Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > General Tech > Prado 120

Unread 07-17-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
maddy
Rookie

Default 2004 Prado VX Auto - VSC trouble

I just got a 2004 VX Auto and there seems to be something wrong with the VSC system...
When driving on a straight road the car suddenly pulls to the left slightly and back to normal with a creaking noise from the right wheel area and a bell rings...the toyota dealer couldn't find the problem...they say it could be something to do with the VSC....
Has anyone had similar problems ?
Can I have the VSC switched of on this car? If yes, how can I do it ?? please let me know... thanks
Maddy
maddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
bulldog
Admin

You can look at the Lexus GX and 4Runner VSC disable threads here.

It seems that one of the sensors might be going bad, or just that the needs a zero point calibration. Search for Zero point calibration instructions on the forum.

Good luck

2019 Low Rider
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
maddy
Rookie

Hey Bulldog, I couldn't find the threads for how to do the zero point calibration. Please help
Unread 07-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
expat
White Boomer (Kangaroo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy View Post
Hey Bulldog, I couldn't find the threads for how to do the zero point calibration. Please help
To do a zero point calibration. Instructions below.

1. Ensure the shift lever is in“P” range.
2. Turn the ignition switch ON.
3. Using SST 09843–18040, repeat a cycle of short and open between terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds. Verify that the VSC indicator light is lit indicating the recorded zero point is erased.
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Be sure the terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 are disconnected.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON.
7. Check that the VSC warning light goes off about 15 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON.
8. After ensuring that the VSC warning light remains OFF for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
9. Connect the terminal Ts and CG of DLC3 using SST 09843–18040.
10. Turn the ignition switch ON.
11. After turning the ignition switch ON, check that the VSC warning light is lit for about 4 seconds and then starts quick blinking at 0.13second intervals.
12. After ensuring the blinking of the VSC warning light for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
13. Remove the SST from terminals Ts and CG of DLC3.

-------------------------------

Ts is pin 14 and CG is pin 4 on the OBDII port, and you can basically just connect them with a wire. See Repair Manual for more pinouts and info on the OBDII port.
04 V8 SE, Completion date July 24: RST Solid axles Swap, Atlas Crawl Case, 40" Cooper STT Pro's on Fuel Anza D116 Beadlocks, 5:38 gear set, ADS Coilovers, 4x4 labs R.Bumper.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 04:20 AM   #5
maddy
Rookie

Thanks expat...but this is too techno for me at the moment..i might get the dealer to do this for me..cheers mate anyways..
Unread 12-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
pradonewbie
Rookie

Default 2004 Prado VX Auto - VSC trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy View Post
I just got a 2004 VX Auto and there seems to be something wrong with the VSC system...
When driving on a straight road the car suddenly pulls to the left slightly and back to normal with a creaking noise from the right wheel area and a bell rings...the toyota dealer couldn't find the problem...they say it could be something to do with the VSC....
Has anyone had similar problems ?
Can I have the VSC switched of on this car? If yes, how can I do it ?? please let me know... thanks
Maddy
Hi Maddy,

I recently bought a 2nd hand Prad 2004 VX Auto and I am having the exact same problem which you described above. My Prado pulls to the right just for a second while dirving on a straight road. VSC/TRC lights on the dash board come on just for a second or two when this happens. This has happened to me 5/6 times in a month and the previous owner said that he never experienced this issue.
I took the Prado to Toyota service center for a checkup and basically they could not find anything wrong.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP or POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Thanks for your help in anticipation.

Cheers.

pradonewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zero point calibration