Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Technical write ups > Outfitting

Closed Thread
Unread 06-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
Joel
Admin

Default Shrockworks Sliders Install

Shrockworks Sliders install by Expat

Place a rug on the ground to make it softer and protect your beautiful new powder coating!

Gather some basic tools (14mm)

Gather your nuts and bolts and washers for one side (note that one bolt is longer - this is for the front)

Check that you have enough length in the bolt to screw on a nut. If not, stand on the U frame to close the gap a little.

Place jack under center of slider and start raising to chassis rail

You might like to use jack stands to help position the jack at one end to raise the U frame up as high as it will go on the rail. I did this the first time but not the second.

Initially I was rather concerned that the sliders were not mounted high enough on the frame. What I found was that some welding dags were stopping the sliders from fitting just right and so they were pointed downward somewhat.

So a little grinding removed the gaps seen here, and I was able to rotate the sliders to a higher position.

There are brake lines on the drivers side that take some negotiating.

On the front drivers side there are some lines that are fastened to the chassis rail and the U bracket on the sliders needs to fit in-between the lines and rail. I found that the lines moved easily enough to allow the bracket arm to slide up in-between.

At the rear drivers side the brake lines are fastened to the tip of the chassis rail right where the bolt has to go. I was able to use just my fingers to lift the lines high enough to get the bolt under them. The brakes lines then rested back on the bolt.

BEWARE: Do not crimp (fold or bend) the brake lines - that would be bad. Be gentle!

Start the bolting process by doing either the front or rear and do the center last. You'll notice the U frame will start pulling in tight around the chassis rail. I had some space left between the frame rail and the U bracket but the sliders were damn tight. I bounced up and down on them and they did not move.

Inserting the bolts was fairly easy because I have a 1.5" body lift. the only problem I had was with one bolt on the drivers side rear where the gas tank is. It took some jiggling to get the bolt to slide thru both holes of the U bracket.

Beware of pesky plastic hardware that might be left over from an XREAS removal. I had to remove a few I didn't do at the time I removed the XREAS lines.

You can see here how the bolts are on the top of the chassis rail. This is excellent for keeping them safe from rock damage.

And the final product....... So sexy!!!!!!!

2004 Limited 4WD V8
Mods.
Closed Thread