Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > General Tech > FJ Cruiser

Unread 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #21
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

and when we gonna get some of those sweet stickers?!?!
the_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #22
Litupagain
Driver

You know with sponsorship comes stickers...
Litupagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #23
UnionJack
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_josh View Post
It's a cool rig, don't really get all the video cameras, yes I understand their purpose, just seems like offroad bling

I'm kinda bummed the first OW sponsored rig Is a fj, like really bummed!!!

Everybody sponsors fjs, ya know
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikid View Post
The FJ has a few challenges on visibility while wheeling, High doors, fenders not having a slope that disappears, some blind spots
Hey Josh, ever been in a FJ... visibility sucks if you are trying to wheel smart then the cameras are a good idea, I would not like to drive one on road, in fact the cameras would help there also.

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #24
Ryanmb21
Some Guy

VERY COOL RIG! Congrats on the sponsorship!
Ryanmb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #25
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unionjack View Post
Hey Josh, ever been in a FJ... visibility sucks if you are trying to wheel smart then the cameras are a good idea, I would not like to drive one on road, in fact the cameras would help there also.
i drove one back in 07 but i actually didnt think about all that don said, so it makes sense in his rig, im just used to high visibilty... my bad!!
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #26
wikid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanmb21 View Post
VERY COOL RIG! Congrats on the sponsorship!
Thank you
Overland has been excellent, since the very first conversation I had with them. I learned more about suspension, then I knew before our talk. Besides, they have really cool accents

Quote:
i drove one back in 07 but i actually didnt think about all that don said, so it makes sense in his rig, im just used to high visibilty... my bad!!
the josh,
I visited your build thread, "WOW", very nice. I would love to wheel with ya sometime. Then a cold one would be in order

thanks
Don
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #27
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Yeah, I gotta get organised this week on that. I had two proto types made, just to see how they would come and out and how durable they would be. Even Andries hasn't got one yet LOL.

Anyhow, the guy that made them for me never sent me a quote so I gotta go see him in the next day or so. I'll place an order and we'll get some out there.
04 V8 SE, Completion date July 24: RST Solid axles Swap, Atlas Crawl Case, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #28
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

i gotta hand it to you, the interior is done very clean, i like the contrasting of dark grey and light grey accents
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #29
wikid
Rookie

Thanks.
At first I didn't know if I liked it, but it grew on me after I actually saw pics of it . It probably was because of all the aggravation it caused, 1 week before it was suppose to get shown, at the Overland Expo in 09.
My wife was a big help on the Sunday before the Expo, getting he headliner cut, glued and installed .
I couldn't have gotten it done in time if not for her
Don
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #30
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

what kinda cameras are you using?

i recently picked up the VholdR 1080p to film video on the trails, ive been happy with it so far

oh man, are your cameras hd? cause that would be kickass!
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #31
the_josh
East Bay Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
Yeah, I gotta get organised this week on that. I had two proto types made, just to see how they would come and out and how durable they would be. Even Andries hasn't got one yet LOL.

Anyhow, the guy that made them for me never sent me a quote so I gotta go see him in the next day or so. I'll place an order and we'll get some out there.
Sweet, ill have to find a place to stick it, maybe on the same spot as my 120 sticker opposite corner
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #32
wikid
Rookie

Quote:
what kinda cameras are you using?

i recently picked up the VholdR 1080p to film video on the trails, ive been happy with it so far

oh man, are your cameras hd? cause that would be kickass!
My spot cameras are not HD
I will be streaming a go pro in HD as soon as they update the firmware to allow it. Plus we may build a special mount for it hmmmm
Camera Technology has come a long ways since mine was complete. We will be updating with some other cool things too it will be a surprise
thanks
Unread 03-30-2010, 12:35 AM   #33
BlairB
Old Timer

Don, always loved your FJ.

I have admired your build over at the blue room and I am glad to see you over on 120!

2008 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD V6- Long Travel, Expo Rig Build Thread
2017 Tundra TRD Pro

2007 Porsche Cayman
BlairB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 03:21 AM   #34
AlexJet
Old Timer

Nice setup you have. Interesting would similar setup survive in the North...?
'09 Custom Expedition Trailer --- 35"
AlexJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #35
wikid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJet View Post
Nice setup you have. Interesting would similar setup survive in the North...?
AlexJet
Thanks , from your avatar it looks like your rig is nice, I will go check it out.
I think it would. There may be a few challenges with ice, but I think if it was done correctly it would hold up.
I have one foot on the coals in hell here in Arizona and I haven't had any issues, we just went through a really rainy period and it was fine. Then when I went to the King of the Hammers, we just had to go play in the mud. It worked fine after the lenses were cleaned
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #36
medic83
Solid Axle Beast

DUDE!!! I would have went with the complete Radflo remote resi setup and you could have sponsored a solid axle 4runner!!! WTF......awwww man
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #37
medic83
Solid Axle Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litupagain View Post
You know with sponsorship comes stickers...
No.... its free suspension parts!!

I could have been a great marketing plan!!!
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #38
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic83 View Post
DUDE!!! I would have went with the complete Radflo remote resi setup and you could have sponsored a solid axle 4runner!!! WTF......awwww man
Exactly - something we dont specialize in!
04 V8 SE, Completion date July 24: RST Solid axles Swap, Atlas Crawl Case, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 03:56 AM   #39
AlexJet
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikid View Post
AlexJet
Thanks , from your avatar it looks like your rig is nice, I will go check it out.
I think it would. There may be a few challenges with ice, but I think if it was done correctly it would hold up.
I have one foot on the coals in hell here in Arizona and I haven't had any issues, we just went through a really rainy period and it was fine. Then when I went to the King of the Hammers, we just had to go play in the mud. It worked fine after the lenses were cleaned
I was more refering to allot of road salt, hevay sticky mud, sharp rocks. The biggest problem for vehicle survivasbility here is sticky mud, watter and winter salt.
If you'll be in our area, let me know...we'll go for some trails...
'09 Custom Expedition Trailer --- 35"
AlexJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #40
MR_Runner
East Coast Runner

Quote:
x2!
275/70/17 MT/R with Kevlar, OME N140s with 886 and 3/4" spacer. n74L with 1" spacer, Custom LT Man-A-Fre Coils, SeaBee Tire Carrier, Spidertrax, Medic Links, Rear Diff Breather, VSC off, XDI CAI, Rack with 3 6" Procomp 135w, PIAA 520s, Silverstar fogs, Prestige Remote Start, Cut Resonator, 12v Mod, 6000k HID, Scion T1806 with DICE Ipod unit, CB
MR_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote