Well, I think at this point, I'm going to mix up this trip and do something different.......Camp in one place for more than A night/day!!

Friday September 15 - 18 2017

I think on Friday, we'll set up shop at Cock Rock in Caruther's Canyon and leave there for part of the Mojave Road on Sunday and back in to Baker......Then for me, or whoever else wants to stay out for Sunday night, back into the park and camp.

Another reason I'm thinking of just making this trip just a leisurely camping trip, is I still have a lot of things that need to be done before I go travel another 300 miles throughout the park.
I re-geared the rear end, and had planned on getting the fronts re-geared and front locker finally installed, but $$$ and time ran short! I don't want to be stuck out there without being able to put the truck into 4wd when needed. Also, need to rebuild all four shocks, get a new steering rack and new uca's!! Yeah, no time nor enough $$$$ to get that all done in the next couple of weeks.
Also, There's a Lot of flood damage out there right now from all of the monsoons, so this will be cool and different, and not in a hurry to get packed up every morning for once!! LOL!!
There is so much to explore in Caruthers Canyon, that we rarely get to see much as we're always in a hurry to get to the next camp.

So, if anyone wants to come on out with me and Cleo (the Dog).......sign on up. We'll still do our legendary cookouts and feasts.....and drinks around the campfire!!

Sorry if you wanted to do the entire road as I always do......but someone told me recently, that change is good.......I'm not quite sure what that really means yet, but hey......what the hell!!
Besides, the last two September Mojave Road we sparsely attended, unlike the Easter trip!! So......for those (Mike) who haven't been out for a while, maybe because they don't want to do the entire trip, but like to camp out and explore........then this is the trip for you!!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

bump!!!!!!!!!!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
Unread 09-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #3
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Exclamation

Whooooaaaaa people!!!

Seeing that I got this up way too late, it looks like the trip is going to have to be canceled and/or postponed for a week or two!!

My new dog had an injury at the doggie park last night, and after emergency surgery......is not going to be able to go off road and camping.......not for at least 14 days!!
So, if anyone still wants to go, albeit.....a little bit later than usual, post up and let it be known!! I'm still going to do the same thing as I posted up, make it a camping trip.......and part expedition.

So, I'll let you all know what the vet says on her check up day in three (3) days.
Unread 09-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #4
Redrider
Driver

Robert,

It's Jack, I haven't been on here much in years. You still have the same truck!? Lol