Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Off Topic Area > Off Topic Chat

Unread 12-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
got556
Rookie

Default Tax Refund Time among us

Tax Refund time is getting close. Normally I use this to blow it on something I don't really need but it's good stress management.

So I'd like to hear what you guys are going to be spending it on, if you're getting your money back from the .gov.

For me it's either going towards the DeMello bumper/slider fund or towards find the g/f a new SUV (looking to get her a 1st gen Xterra).

How bout you all?
got556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
java230
Old Timer

i think i owe this year......
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
nathana92
Driver

I'm gonna get either UCA's, a locker, or custom coils....decisions
2003 SR5 4WD V8: TRD SUPERCHARGED, TRD Headers, ARB Bull Bar, CBI Rear, OME 886 coils w/ 1/4'' Spacer, SuperFlex's, 5100's, 285 Cooper STT, Slee SS Brake Lines, Custom Sway Bar Links, 4xInnovations Sliders, AllPro Lower Links, DDM HID'sCustom Y-Pipe, Magnaflow, BudBuilt, KurtFab Diff-Brace, Wet Okole's, JL Sub/Amp
nathana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
daPitbull
Senior Driver

I haven't gotten a return for the past 4 years...
daPitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
prjeff46
Buckeye Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPitbull View Post
I haven't gotten a return for the past 4 years...
That's actually a good thing that you aren't giving the government an interest free loan.
2004 v8 SE- Duratrac 33's-OW 2.5 front/OME rear-SW front bumper-Budbuilt-Engo 10K w/synthetic line- Lightforce 170's- LR UCA's-Spidertrax- Kurtfab Diff Bracket-4xInnovations sliders-1/2" body lift-JAMFab dual swingout bumper
prjeff46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
tweakeraz
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by got556 View Post
Tax Refund time is getting close. Normally I use this to blow it on something I don't really need but it's good stress management.

So I'd like to hear what you guys are going to be spending it on, if you're getting your money back from the .gov.

For me it's either going towards the DeMello bumper/slider fund or towards find the g/f a new SUV (looking to get her a 1st gen Xterra).

How bout you all?
Careful on the Xterra... window motors are crap. Had all window motors in my wife's old one replaced twice and Drivers window 3 times. Thankfully by the dealer. When we traded it at the time of my 4runner purchase, the windows still would unseat ever so slightly. Just enough to make it noisier in the cabin from wind. Also, shifter tends to become loose/not seated properly...so your car wont turn over until you jiggle the auto shifter(if you are thinking an automatic). Also, brake light would always come on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before brake pads were due to be replaced. Oh, and fog lights have a tendency to fall off. Replacing them is easy. Having to buy them just sucks. By the way, coworker also had 1st gen Xterra had same symptoms.

My wife's was 2wd V6 and it was terribly gutless on the road. I would have to preplan my accelerating/passing in that dang thing since flooring it and it responding didn't seem to correspond within the same time frame.

Sorry to go off topic, but just wanted to help another member possibly avoid some future grief. For what it is worth, I haven't heard the same issues of newer models, but then again, once we got rid of it, I never looked back.

As for our tax return...Wifey's Student Loans....Yay for me.
08 Limited V8 4wd - Titanium - ICON F/R, ICON UCA's, 1/2" BL, BFG 285/70/17 TA KO on on Method Standard 17 x8.5 wheels, WabFab links, Rear Spacer (Corrected "The Lean"), HID kit, Driver side grab handle, Speedohealer, Rola Rack
Mods coming soon: Who knows... preferably comms of some sort.
tweakeraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
got556
Rookie

I greatly appreciate the heads up on the Xterra and will definitely keep that in mind. That's the good kind of OT when it concerns putting out useful info, imho.

I hear you guys about not getting anything back. I work for the DOJ so I figure I already give more time to the .gov than what they pay me for so it doesn't bother me to give the some money interest free for a year.

This is what I do btw....lol that's me with the hat, in case some of you heard the national news the last week or two...

Unread 12-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
prjeff46
Buckeye Runner

Love Chicago it's such a fun city but probably not from what you have seen. I feel you I work for the DOD but I would still not give them the loan. They piss away enough money as it is.
2004 v8 SE- Duratrac 33's-OW 2.5 front/OME rear-SW front bumper-Budbuilt-Engo 10K w/synthetic line- Lightforce 170's- LR UCA's-Spidertrax- Kurtfab Diff Bracket-4xInnovations sliders-1/2" body lift-JAMFab dual swingout bumper
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
got556
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjeff46 View Post
Love Chicago it's such a fun city but probably not from what you have seen. I feel you I work for the DOD but I would still not give them the loan. They piss away enough money as it is.

You're right about that. The day after that escape and the day's leading up to it they had been abandoning posts inside the joint b/c "we're paying out too much OT...."

Then on the day after the escape I was working perimeter and had to let a FedEx guy drop off a shipment through the rear of the Sallyport. So we get all squared away and he says "You guys should enjoy these..."

Out comes 6....SIX..... Vizio 32" LED TV's.....WTF!?!?!?
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
prjeff46
Buckeye Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by got556 View Post
You're right about that. The day after that escape and the day's leading up to it they had been abandoning posts inside the joint b/c "we're paying out too much OT...."

Then on the day after the escape I was working perimeter and had to let a FedEx guy drop off a shipment through the rear of the Sallyport. So we get all squared away and he says "You guys should enjoy these..."

Out comes 6....SIX..... Vizio 32" LED TV's.....WTF!?!?!?
That sounds about right. My favorite is the end of the fiscal year and taking away all our money or making us spend it on useless stuff in fear that we won't get adequate funding the next year because we actually tried to save.
Unread 12-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
got556
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjeff46 View Post
That sounds about right. My favorite is the end of the fiscal year and taking away all our money or making us spend it on useless stuff in fear that we won't get adequate funding the next year because we actually tried to save.
Ain't that the truth. Hoping they open up Thomson (the prison the feds bought from the state) soon, so I can get the hell out of this concrete jungle of corruption and welfare leeches.

They have a few jobs open for Thomson already, but nothing I want to do or qualified for. But once they open up the CO jobs I'm out. I'm bus transportation certified and do airlifts/bus runs and figure with them just opening up I would stay pretty busy on the road driving the bus.

Not to mention opening up a Penitentiary looks really good on your resume w/in the BOP.

Stay safe.
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
DawgRunner
Senior Driver

I love tax refund time of year too. I purposely have more taxes withheld just so I get a nice refund. I don't mind the state and feds holding on to my money interest free since I'd probably just spend it if I got it up front. They're holding more then usual this year since I got cashed out on my vacation/comp/sick time when I retired. They automatically withheld about 33% from that payout. My receipts and other supporting documents are all lined up. Just waiting for the W-2's and 10-99's to roll in. I'm usually on TurboTax a day or 2 after the last 10-99 arrives. This year should be extra sweet since I have a $7,500 tax credit for buying a Chevy Volt.

Sure hope those clowns in DC get things worked out so it doesn't delay my refund.
Unread 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
got556
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgRunner View Post
I love tax refund time of year too. I purposely have more taxes withheld just so I get a nice refund. I don't mind the state and feds holding on to my money interest free since I'd probably just spend it if I got it up front. They're holding more then usual this year since I got cashed out on my vacation/comp/sick time when I retired. They automatically withheld about 33% from that payout. My receipts and other supporting documents are all lined up. Just waiting for the W-2's and 10-99's to roll in. I'm usually on TurboTax a day or 2 after the last 10-99 arrives. This year should be extra sweet since I have a $7,500 tax credit for buying a Chevy Volt.

Sure hope those clowns in DC get things worked out so it doesn't delay my refund.
Congrats on the retirement! Looking at transferring right now. BOP has a few spots open in the West open and looking at Safford, AZ. Looks like it would be a great place to spend out doors with the family and beautiful scenery. Right down in a valley surrounded by mountains on all sides.
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
muller
Rookie

Never ever got a return, usually owe more
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #15
DawgRunner
Senior Driver

The good news is my tax return is all done! ...

The bad news is the Feds haven't finalized Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in electric drive motor vehicle credit. It won't be ready until 2/8/2012 so I can't file until that form is ready. ...

The good news is I went ahead and picked up a couple items this weekend.

A pair of HK P2000SK's. One in 9mm and one in .40 S&W

Unread 02-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #16
bulldog
Admin

Stocking up for the zombie attack????

Nice, but why 9mm and 40??

bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #17
UnionJack
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

If the 9 does not stop the zombie maybe the 40 will

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #18
DawgRunner
Senior Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

9mm for the wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
I like that rationale!
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
MCL68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Dave can just use both at the same time!
MCL68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
wrestler157
Rookie

I have to pay of course but only about 300. I guess being single nothing to claim and 70k means pay us more but good thing my girlfriend claims our daughter and head of household and gets back about 6k guess i cant be to upset lol

Speaking of government and money they are hurting us too. We are suppose to have a aircraft carrier come in for overhaul on the 14th and still no contract when usually its done 3 months ago

Im going to buy a cheap daily driver to keep miles down on the 4runner and move up to 33s

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
wrestler157 is offline   Reply With Quote