For 2007, new larger seats enhance Tacoma's interior comfort, while a new two-tone instrument panel, redesigned audio head units and new chrome trim around the gauge panel lend a more upscale look. On Access Cab Sport grade models, front seats feature convenient new “walk-in" memory. Drivers can now disengage the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) system on models so equipped.
In all 2007 Tacoma models, the standard four-wheel ABS is augmented by EBD and BA. EBD optimizes brake pressure at each wheel independently for greater control under braking, especially when cornering. The Brake Assist system is designed to determine if the driver is attempting emergency braking. If the driver has not pressed firmly enough on the brake pedal to engage the ABS, the system supplements the applied braking power until pedal pressure is released.
All Tacoma models are equipped with the advanced dual-stage airbag system. A front passenger cutoff switch is standard on Access Cab models. Double Cab models offer optional front seat side airbags and roll-sensing side curtain airbags (now with a cutoff switch for 2007). All seating positions on every Tacoma model are equipped with three-point seatbelts.
2007 Tacoma Brochure
No major changes from the 2007 model year. The only 2 noteworthy changes are the tire pressure monitoring system that now reacts quicker and the seat belt system that will now beep pending on various conditions.
2008 Tacoma Brochure
A number of additional features are available for 2009 on the Tacoma. These features are not necessarily available on all models, so review the brochure. The features include:
- Full hydraulic brake booster system on some models, with ATRAC, DAC and Hill Start Assist
- VSC off switch
- ATRAC and DAC swithces for models equipped with it
- Max boost function on the A/C
- Bluetooth on the JBL audio systems
- Frame reinforcements for rear collisions
- Door trim panels have been redesigned
- LED tail lamps
- Rear view camera with monitor in the rear view mirror
- New exhaust manifolds on the V6 to reduce noise and vibration
- LSD rear diff discontinued
- Shocks and bumpstops have been changed to improve ride
- Access Cab door latches have been strengthened
- A number of other small changes
2009 Tacoma Access Cab Brochure
2009 Tacoma Double Cab Brochure