The maintenance light is programmed to come on at about 7500 miles after last reset. It will actually start to stay on longer after starting at about 5000 miles after the last reset.
Here are the simple steps to reset it yourself if you do your own oil changes, or if the dealer forgets to do it.
TSB EL002-03 has these instructions:
1. Turn ignition switch to "ON" position
2. Set odometer/trip display to "ODO" mode
3. Turn ignition switch to "OFF" position
4. Depress and hold the Trip Meter "RESET" button while turning the ignition switch to the "ON" position
5. The service maintenance reminder light will:
i. Illuminate solidly for 3 seconds
ii. Blink for 2 seconds
iii. Illuminate solidly for 1 second
iv. Turn off
6. Release the Trip Meter "RESET" button
7. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position
8. Turn the ignition to the "ON" position and confirm that the service maintenance reminder light goes out.