Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning

Unread 08-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #61
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
IS this trip on? No one has posted up anything in a while!!

Its a private group so communication is outside the thread. If you're not coming you don't need to know
04 V8 SE, F250 Solid Axles Swap, Marlin Crawl Case, FT Case swap, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper. Shrockworks F.Bumper
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #62
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

I will ask for a confirmation of numbers tonight. I have others who will jump in if people bow out.
04 V8 SE, F250 Solid Axles Swap, Marlin Crawl Case, FT Case swap, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper. Shrockworks F.Bumper
Unread 08-18-2021, 03:21 PM   #63
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
Its a private group so communication is outside the thread. If you're not coming you don't need to know

Piss off mate!! Not a private thread......in case you haven't noticed!! But, as long as it's not on Aug 27 next year, and everyone is still alive, put me down!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2021, 05:18 PM   #64
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

Shelley and I are confirmed, gonna roll down to pismo for two nights before hand.
Unread 08-19-2021, 08:24 PM   #65
recon trooper
Rookie

Yup I'm in. Probably get in early Friday morning.

How early can we setup at the campsite?

looks like no campfires allowed currently

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sbnf/...d=FSEPRD935239

if that changes I do have a ton of wood I can bring

are we doing any group cooking? anything I should bring for the crew?
Unread 08-19-2021, 09:00 PM   #66
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Piss off mate!! Not a private thread......in case you haven't noticed!! But, as long as it's not on Aug 27 next year, and everyone is still alive, put me down!

Lol. Butt hurt some?

I was not referring to the thread being private I hv had private discussions OUTSIDE this thread about the trip. Thatís why you are not seeing much here.
Unread 08-19-2021, 11:15 PM   #67
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon trooper View Post

If campfires are banned, I do have a propane fire pit, I means it's not the same but it's actually still nice, I got it for going into forest where you couldn't do wood fires.
Unread 08-20-2021, 11:46 AM   #68
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Lol. Butt hurt some?

I was not referring to the thread being private I hv had private discussions OUTSIDE this thread about the trip. Thatís why you are not seeing much here.

Whatever dude!!
NVTTORA Prez..My034runner: DR/ICON coil overs, Icon 2.5 resis in the rear, custom coil springs, AllPro sliders, BudBuilt skids, KurtFab Lower links, AllPro Upper links, WabFab endlinks, Blackout safari rack, FourTreks HiLift mounts, 285/75/16 BFG's Ko's, MagnaFlow exhaust, Optima Blue&Red top, ShrockWorks bumper, MileMarkerE9000 winch, Engel MT-60 fridge, Sirius, Garmin60 Csx, Factory nav etc...
Unread 08-20-2021, 11:57 AM   #69
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
If campfires are banned, I do have a propane fire pit, I means it's not the same but it's actually still nice, I got it for going into forest where you couldn't do wood fires.

My brother actually bought me a fire pit for my birthday last year. At first, I'm like......okay, what am I going to do with this, it's huge and takes up a lot of space, and I already have firewood!

Then last year, after the Big wild fire in the Mojave Preserve.....I didn't want to build a fire, seeing that fire just destroyed so much...…..So I found room on the roof rack for the fire pit, and used it again during Easter, and am taking it again next month for my Mojave Road trip. It works Really well, puts out a lot of heat, flame is fully adjustable, and Doesn't have any Hot embers blowing away in the wind to catch fire!!!
It actually turned out to be a pretty good gift, and is probably going to be the only fire on any trip I go on.
Your damn state is burning to the ground, and I won't be the one who starts another fire!!
Unread 08-20-2021, 12:37 PM   #70
recon trooper
Rookie

Quote:
..Ö..So I found room on the roof rack for the fire pit, and used it again during Easter, and am taking it again next month for my Mojave Road trip. It works Really well, puts out a lot of heat, flame is fully adjustable, and Doesn't have any Hot embers blowing away in the wind to catch fire!!!
It actually turned out to be a pretty good gift, and is probably going to be the only fire on any trip I go on.
Your damn state is burning to the ground, and I won't be the one who starts another fire!!
How much propane does it go through in a weekend? I've seen them and they look cool and easy to setup/use, was wondering on how long it will last on multi day trips
Unread 08-20-2021, 02:39 PM   #71
my034runner
Toy120 Uber Mod

Quote:
How much propane does it go through in a weekend? I've seen them and they look cool and easy to setup/use, was wondering on how long it will last on multi day trips

Well, after the Easter trip, I think I still have like 1/2 tank left or so. Really depends on how high you set the flames to. You max it out, you'll probably burn through a lot more. But I think if two people bring a full tank, that should get you through the weekend blowing it up at Max flame. Good news, is you can always to into town to refill a tank in BB, so even if you only bring one tank, just go refill it.

It's a little different on an Expedition trip like we're doing next month.....where there is no town to go into!! You have a town at the beginning, and the end!! Lol! So, we'll bring two or three tanks for the Mojave...Ö.I and whomever else wants to stay out for the next three days after the initial three days.....will be covered.
Unread 08-20-2021, 03:29 PM   #72
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
Sounds perfect man. Awesome. I think Abu was thinking of bringing a gas fireÖ
Unread 08-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #73
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:

I actually donít know the timing. Had never considered it but Iíll check up. Iím thinking of getting up there mid morning now that Iím taking the day off on Friday
Unread 08-20-2021, 03:32 PM   #74
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

I’ll start a mini menu planner over the weekend. People can plug in what they want to share .
Unread 08-20-2021, 03:35 PM   #75
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Just checked. Check in time is 2pm pffft. I’ll be there before then. No one booked for Thursday night.
Unread 08-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #76
bulldog
Admin

Yeah add me to the list of attendees, if I get my work done in time.
Planning on leaving Friday morning from here, no idea on ETA yet.

2019 Low Rider
2021 Poser
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2021, 11:36 PM   #77
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

We are leaving the the east bay area on Wednesday and camping two nights at Pismo beach then will head down Friday after check out. Big bear is about 4.5 hrs from Pismo beach
Unread 08-21-2021, 07:13 PM   #78
recon trooper
Rookie

Quote:
Just checked. Check in time is 2pm pffft. Iíll be there before then. No one booked for Thursday night.
That makes it easier! I booked Thurs night. I'll leave Bay Area Thurs mid day and get in late, anyone arriving before 2pm Friday is also covered.

How's cell coverage at the campsite? I'm Verizon and would need to do some video calls Fri if the signal is good enough.
Unread 08-21-2021, 09:25 PM   #79
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

Quote:
That makes it easier! I booked Thurs night. I'll leave Bay Area Thurs mid day and get in late, anyone arriving before 2pm Friday is also covered.

How's cell coverage at the campsite? I'm Verizon and would need to do some video calls Fri if the signal is good enough.
What cell service do you have? This is TMobile coverage for the area

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Unread 08-22-2021, 12:36 PM   #80
Sahabi9
Driver

Default Attendee List

Hey everyone, I can't wait to see you all this next weekend. If you are planning on coming to this years BBB please add your name to the list.

ATTENDEE LIST
1. Mark B
2. Abu S