Toyota 120 Platforms Forum
Google only search Toyota120

Go Back   Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Gallery > Gallery

Unread 03-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #41
bahndrvr
Driver

Went on a work trip for a few weeks, been back around a week, picked up some odds and ends today - rear-view mirror as mine moved every bump I hit, license plate frame and crap for the rear as my holes were stripped going to tackle that in the evening one night soon, and ordered some of the 3" shock extensions for the tacoma bilsteins I have in the rear, which I'm sure will lead to me ordering the TJM rear springs sooner rather than later as the spacer will be the limfact in the rear soon. May just put on a card tonight...

After some back and forth am going with the RB/4Crawler 1.25" body and will go with some good coilovers in the front later.

I also took off the front bumper and mounted the fog lights properly, these will do till I do the body lift then doing the 30" curved lightbar at the same time. I also got the rest of the stuff to complete my intake path cleanup and removal of the silencers will throw on this weekend. I fixed my rattle I had in the rear hatch and put a tinted license plate cover as I think I mentioned before my license plate was on one of my drift cars in the past and lets just say it has been rebent and looks like crap so it's nice and covered now lol. I did some shopping around and I found out that TJM springs are actually KING springs so I have some TJM rear lift springs coming for the rear of the 4runner, if your interested Summit has 8 pairs left for 115 bucks shipped!

Was stoked, pic I threw up got picked to be the cover photo on a local Facebook page

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - Wifes

Owned and built multiple 4Runners, from mild to wild
bahndrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #42
bahndrvr
Driver

Couldn't wait threw them on yesterday, so damn easy to change rear springs, did the shock extensions of 3" as well with toytec's kit. Will test soon but will be limited by swaybar so will make some longer links soon!

Rear is definetly higher will drive and flex some today then measure! Feels so much more balanced and seems like the front is even stiffer with less bodyroll on corners! So happy to get rid of the old soft stock springs and get some good spring rates on the rear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 04-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #43
bahndrvr
Driver

Holy added flex! Definstkey need better shocks for the rear now and makes me want to dial in front a bit more, broke for now but will go ahead and piece together the rear swaybar stuff to get the rear bar back in spec! Let me go dig and find it, added a TON of travel! Won't get full stuff due to shock extensions so need to extend bump stops in the rear.

Unread 04-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #44
ran23
Driver

I just picked up a 1/2" C3 Impact wrench to add to my collection. I use ebay 3 amp batteries instead of the smaller Craftsman. about half price. nice ride
Unread 04-18-2017, 01:55 PM   #45
Wanderer
Driver

Don't you risk over-compressing a shock or bending the shock mount running without extended bump stops on that?
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #46
bahndrvr
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Don't you risk over-compressing a shock or bending the shock mount running without extended bump stops on that?

Yeap, actually tested that yesterday to measure and they are basically my bump stops right now.... the travel seems to be limited by swaybar but not the shock.

This is fully stuffed, see the problem lol!

But definatly gets me more places!

The shock setup is very temporary as they can't handle the increased spring rate and I may have already blown them as did a lot of testing and have more tomorrow as well haha

Unread 04-20-2017, 01:15 AM   #47
Wanderer
Driver

Someone around here welded on higher shock mounts that I believe let him run longer shocks for increased droop, without having to extend the bump stops or at least not as much. That seems like the way to go to me.
Unread 04-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #48
bahndrvr
Driver

Well that was unexpected! Do you ever happen along something you decide is worth the fight?

I consulted with the wife and she wasn't happy but she saw the crazy value in getting these so will have 35's soon! Should be here April 24/25'th going to have to figure out the spare but thinking will get a used 35 and just out in the hatch for now with a strap over it, full time 4wd concerns you know!!!!

Don't worry about figment, have a MIG welder and some sheet metal as well as some grinders and BFH to massage the places needed in the front. This wasn't the plan was planning on bodylift first but for 699 delivered for 315/70/17 BFG KO2's I can't believe it!!!! Go big or go home!!!

Unread 04-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #49
Wanderer
Driver

I love the look of big tires with a minimum of lift. If you make those clear with good articulation and no BL I want to see details of your trimming, tubbing, backspacing, etc., please.

Those KO2 are closer to 34" so it may work pretty well I think

shabaka ran 35's with no BL but he had frequent and significant rubbing I believe.

bulldog wrote "I got a 1.5" body lift as I wanted to fit 35s, and it still requires a lot of work with the body lift."

bulldog's photo even with the 1.5" BL.

Last edited by Wanderer; 04-20-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Unread 04-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #50
bahndrvr
Driver

The rear I'm not as worried about right now for rubbing but the front that pinchweld is going to have to get flattened or removed and replaced as well as the pinch at the bottom under the edge if the fender then have to massacre the body mount as well. As I sit right now I will clear, but I don't want to damage any lugs because I was too lazy to do work before so Saturday will be a fun day! I do expect to rip off my front plastic fenders when I get serious but will take a heatgun to the this weekend to massage some more room. I have two things going for me right now. 1. Rear is not fully compressing due to the shock extensions, which is a bad thing but for stuffing 35's it should be about perfect so will fab up a bump stop extension to not ruin the rear shocks for now. 2. I have a traditional spacer lift on the front which is a 2.5" block on top of tacoma suspension. That also limits my amount of stuff but allows more drop. When I change to proper coilovers and proper rear shocks I'll hopefully have out the 1.25" BL on and the clearance that I did for the spacer and shock limitations will hopefully work.

But we all know even the best made plans hit roadblocks and I'll trim as much as I need to, I am a huge fan of bigger meats with low CG! My TJ I did the highline fender and ran 35's on 2.5" lift!!!! Looked mean and did great Offroad! Wonder what these 35's are going to do to my mileage still averaging around 17!

Last edited by bahndrvr; 04-21-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Unread 04-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #51
Wanderer
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahndrvr View Post
I am a huge fan of bigger meats with low cv! My TJ I did the highline fender and ran 35's on 2.5" lift!!!! Looked mean and did great Offeoad!
Me too, like I said, and I'll bet it did! Good luck with the fitting.
Unread 04-21-2017, 04:46 PM   #52
bahndrvr
Driver

Operation 35's first step!

Oh my, look at all that virgin metal and Room!

Because I was a Stang guy forever and Loved the MOAB!

Also removed the spare as going to try to get to the rear diff mod tomorrow and no need for the spare as it wouldn't help me at all once in 35's much less now!

Flareless has crossed my mind, have seen some tacos flareless and as long as you put something in the holes looks pretty good, considering it will clean it up before I start beating/cutting/welding tomorrow and see how it looks.

Also the source of my noise up front was not my lower control arm bushings, my passenger upper control arm had backed off a bit and was causing the ratttle!!!! That's good means I can wait to do the lower control arm bushings till I do the front wheel bearings!!!

Unread 04-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #53
Wanderer
Driver

Oh yeah here we go.

Will you mount up the 35's before you start cutting?
Unread 04-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #54
bahndrvr
Driver

Got a ton done today! Uploading pics now and will throw a big post or three depending on pics I have 42 pics and vids loading so may be more than one. I beat, cut, sealed, and welded a bunch today. With my 33's flexed and tested I have more room than I imagined, so I know -with the exception of my flares which I need to trim asap- I can drive day to day with the 315's now and do mild flex in the front. I am thinking that I may have to pull the front carpet, wires and then cut out and re-sheet that section to get it where I want it for my level of off-roading I do! Time will tell the tires arrive Tuesday not sure how fast I will have the change to get mounted and balanced but should be too long. Pics to come!

Unread 04-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #55
bahndrvr
Driver

Here we go:

Did that as well lol, need a breather for it

Tight fit, he didn't have extension for his welder

Unread 04-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #56
bahndrvr
Driver

Playtime:

Unread 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #57
bahndrvr
Driver

Default bahndrvr/vandert's I wish I had more money build

It got deeper but had a good bottom

Yes they high centered!

Looks like the vid of his wife high centering failed in upload, pretty funny she got out and waved her hands then he had to give it a shot I just hooked the strap up and pulled them backwards and was good to go!

Last edited by bahndrvr; 04-22-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Unread 04-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #58
bahndrvr
Driver

Happiness.